[NEohioPAL]RE: The Diary of Anne Frank at the Beck Center

streamliners streamliners at alltel.net
Fri Feb 3 00:00:00 PST 2006

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C6286D.EC51ADC0

This evening we attended the preview performance for The Diary of Anne =
Frank at the Beck Center. A great experience!=20

We would have never known about this evening's event had it not been =
posted here on neohiopal as we live at the very east end of the city and =
don't get around much. Thankfully we are subscribers to this group and =
are extremely happy we are.=20

Our teenage child who is currently learning about the Holocaust in their =
course study at school was my escort. This was their first exposure to a =
"real" dramatic play as they normally have attended more dance/music =
related performances. I have always been hesitant to take our child to =
the theatre, as I thought perhaps they would not find it as exciting as =
the video games played or the action packed movies observed day to day =
at the cinemas.=20

Was I wrong, wrong, wrong!!! Our child LOVED the performance as much as =
I did. Not only were they mesmerized by the actors/actresses and the =
live performance, the set as well as the ambiance of the theatre, but =
they were equally taken back by the historical content displayed as it =
related directly to current school curriculum. =20
Not once was there a whisper of boredom or any fidgeting movements.=20

During every turn in the storyline and after the performance came =
questions from our child concerning the Holocaust as well as Anne's =
diary and specifics. As we are not of the Jewish faith/culture, my =
knowledge is extremely limited. I really had no answers for the more =
detailed questions asked of me. I was extremely surprised when my teen =
explained that they would love the opportunity to talk with someone who =
really had the facts as they had many questions and wanted to know more. =
(I almost fainted - wanted to know more!!) =20

It appears that perhaps the next mother/teen outing will be to the =
nearest library to find answers to those questions.=20

The performance is a must see. Parents grab your teens, take the time to =
go with them. It was a learning experience for mine but moreso a bigger =
learning experience for me both as a person as well as a parent.=20

A great performance with a very talented cast.=20

Best of Luck!
DB
------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C6286D.EC51ADC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This evening we attended the preview=20
performance for The Diary of Anne Frank at the Beck Center. A great =

experience! </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We would have never known about this =
evening's=20
event had it not been posted here on neohiopal as we live at the very =
east end=20
of the city and don't get around much. Thankfully we are subscribers to =
this=20
group and are extremely happy we are. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Our teenage child who is currently =
learning about=20
the Holocaust in their course study at school was my escort. This =
was their=20
first exposure to a "real" dramatic play as they normally have attended =
more=20
dance/music related performances. I have always been =
hesitant to take=20
our child to the theatre, as I thought perhaps they would not find =
it as=20
exciting as the video games played or the action packed movies =
observed day=20
to day at the cinemas. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Was I wrong, wrong, wrong!!! Our child =
LOVED the=20
performance as much as I did. Not only were they mesmerized by the=20
actors/actresses and the live performance, the set as well as the =
ambiance=20
of the theatre, but they were equally taken back by the historical =
content=20
displayed as it related directly to current school curriculum.=20
</FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Not once was there a whisper of boredom =
or any=20
fidgeting movements. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>During every turn in the storyline and =
after the=20
performance came questions from our child concerning the =
Holocaust as=20
well as Anne's diary and specifics. As we are not of the Jewish=20
faith/culture, my knowledge is extremely limited. I =
really had no=20
answers for the more detailed questions asked of me. I was =
extremely=20
surprised when my teen explained that they would love the =
opportunity to=20
talk with someone who really had the facts as they had many questions =
and wanted=20
to know more. (I almost fainted - wanted to know more!!)  =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It appears that perhaps the next =
mother/teen outing=20
will be to the nearest library to find answers to those questions. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The performance is a must see. Parents =
grab your=20
teens, take the time to go with them. It was a learning experience for =
mine but=20
moreso a bigger learning experience for me both as a person as well as a =
parent.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>A great performance with a very =
talented cast.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Best of Luck!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>DB</FONT> </DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C6286D.EC51ADC0--