[NEohioPAL]WCPN 90.3 FM Presents Encore Broadcast of "I Hate This"

David Hansen pengo at davidhansen.org
Thu Dec 29 20:21:54 PST 2005

90.3 WCPN ideastreamsm PRESENTS AN ENCORE BROADCAST OF "I HATE THIS"
JANUARY 2, 2006 - AN EXCLUSIVE ONE-HOUR RADIO DRAMA

On Monday, January 2, from noon-1pm, the 90.3 WCPN ideastream program AROUND
NOON presents a special encore broadcast of the one-hour radio drama "I Hate
This".

"I Hate This" writer David Hansen collaborated with Around Noon producer
Dave DeOreo, 90.3 WCPN sound engineer Al Dahlhausen, and a group of talented
Northeast Ohio actors to recast Hansen's play, originally written as a
one-man live presentation, into a unique radio drama.

Based on events from Hansen's life, "I Hate This" tells the story of the
still birth of his first child. With surprisingly humorous undertones for
such a serious topic, Hansen's tale jumps in time describing events in the
36 hours before learning about the failed pregnancy, and the year that
follows - detailing the frustration, recrimination, guilt, sorrow and
ultimate acceptance of the loss.

In the original one-man show, Hansen plays more than a dozen characters,
including friends and family members who cannot express their feelings,
medical practitioners, both compassionate and not, and an autobiographical
character, learning to cope with anger and helplessness in the midst of
grief, eventually fashioning a new way of looking at life.

In this special radio presentation, Hansen is joined by the voices of Nina
Domingue, Magdalyn Donnelly, Alison Garrigan, Sadie Grossman, Betsy Hogg,
Nick Koesters, Brian Pedaci, Dee Perry, Scott Plate, Dorothy Silver, Reuben
Silver, and Thomas Weaver.

"I Hate This" received enthusiastically positive reviews at both the 2004
New York and 2003 Minnesota Fringe Festivals. It continues to receive
acclaim as a featured performance at health and bereavement conferences.

For additional information, visit www.wcpn.org or www.davidhansen.org.

ideastream is a public service, multiple-media organization with a mission
to strengthen our communities by providing distinctive, thought-provoking
programs and services that enlighten, inspire, educate and entertain.

###