[NEohioPAL]New York Story -- first time out for this kid

MsProsperoHM MsProspero at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 11 14:06:51 PST 2006

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C62F2D.8CEBB850

 Dear Fred -- if you feel like passing this along -- my distant cousin --
whom I've never even met -- has a young child who wants to 'act'.  I've seen
his stuff on DVD and he's really quite good -- they live in Alabama and
moved to NY a few months ago to give Dylan a chance to do some real
auditioning.  They've never been anywhere else.   I couldn't believe what
they went through -- such perseverance and dedication to making a go of
it!!!!    Though not uncommon to us older, or more experienced actors --
these two -- the mother and son -- are really new to the business of show --
I promise it's a true story and not some email chain thing -- the little guy
is about 6 or 7 years old - a real trouper.

Sincerely,
Linda Castro

It got so breezy the other afternoon I almost DID loose Dylan.. he got
pushed down the street.. I had to catch him!  Hes looking forward to being
caught in the midst of this blizzard...we'll see how he feels about getting
caught in it tomorrow when we have to travel to midtown to go to an audtion!
Got stocked with supplies int he event of not being able to get out... I
dont have anysnow boots... we havent been shopping since we got here.

Dy had an awesome day esterday... it was one that just made you roud for
him.... he gained about 25 new fans after his 13 hour audition!  he was the
first one in line...(of course you know me.. better to be early than late)
at 5;15 in the am!  I stood out in the cold in line while he stayed in the
building foyer to stay warm. they did n't let us in til 915 and the audition
process began!  The rule of thumb is union members get 1st proiority time
slots for the day... when times are filled and union members are still in
line then they get alternate spots, meaning if a union member misses his
assigned time for the audition it is then filled with an alternate.
Nonunion members (which is what Dy is) are the last on the list... they can
only audition if time allows and there are no longer any union (equity)
members left.  So we sat, and sat, and sat, and sat.  Then after lunch ...
we sat and sat, and sat.  as time crept to 5 we realized that there were
still over 40 members left to audition.... in doing the math... figure out
the amount of time for each member.. about 3 min.divided by the number of
min. in an hour then you get the number of hours that there would take to
get everyone to audition... and that was just the union member and
alternates. then there were over 30 nonunion people there to audition too...
not everyone was going to get to audition and it even looked like Dy wasn't
going to get to audition and we had been the  first ones there.
Meanwhile Dy had made friends with a couple of young actors... adam and
leanne.. they were playing with him and keeping his spirits up, getting him
to sing to the group, playing cards, doing math problems.. so Dy was pretty
content... I however was not.  Stressd to the max... tired and just ill that
we would have beent here for no reason i just sorta melted... tears ran down
my face and the union monitor said babe i'm doing all I can... I said I know
but, there just aren't that many shows for kids in town... and hes th only
kid here ( that was what was odd... there were no children there ( one had
been there but his mother gave up after 4 hours) It was a casting call for
beauty and the beast, and the role was chip the teacup.  so i just sat and
waited. then at 5:30 this young man addressed the crowd that everyone should
just sing 16 measres instead of taking up all the time by singing their full
songs...He said if you do that that might leave enough time for Dylan to
audition.  Several kids came by and said i'll sing 16 measures... and it
became an issue, let let the kid sing.  the monitor was running those people
thru like he was herding sheep.  the audition was to end at 6 pm.. union
rules. the piano player left and the monitor said i'm sorry everyone we have
run out of time... i can only take in a small group and he started calling
out the last few union members... either several had up and left in the last
10 min. or no one was admitting to their name to go audition..... two girls
jumped up and addressed their  names and go to stand in line.... then the
monitor said thats all i can take ..... except my man Dylan.... I freaked...
!!!
I started crying so hard.... dy  looked like he was in shock... everyone was
applauding and screaming quick get your music, get your headshots you gotta
go.... the young man who had played with him all day took him out in the
foyer to stand in line and tried to relax him with breathing techniques and
