[NEohioPAL]Student Reviews of Tom Fulton's Workshops

Tom Fulton tfulton at jcu.edu
Fri Jan 6 11:09:51 PST 2006

------=_NextPart_000_016D_01C612CA.DCB0B5E0

Call 440-338-3171 to register.

Tom will be holding an acting workshop:  Acting The Great Contemporary
American Playwrights. - Monday Nights January 16 - March 6
Mayfield Village Civic Center (Corner of Wilson Mills and Rt 91 - just 1000
feet east of the I-271 exit)
$195.00 for full session - $25.00 per class audit fee.  Selected reviews of
his workshops are shown below.

"I had the privilege to participate in Tom Fulton's recent Chekhov class. I
found the experience to be eye and mind opening, in the same way I did when
working on "The Seagull" under his direction at Beck Center earlier in 2004.
Tom has a way of asking questions that enable the participant to discover
what is underneath the surface, without insulting one's esteem or
experience. It is delightful to see nuances, as well as gain dramatic "ah
hahs" that open doors to thinking, feeling and behaving in a manner that
seems so much more truthful, honest, and frankly, exciting. If you want to
expand your sense of self, as well as your integrity and fun on stage, get
on board with Tom."
Jeff Grover

"I told a director friend of mine what an incredible experience my acting
class with Tom Fulton had been. I described to my friend the satisfaction I
felt when I looked up to see Tom and the rest of the class smiling and
silent as my scene partner and I finished our scene from the Three Sisters;
it was one of those moments when you know you got it, the art of what we do.

My friend said, "You have discovered the main benefit of working in acting
classes: the chance to really focus on the "Art" with people who understand
and appreciate that; and can help you grow as an actress." I couldn't say it
any better.

That is what Tom does--- in an environment where you are challenged to
explore, where you are expected to explore, and in which that exploration is
appreciated. I highly recommend Tom Fulton's acting class to novice and
experienced actors."
-Dolores Boda-

"Cleveland is so lucky to have Tom Fulton as a Theatre Coach. I am so
grateful for his help in analyzing scripts, finding the key to scenes and
personally working on how to develop and explore any character from Williams
to Shaw to Shakespeare.

He has a knack of working individually with each student on their own level
and helping them solve their own particular acting problems. His criticism
is always accompanied with suggestions and ideas on how to solve the acting
problems.

He has worked with me to help me find the honest, relaxed and personal
approach.. Scenes and monologues are usually worked on about four times in
class. It is always exciting to see other class members grow and stretch and
develop during the course of the workshop."
-Mary Jane Nottage-

"Chekhov acting classes with Tom Fulton were excellent. I sincerely
recommend them to anyone looking to hone their acting skills. Tom is such an
incredible teacher. Each and every time I went to class I witnessed a scene
bloom from mediocre to mesmerizing. Tom's direction revealed Chekhov's true
tragic and comedic genius, while taking us to levels as actors we never knew
we could reach. With Tom's expansive knowledge and input, we learned the
difference between simply acting compared to being involved physically and
mentally in a scene. Most importantly, we learned how to incorporate the
physical reality which is vital to making any performance come alive.

What I also liked about the classes is that it wasn't just teaching. Tom
pushed us to use our own imaginations and find the wants and overall
objectives for our characters. He passed on his knowledge so that we can
become independent actors. I learned how to take a show and break it down in
order to make my own discoveries. It is our job as actors to create our
character, not be told how. I'll admit that if I had seen Chekhov or even
done it without taking these classes I would have been lost. I can't wait to
take all the skills I learned and apply them to the next show I'm in."
-Anne Markt-

