[NEohioPAL]Love Is Grind: Free Times' Worst Valentine's Day Ever Writing Contest

James Renner becarriedaway at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 13 11:09:39 PST 2006

If you’ve concluded that Valentine’s Day is nothing more than a fiendish
plot by the international greeting-card cartel to cash in on lovers’ failure
to meet impossible expectations, we’re here to help. Or at least to exploit
you a little further. Tell us your tale of unrequited - or all too requited
- love. Change names if necessary, but otherwise keep it real. If we’re
moved to tears or laughter (or even better, both), we’ll share your pain
with other readers in the February 8 issue.

The author of the best essay will receive two tickets for Intimate Apparel
at Cleveland Playhouse (and free valet parking); dinner for two at Play
House Club; deluxe overnight accommodations at Glidden House; a bottle of
champagne courtesy of Laurello Vineyards; and a "Love Treats" basket from
TreatsBetweenTheSheets.com.

The fine print: Essays must be original works, written by the entrant, and
1,000 words or less. Must be 21 or older to enter. E-mail entry as an
attachment (Word or RTF file) to flewis at freetimes.com (mention Valentine’s
Day contest in the subject line). Include your name, age, address and phone
number. Deadline: Feb. 1, 2006, 5 p.m.

There is something inexpressibly charming in falling in love and, surely,
the whole pleasure lies in the fact that love isn't lasting. (Molière)