tried hard to warm up his vocal cords for the pianoless audition he was
about to face with a casting director.  I finally gained my composure.. and
go to the hallway and see my little man shaking out the jitters... then he
looks at me and says momma.. "stand by the door and listen to me please...
I'm singing for you." I start cyring all over again.... then its
time...everyone is standing in the hall telling him to break a leg and
giving him hugs....and the little old irish man, whos the equity monitor,
proudly walks him in and addresses the casting director and says," this
little guy had been here since 530 this morning to get the chance to sing
for you.  If you don't mind I'll give him the note to start his song on."
while he gets the music ready dy begins talking to the casting lady... he
says i want to show you my english accent... the lady says no hon thats not
important.. where are you from... so she begins talking to him about where
he lived and how does he like nyc... then she calls for the note.  the
monitor leaves the room.... and as he closes the door  the little guy begins
his gary indiana song.
about 30 people are hovering around the door and along with them the  equity
monitor is too.  I'm at the otherdoor further up the hallway..... not a
sound out there... they stood breathless waiting for him to begin.
everyones head begins to bounce following along on the song.... Dy's new
voice lessons have increased his sound.  Soon he reaches the end and goes
for the big belt.  Silence... then you hear the director talk to him about
how clear and in tune his singing was without the piano and how she knew
grown adults who couldn't have sung in tune.  She said she enjoyed it and
would hopefully be seeing him soon.
As Dy came out the door... we was swamped with applause and cheers from all
who had listened... behind him the monitor walks into the room with the
casting director.  Igive him the biggest hug and he says I had fun doing
that. People gave him high 5's, hugs, and I wasn't the only crying... out
the doorway came the little old irish equity monitor in tears... he walks
over to me and gives me the biggest bear hug... He said ,"They're interested
in him!"
Everyone screamed!  He said, she was very impressed with him and is passing
his resume on to her boss. He said they usually only do that when they're
interested.  He said you should be so proud of yourself for staying until
the very end... even when it didn't look as though he was gonna get seen.
So we left there on cloud nine... and it wasn't so much that he told us she
was interest ed in him... it was the closeness we felt for all those people
who stood by him and supported him... they were done, they could have gone
home... but they rode the wave with us til the very  end. I thanked that
young man for getting the ball rolling with the group... because if it
hadn't have been for him Dy would never have been seen. The young woman who
we had spent the day talking to and playing with ( who reminded me alot of
Cassie) said... I was really surprised... I mean I knew he had to be able to
sing , but I was suprised at how well. She said we only heard him do those
little fun songs and only in half volume.. but gosh that kid can sing.  To
celebrate... we walked to the neighborhood pizzeria with Leeanne and had
ourselves a delicious pizza.
Dylan was exhausted... as we rode home on the subway he snuggled close as he
could get ... next thing i knew, he was asleep.
What a day... what a "lifetime channel" experience!
Ashley & Dylan

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C62F2D.8CEBB850

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2802" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DPristina color=3D#8000ff=20
size=3D5> <SPAN class=3D234160122-11022006><STRONG><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Dear Fred -- if you feel like passing this =
along -- my=20
distant cousin -- whom I've never even met -- has a young child who =
wants to=20
'act'.  I've seen his stuff on DVD and he's really quite good -- =
they live=20
in Alabama and moved to NY a few months ago to give Dylan a chance to do =
some=20
real auditioning.  They've never been anywhere else.   I =
couldn't=20
believe what they went through -- such perseverance and dedication to =
making a=20
go of it!!!!    Though not uncommon to us older, or more=20
experienced actors -- these two -- the mother and son -- are really new =
to the=20
business of show --   I promise it's a true story and not some =
email=20
chain thing -- the little guy is about 6 or 7 years old - a real=20
trouper.</FONT></STRONG></SPAN></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 =
size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D234160122-11022006><STRONG></STRONG></SPAN></FONT></FONT> </=