"Tom Fulton's sustaining contribution to North Eastern Ohio's theater
vitality is well known and laudably appreciated. But, that his enduring
respect for the principles of the actor's craft definitively examined and
refined by Constantin Stanislavski, pedagogically elaborated and culturally
interpolated by those outstanding actor-teachers of the Group Theater
(Adler, Clurman, Lewis and Strasberg), elevates his commanding perspective
of the materials to the status of his magnificent predecessors. Two decades
his senior, I "discovered" him in my retirement and now return avidly to
examine my own innate creative resources within the environment engendered
by his masterfully honed perceptivity!"
Kelly Holt
Associate Professor Emeritus
Theater Arts and Dance
CWRU

"The insight I've learned will remain with me for the rest of my career and
my life. Tom coaches us to bring our own life experience and humanity to the
work. His class was nothing less than an epiphany."
-Aaron Coleman-

Cleveland's Scene Magazine Names Tom Fulton Best Acting Teacher of 2004
"Many of the area's professional actors and quite a number of aspiring
amateurs seek out Tom Fulton for guidance in developing stage
characterizations.

Basing his classes at the Fairmount Center on the teachings of Stanislavski,
Fulton goes far beyond the stereotype of self indulgent method acting. By
putting each performer in touch with the physical reality of the role under
consideration, Fulton purges actors of the "head games" they love to indulge
in--and he does it all with a warm smile."

Learn more about the workshops at
<http://www.fairmountcenter.org/theatre_american.htm>
http://www.fairmountcenter.org/theatre_american.htm
Learn more about Tom Fulton at http://www.tomfulton.com
<http://www.tomfulton.com/>

Tom Fulton
University Web Developer

Phone:  216-397-3022

E-Fax: 216-937-0178

tfulton at jcu.edu

'thou must be patient...'

King Lear

------=_NextPart_000_016D_01C612CA.DCB0B5E0

xmlns:st1=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" =

<head>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
<o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
 name=3D"PlaceType"/>
<o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
 name=3D"City" =
downloadurl=3D"http://www.5iamas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"/>
 name=3D"PlaceName" downloadurl=3D"http://www.5iantlavalamp.com/"/>
<o:SmartTagType =
namespaceuri=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
 name=3D"place" downloadurl=3D"http://www.5iantlavalamp.com/"/>
<!--[if !mso]>
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
<![endif]-->
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:Verdana;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
	{mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:8.5pt;
	font-family:Verdana;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;}
p.style2, li.style2, div.style2
	{mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:9.0pt;
	font-family:Arial;}
span.style21
	{font-family:Arial;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial;color:black;font-weight:bold'>Call 440-338-3171 to =
register.<br>
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;color:black'><br>
Tom will be holding an acting workshop: =
size=3D2 color=3Dblack face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;
color:black;font-weight:bold;font-style:italic'>Acting The Great =
Contemporary
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black'> - Monday =
Nights January
16 – March 6<br>
Mayfield Village Civic Center (Corner of Wilson Mills and Rt 91 – =
just
1000 feet east of the I-271 exit)<br>
$195.00 for full session - $25.00 per class audit fee.  Selected =
reviews of his
workshops are shown below.  <br>
face=3DArial><span

style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;color:black'>"I had the privilege to =
participate in
Tom Fulton's recent Chekhov class. I found the experience to be eye and =
mind
opening, in the same way I did when working on "The Seagull" =
under
his direction at <st1:place w:st=3D"on"><st1:PlaceName =
w:st=3D"on">Beck</st1:PlaceName>
 <st1:PlaceType w:st=3D"on">Center</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> earlier =
in 2004.
Tom has a way of asking questions that enable the participant to =
discover what
is underneath the surface, without insulting one's esteem or experience. =
It is
delightful to see nuances, as well as gain dramatic "ah hahs" =
that
open doors to thinking, feeling and behaving in a manner that seems so =
much
more truthful, honest, and frankly, exciting. If you want to expand your =
sense
of self, as well as your integrity and fun on stage, get on board with
face=3DArial><span
style=3D'font-size:9.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black'><br>

