[NEohioPAL]CIM OPERA THEATER - Amadeus Revisited - March 1-4

Elizabeth Osborne eaosborne at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 06:32:46 PST 2006

--0-1121391552-1141223566=:99663

The rumor that Salieri had poisoned rival composer Mozart was a concept immortalized in the popular movie Amadeus. In an ironic twist, these feuding composers were once placed in direct competition with each other when each was asked to write a one-act comedy on the same theme to be performed at a dinner party. Revisit this famous entertaining evening of competing egos as the Cleveland Institute of Music (CIM) Opera Theater presents Mozart's The Impresario and Salieri's Prima La Musica (First the Music, Then the Words), both about what else? Dueling divas, of course! The CIM Opera Theater is directed by David Bamberger. Harry Davidson will conduct the CIM Orchestra.

  Performances will take place on Wednesday, March 1 at 8:00 p.m.; Thursday, March 2 at 10:00 a.m. (school show); Friday, March 3 at 8:00 p.m.; and Saturday, March 4 at 8:00 p.m. Tickets for the evening presentations are $15 for adults or $10 for students and seniors; school show tickets are $5 each. Tickets can be obtained by calling 216-791-5000, ext. 411 or purchased online by visiting cim.edu.

David Bamberger received a bachelor's degree from Swarthmore College. From 1976 to 2004, he was the general director of Cleveland Opera, a company of which he was co-founder and which became one of the major regional opera companies in the U.S. under his leadership. He secured The Three Tenors to open the Cleveland Opera's 25th anniversary season and has staged more than 150 productions on three continents, directing such stars as Beverly Sills, Sherrill Milnes, Jerome Hines and Roberta Peters. His stagings include The Barber of Seville at Lincoln Center for the New York City Opera, The Ballad of Baby Doe at the Los Angeles Music Center, and Rigoletto and Lucia di Lammermoor for the National Opera in Santiago, Chile. He has served on the Board of Directors of OPERA America, Music Panel of the Ohio Arts Council and the Board of Directors of the National Alliance for Musical Theatre. In 1990, OPERA America selected him to represent the opera industry before Congress, testifying in that
 year's successful effort to garner support for the National Endowment for the Arts. Mr. Bamberger has received the Ohio Governor's Award for Arts Administration and honorary doctorates from CIM, Cleveland State, and Swarthmore College.

Harry Davidson is in his seventh season as Music Director and Conductor of the Duke Symphony Orchestra and Professor of the Practice of Music at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. In 2006 he will perform a concert with the symphony orchestra and choral union of the Oberlin Conservatory, and serve as guest conductor with the Charlotte Symphony. Mr. Davidson made his major orchestra conducting debut in July 2000, leading the National Symphony Orchestra in concert at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C. He has guest-conducted orchestras in Finland and the U.S., including serving as a cover conductor for The Cleveland Orchestra. He has appeared as a guest conductor with the Akron Symphony, Lawton Philharmonic, and Newton Mid-Kansas Symphony Orchestras. In his capacity as Principal Guest Conductor for Opera for the University of Akron, he premiered three new American operas by David Bernstein and led productions of two Puccini operas. During the 1998-1999 season, he served as
 Associate Conductor of the Wichita Symphony Orchestra and Professor of Music and Director of Orchestras at Wichita State University, where he conducted all orchestral concerts and operatic performances and taught orchestral conducting. Formerly, Mr. Davidson has served as Music Director and Conductor of Opera Kansas, the Bremerton (WA) Symphony, the Kitsap Peninsula (WA) Opera Association, and the Lakeland (OH) Civic Orchestra; also, he served as a guest conductor for the Ashland (OH) Symphony and Suburban (OH) Symphony Orchestras. Renowned for his work as an educator in connection with youth orchestras and university Orchestral Studies, Mr. Davidson served as Conductor of the Cleveland Orchestra Youth Orchestra, leading the ensemble in its participation at the National Festival of Youth Orchestras at Interlochen, Michigan, in June 1998. In 1981, Mr. Davidson became Music Director and Conductor of the Tacoma Youth Symphony Association in Washington, where he embarked on building an
 internationally recognized, innovative educational program, expanding the Association from two to five orchestras serving more than 500 students, leading a European Tour to six countries, and developing a unique summer music experience known as the Evergreen Music Festival. Mr. Davidson and his ensembles have received considerable local, state, and national recognition, including awards from the American Federation of Teachers, the Governor of the State of Washington, Reader's Digest, and the 21st Century Committee for excellence in performance, dedication, and educational value.

