[NEohioPAL]David Bowie's Pianist Needs a Chorus!!!

Rita Klinger ritaklin at wowway.com
Wed Jan 18 09:25:01 PST 2006

--Apple-Mail-2-384111396

Additional AUDITIONS for the
Contemporary Youth Orchestra CHORUS

Saturday, January 21st, 9:30 - 10:15 am only!
Cleveland State University
Music and Communication Bldg. - Room G-8

SING with Mike Garson and the Contemporary Youth Orchestra!  (March=20
18th)
SING with a MAJOR Rock Artist (May concert- artist confirmed,=20
announcement soon!)
PERFORM for sold out audiences!
CONCERTS to be RECORDED for possible national distribution!

Audition Details: Auditions will be held  on Saturday, January 14th,=20
from 9:30 - 10:15 in room G-8 in the
Music Building of Cleveland State University (Use the entrance on E.
21st St between Chester and Euclid). Please be prepared to sing a song
that highlights your voice. We are auditioning treble or unchanged
voices through senior high school.  The ability to read music is not=20
essential.
Please E-mail <ritaklin at wowway.com> for an audition slot

Who We Are:
We are the treble chorus (boys and girls elementary through high school=20=

age with
unchanged voices, preferably) that performs  with the Contemporary=20
Youth Orchestra.
In addition to preparing for performances with the orchestra, our work
involves such things as learning contemporary treble choir pieces,
learning to follow a musical score and conductor, and learning to
listen to and find pitches in the midst of contemporary works.

Our Season: We started in October, but we have two more exciting
concerts remaining this season.
March 18th:
Jazz and Blues Meets the Orchestra-with Mike Garson, David Bowie's

May TBA:          Rock the Orchestra! (major artist confirmed-=20
announcement to follow.

perform for sold out audiences and recorded for possible national=20
distribution.
Past artists have included Pat Benatar and Neil   Giraldo, Jon =20
Anderson of Yes, and Graham Nash.

Rehearsals: The first full choir rehearsal is Saturday, January 21st,
from 10:30 - 12:30. We rehearse regularly on Saturday mornings 10:30 =96
12:30 through the next concert date, with additional rehearsals as the
concert nears.
Tuition:  The tuition for the 2005-2006 season is $100, prorated
throughout the season. There is an additional fee for T-shirts, which
are part of our concert dress.  Need-based scholarships are available.

For additional information, please contact Rita Klinger:
<ritaklin at wowway.com>

--Apple-Mail-2-384111396

<bold><bigger>Saturday, January 21st, 9:30 - 10:15 am only!=20

Cleveland State University

Music and Communication Bldg. - Room G-8

</bigger></bold>

SING with Mike Garson and the Contemporary Youth Orchestra!  (March
18th)

SING with a MAJOR Rock Artist (May concert- artist confirmed,
announcement soon!)

PERFORM for sold out audiences!

CONCERTS to be RECORDED for possible national distribution!

<bold>Audition Details:</bold> Auditions will be held  on Saturday,
January 14th, from 9:30 - 10:15 in room G-8 in the

Music Building of Cleveland State University (Use the entrance on E.

21st St between Chester and Euclid). Please be prepared to sing a song

that highlights your voice. We are auditioning treble or unchanged

voices through senior high school.  The ability to read music is not
essential.=20

<bold>Please E-mail <<ritaklin at wowway.com> for an audition slot</bold>

<bold>Who We Are:</bold>

We are the treble chorus (boys and girls elementary through high
school age with

unchanged voices, preferably) that performs  with the Contemporary
Youth Orchestra.

In addition to preparing for performances with the orchestra, our work

involves such things as learning contemporary treble choir pieces,

learning to follow a musical score and conductor, and learning to

listen to and find pitches in the midst of contemporary works.

<bold>Our Season: </bold>We started in October, but we have two more
exciting

concerts remaining this season.

18th:       =20

Jazz and Blues Meets the Orchestra-with Mike Garson, David Bowie's =

TBA:          Rock the Orchestra! (major artist confirmed-
announcement to follow.

perform for sold out audiences and recorded for possible national

Past artists have included Pat Benatar and Neil   Giraldo, Jon=20
Anderson of Yes, and Graham Nash.

<bold>Rehearsals: </bold>The first full choir rehearsal is Saturday,
January 21st,

from 10:30 - 12:30. We rehearse regularly on Saturday mornings 10:30 =96

12:30 through the next concert date, with additional rehearsals as the

concert nears.

<bold>Tuition:  </bold>The tuition for the 2005-2006 season is $100,
prorated

throughout the season. There is an additional fee for T-shirts, which

are part of our concert dress.  Need-based scholarships are available.

<bold><bigger>For additional information, please contact Rita Klinger:

<<ritaklin at wowway.com>

</bigger></bold>

--Apple-Mail-2-384111396--