[NEohioPAL]One Acts Available

ileifewriter at netscape.net ileifewriter at netscape.net
Wed Feb 1 14:58:12 PST 2006

----------MailBlocks_8C7F59A00FF8E31_974_151A5_mblkn-m09.sysops.aol.com

Greetings All

I am offering indefinitely beginning in March 2006, my one act, one woman show, "I Am That Other Walker Woman."  This 55 minute, orginal piece is about Maggie Lena Walker, the pioneer businesswoman who has been documented as being the first woman in America to found and become president of a bank.  Maggie Lena Walker, the daughter of a former slave, came from humble beginnings to head for over 35 years, St. Luke, an immensely successful African American self-help agency.  As Right Worthy Grand Secretary of the national order of St. Luke, Walker established a newspaper, an insurance company, a large department store and a bank which is still operating today and is the oldest and longest running African American bank in country.  By uplifting others and asserting her sharp entrepreneurial skills, Walker became a well-respected millionaire.

In this one act, I sing and portray four characters, one of whom is a man.  This play is an excellent slice of new information for March, (Women's History Month) because oddly,  Maggie Lena Walker has not been written about much in the past; the other Walker woman was, Madam C.J.  However, Maggie has been rediscovered in recent years and has been heralded as one of the most amazing businesswomen in American history. Her 25 room mansion is now a Historic stie in Richmond, Virginia.

If am also offering a one act, 25 min., one-woman play (enactment) of Hariett Tubman.

Please e-mail me if you have an upcoming event and would like more information or if you would like to know how you can book this piece.

Ife (ee-fay)
Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
http://mail.netscape.com

----------MailBlocks_8C7F59A00FF8E31_974_151A5_mblkn-m09.sysops.aol.com

<HTML><BODY><DIV style='font-family: "Verdana"; font-size: 10pt;'><DIV>Greetings All</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>I am offering indefinitely beginning in March 2006, my one act, one woman show, "I Am That Other Walker Woman."  This 55 minute, orginal piece is about Maggie Lena Walker, the pioneer businesswoman who has been documented as being the first woman in America to found and become president of a bank.  Maggie Lena Walker, the daughter of a former slave, came from humble beginnings to head for over 35 years, St. Luke, an immensely successful African American self-help agency.  As Right Worthy Grand Secretary of the national order of St. Luke, Walker established a newspaper, an insurance company, a large department store and a bank which is still operating today and is the oldest and longest running African American bank in country.  By uplifting others and asserting her sharp entrepreneurial skills, Walker became a well-respected millionaire.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>In this one act, I sing and portray four characters, one of whom is a man.  This play is an excellent slice of new information for March, (Women's History Month) because oddly,  Maggie Lena Walker has not been written about much in the past; the other Walker woman was, Madam C.J.  However, Maggie has been rediscovered in recent years and has been heralded as one of the most amazing businesswomen in American history. Her 25 room mansion is now a Historic stie in Richmond, Virginia.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>If am also offering a one act, 25 min., one-woman play (enactment) of Hariett Tubman.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Please e-mail me if you have an upcoming event and would like more information or if you would like to know how you can book this piece.   </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Ife (ee-fay)  </DIV></DIV>

<hr style="MARGIN-TOP:10px" >

</BODY></HTML>