[NEohioPAL]Setting a Price for Performances

ileifewriter at netscape.net ileifewriter at netscape.net
Wed Feb 8 08:44:45 PST 2006

----------MailBlocks_8C7FAE619E712A2_2504_921C_mblkn-m16.sysops.aol.com

Greetings All,

Does anyone have a general idea of how much I should charge individuals and/or organizations for my one-woman, one act play?  It is 55mins. long, uses simple props, and includes original songs.  I portray four characters, and perform simple costume changes. The play tells the story of "Maggie Lena Walker," the pioneer banker and entrepreneur, her trials and triumps.  The play has received wonderful reviews from those who have seen it and I just want to be sure that I am being fair to myself and others as far as what I am charging as this is not an equity project with cost guidelines.  Also, does a manual or guide exist that would help me in the future with the price setting of my original projects_ _ _say for instance, if I am booked at a theatre that charges admission, how much to charge or what percentage to secure from ticket sales?  I would appreciate any information on this matter.

Thank you,

Ife
Writer/Performer
Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
http://mail.netscape.com

----------MailBlocks_8C7FAE619E712A2_2504_921C_mblkn-m16.sysops.aol.com

<HTML><BODY><DIV style='font-family: "Verdana"; font-size: 10pt;'><DIV>Greetings All,</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Does anyone have a general idea of how much I should charge individuals and/or organizations for my one-woman, one act play?  It is 55mins. long, uses simple props, and includes original songs.  I portray four characters, and perform simple costume changes. The play tells the story of "Maggie Lena Walker," the pioneer banker and entrepreneur, her trials and triumps.  The play has received wonderful reviews from those who have seen it and I just want to be sure that I am being fair to myself and others as far as what I am charging as this is not an equity project with cost guidelines.  Also, does a manual or guide exist that would help me in the future with the price setting of my original projects_ _ _say for instance, if I am booked at a theatre that charges admission, how much to charge or what percentage to secure from ticket sales?  I would appreciate any information on this matter.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Thank you,</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Ife</DIV>