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 =
size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D234160122-11022006><STRONG>Sincerely,</STRONG></SPAN></FONT></FON=
T></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 =
size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D234160122-11022006><STRONG>Linda=20
Castro</STRONG></SPAN></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 =
size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D234160122-11022006><STRONG></STRONG></SPAN></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff80ff">It got so breezy =
the other=20
afternoon I almost DID loose Dylan.. he got pushed down the street.. I =
had to=20
catch him!  Hes looking forward to being caught in the midst of =
this=20
blizzard...we'll see how he feels about getting caught in it tomorrow =
when we=20
have to travel to midtown to go to an audtion!  Got stocked with =
supplies=20
int he event of not being able to get out... I dont have anysnow =
boots... we=20
havent been shopping since we got here.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT=20
style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff80ff"></FONT></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff80ff">Dy had an awesome =
day=20
esterday... it was one that just made you roud for him.... he gained =
about 25=20
new fans after his 13 hour audition!  he was the first one in =
line...(of=20
course you know me.. better to be early than late)  at 5;15 in the=20
am!  I stood out in the cold in line while he stayed in the =
building foyer=20
to stay warm. they did n't let us in til 915 and the audition process=20
began!  The rule of thumb is union members get 1st proiority time =
slots for=20
the day... when times are filled and union members are still in line =
then they=20
get alternate spots, meaning if a union member misses his assigned time =
for the=20
audition it is then filled with an alternate.  Nonunion members =
(which is=20
what Dy is) are the last on the list... they can only audition if time =
allows=20
and there are no longer any union (equity) members left.  So we =
sat, and=20
sat, and sat, and sat.  Then after lunch ... we sat and sat, and =
sat. =20
as time crept to 5 we realized that there were still over 40 members =
left to=20
audition.... in doing the math... figure out the amount of time for each =

member.. about 3 min.divided by the number of min. in an hour then you =
get the=20
number of hours that there would take to get everyone to audition... and =
that=20
was just the union member and alternates. then there were over 30 =
nonunion=20
people there to audition too...</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff80ff">not everyone was =
going to=20
get to audition and it even looked like Dy wasn't going to get to =
audition and=20
we had been the  first ones there.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff80ff">Meanwhile Dy had =
made=20
friends with a couple of young actors... adam and leanne.. they were =
playing=20
with him and keeping his spirits up, getting him to sing to the group, =
playing=20
cards, doing math problems.. so Dy was pretty content... I however was=20
not.  Stressd to the max... tired and just ill that we would have =
beent=20
here for no reason i just sorta melted... tears ran down my face and the =
union=20
monitor said babe i'm doing all I can... I said I know but, there just =
aren't=20
that many shows for kids in town... and hes th only kid here ( that was =
what was=20
odd... there were no children there ( one had been there but his mother =
gave up=20
after 4 hours) It was a casting call for beauty and the beast, and the =
role was=20
chip the teacup.  so i just sat and waited. then at 5:30 this young =
man=20
addressed the crowd that everyone should just sing 16 measres instead of =
taking=20
up all the time by singing their full songs...He said if you do that =
that might=20
leave enough time for Dylan to audition.  Several kids came by and =
said=20
i'll sing 16 measures... and it became an issue, let let the kid =
sing.  the=20
monitor was running those people thru like he was herding sheep.  =
the=20
audition was to end at 6 pm.. union rules. the piano player left and the =
monitor=20
said i'm sorry everyone we have run out of time... i can only take in a =
small=20
group and he started calling out the last few union members... either =
several=20
had up and left in the last 10 min. or no one was admitting to their =
name to go=20
audition..... two girls jumped up and addressed their  names and go =
to=20
stand in line.... then the monitor said thats all i can take ..... =
except=20
my man Dylan.... I freaked... !!!</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff80ff">I started crying =
so=20
hard.... dy  looked like he was in shock... everyone was=20
applauding and screaming quick get your music, get your headshots you =
gotta=20
go.... the young man who had played with him all day took him out in the =
foyer=20
to stand in line and tried to relax him with breathing techniques and =
tried hard=20
to warm up his vocal cords for the pianoless audition he was about =
to face=20
with a casting director.  I finally gained my composure.. and go to =
the=20
hallway and see my little man shaking out the jitters... then he looks =
at me and=20
says momma.. "stand by the door and listen to me please... I'm singing =
for you."=20
I start cyring all over again.... then its time...everyone is standing =
in the=20
hall telling him to break a leg and giving him hugs....and the little =
old irish=20
man, whos the equity monitor, proudly walks him in and addresses the =
casting=20
director and says," this little guy had been here since 530 this morning =
to get=20
the chance to sing for you.  If you don't mind I'll give him the =
note to=20
start his song on."  while he gets the music ready dy begins =
talking to the=20
casting lady... he says i want to show you my english accent... the lady =
says no=20
hon thats not important.. where are you from... so she begins talking to =
him=20
about where he lived and how does he like nyc... then she calls for the=20
note.  the monitor leaves the room.... and as he closes the =
door  the=20
little guy begins his gary indiana song.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff80ff">about 30 people =
are=20
hovering around the door and along with them the  equity monitor is =