Wednesday, March 1 at 8:00 p.m.
Thursday, March 2 at 10:00 a.m. (School Show)
Friday, March 3 at 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 4 at 8:00 p.m.
CIM OPERA THEATER - MOZART VERSUS SALIERI
AMADEUS REVISITED
DAVID BAMBERGER, director
THE CIM ORCHESTRA
HARRY DAVIDSON, guest conductor
TERRY MARTIN, set designer
Tickets: $15 adults; $10 students and seniors; $5 schools (Thursday show)
For tickets, call (216) 791-5000, ext. 411, Mon. - Fri., 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

--0-1121391552-1141223566=:99663

 presentations are $15 for adults or $10 for students and seniors; school show tickets are $5 each. <I><B>Tickets can be obtained by calling 216-791-5000, ext. 411 or purchased online by visiting cim.edu.</I></B><BR><BR><B>David Bamberger</B> received a bachelor's degree from Swarthmore College. From 1976 to 2004, he was the general director of Cleveland Opera, a company of which he was co-founder and which became one of the major regional opera companies in the U.S. under his leadership. He secured The Three Tenors to open the Cleveland Opera's 25th anniversary season and has staged more than 150 productions on three continents, directing such stars as Beverly Sills, Sherrill Milnes, Jerome Hines and Roberta Peters. His stagings include <I>The Barber of Seville</I> at Lincoln Center for the New York City Opera, <I>The Ballad of Baby Doe</I> at the Los Angeles Music Center, and <I>Rigoletto</I> and <I>Lucia di Lammermoor</I> for the National Opera in Santiago, Chile. He has served on
 the Board of Directors of OPERA America, Music Panel of the Ohio Arts Council and the Board of Directors of the National Alliance for Musical Theatre. In 1990, OPERA America selected him to represent the opera industry before Congress, testifying in that year's successful effort to garner support for the National Endowment for the Arts. Mr. Bamberger has received the Ohio Governor's Award for Arts Administration and honorary doctorates from CIM, Cleveland State, and Swarthmore College. <BR><BR><B>Harry Davidson</B> is in his seventh season as Music Director and Conductor of the Duke Symphony Orchestra and Professor of the Practice of Music at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. In 2006 he will perform a concert with the symphony orchestra and choral union of the Oberlin Conservatory, and serve as guest conductor with the Charlotte Symphony. Mr. Davidson made his major orchestra conducting debut in July 2000, leading the National Symphony Orchestra in concert at the Kennedy
[...]
 Symphony and Suburban (OH) Symphony Orchestras. Renowned for his work as an educator in connection with youth orchestras and university Orchestral Studies, Mr. Davidson served as Conductor of the Cleveland Orchestra Youth Orchestra, leading the ensemble in its participation at the National Festival of Youth Orchestras at Interlochen, Michigan, in June 1998. In 1981, Mr. Davidson became Music Director and Conductor of the Tacoma Youth Symphony Association in Washington, where he embarked on building an internationally recognized, innovative educational program, expanding the Association from two to five orchestras serving more than 500 students, leading a European Tour to six countries, and developing a unique summer music experience known as the Evergreen Music Festival. Mr. Davidson and his ensembles have received considerable local, state, and national recognition, including awards from the American Federation of Teachers, the Governor of the State of Washington, <I>Reader's
 Digest</I>, and the 21st Century Committee for excellence in performance, dedication, and educational value.<BR><BR><B>Wednesday, March 1 at 8:00 p.m.<BR>Thursday, March 2 at 10:00 a.m. (School Show)<BR>Friday, March 3 at 8:00 p.m.<BR>Saturday, March 4 at 8:00 p.m.</B><BR>CIM OPERA THEATER - MOZART VERSUS SALIERI<BR><I>AMADEUS</I> REVISITED<BR>DAVID BAMBERGER, director<BR>THE CIM ORCHESTRA<BR>HARRY DAVIDSON, guest conductor<BR>TERRY MARTIN, set designer<BR>Tickets: $15 adults; $10 students and seniors; $5 schools (Thursday show)<BR>For tickets, call (216) 791-5000, ext. 411, Mon. - Fri., 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. </div><p>
		<hr size=1>Relax. Yahoo! Mail
--0-1121391552-1141223566=:99663--