style=3D'font-size:9.0pt'>"I
told a director friend of mine what an incredible experience my acting =
class
with Tom Fulton had been. I described to my friend the satisfaction I =
felt when
I looked up to see Tom and the rest of the class smiling and silent as =
my scene
partner and I finished our scene from the Three Sisters; it was one of =
those
moments when you know you got it, the art of what we do. <br>
My friend said, "You have discovered the main benefit of working in =
acting
classes: the chance to really focus on the "Art" with people =
who
understand and appreciate that; and can help you grow as an =
actress." I
couldn't say it any better. <br>
That is what Tom does--- in an environment where you are challenged to =
explore,
where you are expected to explore, and in which that exploration is
appreciated. I highly recommend Tom Fulton's acting class to novice and
experienced actors."<br>
style=3D'font-weight:bold'><br>
w:st=3D"on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City>
is so lucky to have Tom Fulton as a Theatre Coach. I am so grateful for =
his
help in analyzing scripts, finding the key to scenes and personally =
working on
how to develop and explore any character from Williams to Shaw to =
Shakespeare. <br>
He has a knack of working individually with each student on their own =
level and
helping them solve their own particular acting problems. His criticism =
is
always accompanied with suggestions and ideas on how to solve the acting
problems. <br>
He has worked with me to help me find the honest, relaxed and personal
approach.. Scenes and monologues are usually worked on about four times =
in
class. It is always exciting to see other class members grow and stretch =
and
develop during the course of the workshop."<br>

style=3D'font-size:9.0pt'>"Chekhov
[...]
in."<br>

style=3D'font-size:9.0pt'>"Tom
[...]
honed perceptivity!"<br>
style=3D'font-weight:bold'><br>
style=3D'font-family:Arial'>Associate Professor
Arts and

style=3D'font-size:9.0pt'>"The
insight I've learned will remain with me for the rest of my career and =
my life.
Tom coaches us to bring our own life experience and humanity to the =
work. His
class was nothing less than an epiphany."<br>

w:st=3D"on"><strong><b><font
  size=3D1 face=3DArial><span =
strong></st1:place></st1:City><strong><b><font
face=3DArial><span style=3D'font-family:Arial'>'s Scene Magazine Names =
Tom Fulton
"Many of the area's professional actors and quite a number of =
aspiring
amateurs seek out Tom Fulton for guidance in developing stage
characterizations.<br>
Basing his classes at the <st1:PlaceName =
w:st=3D"on">Fairmount</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType
w:st=3D"on">Center</st1:PlaceType> on the teachings of Stanislavski, =
<st1:City
w:st=3D"on"><st1:place w:st=3D"on">Fulton</st1:place></st1:City> goes =
far beyond
the stereotype of self indulgent method acting. By putting each =
performer in
touch with the physical reality of the role under consideration, Fulton =
purges
actors of the "head games" they love to indulge in--and he =
does it
all with a warm smile."<o:p></o:p></p>

style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;color:black'>Learn more about the workshops at <a
href=3D"http://www.fairmountcenter.org/theatre_american.htm"
title=3D"http://www.fairmountcenter.org/theatre_american.htm"><font =
color=3Dblack
title=3D"http://www.fairmountcenter.org/theatre_american.htm"><span
title=3D"http://www.fairmountcenter.org/theatre_american.htm"><span
style=3D'color:black'>http://www.fairmountcenter.org/theatre_american.htm=
Learn more about Tom Fulton at <a =
href=3D"http://www.tomfulton.com/">http://www.tomfulton.com</a>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Tom Fulton<br>
University Web Developer</span></font><o:p></o:p></p>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Phone:  =
216-397-3022</span></font><o:p></o:p></p>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>E-Fax: 216-937-0178</span></font><o:p></o:p></p>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'><a =
:p></p>

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>'thou must be =
patient...'</span></font><o:p></o:p></p>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>King Lear</span></font><o:p></o:p></p>

style=3D'font-size:

------=_NextPart_000_016D_01C612CA.DCB0B5E0--