too.  I'm at the otherdoor further up the hallway..... not a sound =
out=20
there... they stood breathless waiting for him to begin.  everyones =
head=20
begins to bounce following along on the song.... Dy's new voice lessons =
have=20
increased his sound.  Soon he reaches the end and goes for the big=20
belt.  Silence... then you hear the director talk to him about how =
clear=20
and in tune his singing was without the piano and how she knew grown =
adults who=20
couldn't have sung in tune.  She said she enjoyed it and would =
hopefully be=20
seeing him soon.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff80ff">As Dy came out =
the door...=20
we was swamped with applause and cheers from all who had listened... =
behind him=20
the monitor walks into the room with the casting director.  Igive =
him the=20
biggest hug and he says I had fun doing that. People gave him high 5's, =
hugs,=20
and I wasn't the only crying... out the doorway came the little old =
irish equity=20
monitor in tears... he walks over to me and gives me the biggest bear =
hug... He=20
said ,"They're interested in him!"</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><FONT style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff80ff"><STRONG>Everyone =
screamed!  He=20
said, she was very impressed with him and is passing his resume on to =
her boss.=20
He said they usually only do that when they're interested.  He said =
you=20
should be so proud of yourself for staying until the very end... even =
when it=20
didn't look as though he was gonna get seen.  So we left there on =
cloud=20
nine... and it wasn't so much that he told us she was interest ed in =
him... it=20
was the closeness we felt for all those people who stood by him and =
supported=20
him... they were done, they could have gone home... but they rode the =
wave with=20
us til the very  end. I thanked that young man for getting the =
ball=20
rolling with the group... because if it hadn't have been for him Dy =
would=20
never have been seen. The young woman who we had spent the day =
talking to=20
and playing with ( who reminded me alot of Cassie) said... I was really=20
surprised... I mean I knew he had to be able to =
sing </STRONG>,<STRONG> but=20
I was suprised at how well. She said we only heard him do those little =
fun songs=20
and only in half volume.. but gosh that kid can sing.  To =
celebrate... we=20
walked to the neighborhood pizzeria with Leeanne and had ourselves a =
delicious=20
pizza.</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff80ff">Dylan was =
exhausted... as=20
we rode home on the subway he snuggled close as he could get ... next =
thing i=20
knew, he was asleep.</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff80ff">What a day... =
what a=20
"lifetime channel" experience!</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG><FONT style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ff80ff">Ashley &=20
Dylan</FONT></STRONG></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C62F2D.8CEBB850--