[NEohioPAL]Plain Dealer - Response to New Friday Magazine Query

Robert Catalano robcat1964 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 15 06:25:51 PST 2005

--0-1545078011-1132064751=:17966

Below is a reply to the query that many NEOPAL members probably sent to the Plain Dealer regarding the new Friday Magazine's lack of local theater listings and audition notices.

Rob Catalano
robcat1964 at sbcglobal.net

>From Michael Norman and John Kappes of the Plain Dealer:
11-14-05

Just wanted to let you know that the theater listings were accidentally
omitted from the new Friday magazine because of a production error.
This, of course, did not make us happy, as we wanted the new magazine to
have a perfect rollout. Think of it as a preview in which one of the
stage lights falls and destroys a portion of the set. :-) Hopefully, we'll
get better as the run progresses.

The new magazine will, in fact, have more space devoted to coverage of
the Fine Arts, and theater in particular. We have started a new theater
column in the magazine that will be written weekly by Plain Dealer
Theater Critic Tony Brown. Arts Reporter Carolyn Jack will also be doing a
weekly column of Critic's Choice picks in the magazine, which, of
course, will frequenly concentrate on theater. She's also doing a separate
Family and the Arts column in the new Family section at the back of the
magazine, which will give all of the arts groups doing children's
programming another shot at coverage.

The Fine Arts listings in the magazine will be at least a page each
week, sometimes more as space allows. These are will "curated" lists in
the magazine, with Friday Mag/Fine Arts Editor John Kappes, making
selections each week for what gets printed. We will continue to prepare much
larger listings that will be published online at cleveland.com.

We did make a difficult decision to stop publishing the Audition
listings in the Plain Dealer. However, we will continue to put those together
and will display them online at cleveland.com. Hope that answers your
questions. And thanks for reading. Please feel free to email or call me
if you have any other questions or concerns. 216-999-4109, e-mail: JKAPPES at plaind.com

Michael Norman
Arts & Entertainment Editor
John Kappes
Friday Editor
The Plain Dealer

--0-1545078011-1132064751=:17966

<DIV>Below is a reply to the query that many NEOPAL members probably sent to the Plain Dealer regarding the new Friday Magazine's lack of local theater listings and audition notices.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Rob Catalano</DIV>
<DIV><A href="mailto:robcat1964 at sbcglobal.net">robcat1964 at sbcglobal.net</A></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>From Michael Norman and John Kappes of the Plain Dealer:</DIV>
<DIV>11-14-05</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Just wanted to let you know that the theater listings were accidentally <BR>omitted from the new Friday magazine because of a production error. <BR>This, of course, did not make us happy, as we wanted the new magazine to <BR>have a perfect rollout. Think of it as a preview in which one of the <BR>stage lights falls and destroys a portion of the set. :-) Hopefully, we'll <BR>get better as the run progresses. <BR><BR>The new magazine will, in fact, have more space devoted to coverage of <BR>the Fine Arts, and theater in particular. We have started a new theater <BR>column in the magazine that will be written weekly by Plain Dealer <BR>Theater Critic Tony Brown. Arts Reporter Carolyn Jack will also be doing a <BR>weekly column of Critic's Choice picks in the magazine, which, of <BR>course, will frequenly concentrate on theater. She's also doing a separate <BR>Family and the Arts column in the new Family section at the back of the <BR>magazine, which will give all of the arts groups
 doing children's <BR>programming another shot at coverage.<BR><BR>The Fine Arts listings in the magazine will be at least a page each <BR>week, sometimes more as space allows. These are will "curated" lists in <BR>the magazine, with Friday Mag/Fine Arts Editor John Kappes, making <BR>selections each week for what gets printed. We will continue to prepare much <BR>larger listings that will be published online at cleveland.com.<BR><BR>We did make a difficult decision to stop publishing the Audition <BR>listings in the Plain Dealer. However, we will continue to put those together <BR>and will display them online at cleveland.com. Hope that answers your <BR>questions. And thanks for reading. Please feel free to email or call me <BR>if you have any other questions or concerns. 216-999-4109, e-mail: JKAPPES at plaind.com<BR><BR><BR>Michael Norman<BR>Arts & Entertainment Editor<BR>John Kappes<BR>Friday Editor<BR>The Plain Dealer</DIV>
--0-1545078011-1132064751=:17966--