[NEohioPAL]Local Playwrights featured in Salon Series

Jan Harcar jharcar at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Mon Jan 9 07:50:28 PST 2006

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6150A.80F47B00

Weathervane Playhouse
Salon Reading Series Presents Musical
Warm Spanish Men by Milian France
It's got swashbuckling, salty pirates. It features moon maidens and =
orphaned children. There are manipulative angels, Hungarian fables and =
chests of gold. And it's all whipped together in a confectionery of =
romance, music and song.

A reading of Warm Spanish Men, an original musical by Akronite Milian =
France, will be presented Sunday, January 15 at 4 p.m. as one of =
Weathervane Community Playhouse's free Salon Reading Series.

Set outside of London in 1870, everyone in England thinks Roddy =
Littlejohn is long dead when, in fact, he's been on the high seas =
dueling pirates with his friend and mate, Skipper. When their ship goes =
under, Roddy vows that, if he survives, he'll return to his father and =
the girl he loved to set things right. Skipper vows to take him there =
and start life anew. But things have changed back home-and that's when =
the fun begins.

Milian France wrote the book and lyrics, collaborating with local =
composer Steve Dallas on the music. "I go to Steve with the lyrics and a =
basic melody," says France, "and then he turns it into wonderful, fully =
realized music." France and Dallas collaborated earlier to create =
several revues under the title of Piano Bar, which has also been =
performed locally.

Weathervane's Salon Reading Series provides exposure to new plays and =
playwrights. The informal readings offer audience members opportunity to =
provide feedback in discussions following the reading. Light =
refreshments are also served.

The free Sunday afternoon reading of Warm Spanish Men takes place at =
Weathervane Community Playhouse at 1301 Weathervane Lane in Akron's =
Merriman Valley, Sunday, January 15 at 4 p.m. =
www.weathervaneplayhouse.com

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6150A.80F47B00

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff><FONT face=3DHelvetica>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial size=3D5>Weathervane=20
Playhouse</FONT></DIV></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><STRONG><FONT face=3DArial>Salon Reading Series =
Presents=20
Musical</FONT></STRONG></DIV></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><STRONG><FONT face=3DArial size=3D5><FONT =
color=3D#ff0000><EM>Warm=20
Spanish Men</EM> by Milian France</FONT></FONT></STRONG></FONT><FONT=20
face=3DHelvetica size=3D2></DIV>
<DIV>
<P>It=92s got swashbuckling, salty pirates. It features moon maidens and =
orphaned=20
children. There are manipulative angels, Hungarian fables and chests of =
gold.=20
And it=92s all whipped together in a confectionery of romance, music and =
song.</P>
<P>A reading of<B><I> Warm Spanish Men</B></I>, an original musical by =
Akronite=20
<B><FONT color=3D#ff0000>Milian France</FONT></B>, will be presented =
<B><FONT=20
color=3D#ff0000>Sunday, January 15 at 4 p.m.</FONT></B> as one of =
Weathervane=20
Community Playhouse=92s free Salon Reading Series.</P>
<P>Set outside of London in 1870, everyone in England thinks Roddy =
Littlejohn is=20
long dead when, in fact, he=92s been on the high seas dueling pirates =
with his=20
friend and mate, Skipper. When their ship goes under, Roddy vows that, =
if he=20
survives, he=92ll return to his father and the girl he loved to set =
things right.=20
Skipper vows to take him there and start life anew. But things have =
changed back=20
home=97and that=92s when the fun begins.</P><B>
<P><FONT color=3D#ff0000>Milian France</FONT></B> wrote the book and =
lyrics,=20
collaborating with local composer <B><FONT color=3D#ff0000>Steve =
Dallas</FONT></B>=20
on the music. "I go to Steve with the lyrics and a basic melody," says =
France,=20
"and then he turns it into wonderful, fully realized music." France and =
Dallas=20
collaborated earlier to create several revues under the title of =
<I>Piano=20
Bar</I>, which has also been performed locally.</P>
<P>Weathervane=92s Salon Reading Series provides exposure to new plays =
and=20
playwrights. The informal readings offer audience members opportunity to =
provide=20
feedback in discussions following the reading. Light refreshments are =
also=20
served.</P>
<P>The free Sunday afternoon reading of <B><I>Warm Spanish Men</B></I> =
takes=20
place at Weathervane Community Playhouse at 1301 Weathervane Lane in =
Akron=92s=20
Merriman Valley, Sunday, January 15 at 4 p.m. <A=20
href=3D"http://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com">www.weathervaneplayhouse.com=
</A></P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6150A.80F47B00--