[NEOPAL]"Spirits of Woodland Realms" art exhibit 4/1/06

Standing Rock Cultural Arts info at standingrock.net
Mon Mar 13 09:01:33 PST 2006

--MS_Mac_OE_3225096094_355935_MIME_Part

Greetings,=20

WHO:  Standing Rock Cultural Arts presents

WHAT: "Spirits of Woodland Realms" Art Exhibit
-4th Annual Earth Day Group Art Exhibit.  Featuring Vince Packard, Stephani=
Garisto, Lori Fields, Sheridan Leigh
-Oil, Watercolor, and Acrylic Paintings.  Masks.  Collage.

WHEN:  Opening Reception April 1st, 8pm.
-Show runs through April 22nd.

WHERE:  North Water Street Gallery, 257 N. Water St.  Kent OH

Contact Jeff @ 330-673-4970 or info at standingrock.net

www.standingrock.net for updates.

Standing Rock Cultural Arts is honored to feature the work of Sheridan Leig=
from Alaska and Lori Fields from New Jersey in this exhibit.

Sheridan does beautiful archtypical paintings that remind one of portraits
from the Renaissance.  =A0She says in her artist statement,
=A0
=B2As I see and hear poetry in all things, I conceive my art is my soul's
Elysium, that which resonates the music of my being....I am just one of the
infinite instruments playing God's composition.=B2

More information on her art can be found at http://sheridanleigh.com/

Lori Fields work can be described as paintings and collages that are
anthropomorphic and visually hypnotizing.  She says in her artist statement=
,

=B3My collage and drawing based works begin as streams of consciousness. The
beings depicted evoke subliminal, mysterious worlds. It is another planet o=
my own creation; a demi-monde peopled with anthropomorphic 'angels with
attitude', mutants, exhibitionists, seducers, chimeras and other intimate
strangers. The animal and Asian imagery in particular seem to be obsessions
that have chosen me rather than the other way around.=B2

More information on her art can be viewed at http://myspace.com/moosedusty

This exhibit takes the perspective that the Earth is a Living Being, Gaia.
All living things are connected.  Taking it further, the artists have been
given permission to depict our world in whatever way they see fit, be it
fantastical and dreamy, or stark and sickly.

As Dayton environmental activist Dorothy Stang said before she was killed
last year in Brazil,

=B3When the forest dies, we all die=B2.

Thank you for supporting the arts,

Standing Rock Cultural Arts
257 N. Water St.
Kent, OH 44240
330-673-4970
www.standingrock.net
info at standingrock.net

--MS_Mac_OE_3225096094_355935_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>"Spirits of Woodland Realms" art exhibit 4/1/06</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<B>Greetings,</B> <BR>
<BR>
<H3>WHO:  Standing Rock Cultural Arts presents<BR>
<BR>
</H3><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><B>WHAT: "Spirits of Woodland Realms"</B></FO=
NT><B><FONT SIZE=3D"5"> </FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4">Art Exhibit<BR>
</FONT>-4th Annual Earth Day<FONT SIZE=3D"4"> </FONT>Group Art Exhibit. &nbsp=
;Featuring Vince Packard, Stephanie Garisto, Lori Fields, Sheridan Leigh<BR>
-Oil, Watercolor, and Acrylic Paintings.  Masks.  Collage.<BR>
</B><H3><BR>
WHEN:  Opening Reception April 1st, 8pm. <BR>
</H3><B>-Show runs through April 22nd.<BR>
</B><H3><BR>
</H3><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><B>WHERE:  North Water Street Gallery,</B></FONT><=
B> 257 N. Water St.  Kent<FONT SIZE=3D"4"> </FONT>OH<FONT SIZE=3D"4"> &nbsp=
;<BR>
</FONT></B><H3><BR>
Contact Jeff @ 330-673-4970 or info at standingrock.net<BR>
<BR>
</H3><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><B>www.standingrock.net for updates.<BR>
</B></FONT><H3><BR>
</H3><B>Standing Rock Cultural Arts is honored to feature the work of Sheri=
dan Leigh from Alaska and Lori Fields from New Jersey in this exhibit.<BR>
<BR>
Sheridan does beautiful archtypical paintings that remind one of portraits =
from the Renaissance.  <FONT COLOR=3D"#CC9900"><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><FONT FACE=3D=
"Times">=A0</FONT></FONT></FONT>She says in her artist statement,<BR>
</B><FONT COLOR=3D"#CC9900"><FONT FACE=3D"Times"><H3>=A0<BR>
</H3></FONT></FONT><B>=B2As I see and hear poetry in all things, I conceive m=
y art is my soul's Elysium, that which resonates the music of my being....I =
am just one of the infinite instruments playing God's composition.=B2<BR>
<BR>
More information on her art can be found at http://sheridanleigh.com/<BR>
<BR>
Lori Fields work can be described as paintings and collages that are anthro=
pomorphic and visually hypnotizing.  She says in her artist statement,<=

<BR>
=B3My collage and drawing based works begin as streams of consciousness. The =
beings depicted evoke subliminal, mysterious worlds. It is another planet of=
 my own creation; a demi-monde peopled with anthropomorphic 'angels with att=
itude', mutants, exhibitionists, seducers, chimeras and other intimate stran=
gers. The animal and Asian imagery in particular seem to be obsessions that =
have chosen me rather than the other way around.=B2<BR>
<BR>
More information on her art can be viewed at http://myspace.com/moosedusty<=

<BR>
<I>This exhibit takes the perspective that the Earth is a Living Being, Gai=
a.   All living things are connected.  Taking it further, the=
 artists have been given permission to depict our world in whatever way they=
 see fit, be it fantastical and dreamy, or stark and sickly. <BR>
<BR>
As Dayton environmental activist Dorothy Stang said before she was killed l=
ast year in Brazil,<BR>
<BR>
=B3When the forest dies, we all die=B2.<BR>
</I><U><BR>
</U>Thank you for supporting the arts,<BR>
</B><FONT FACE=3D"Gadget"><BR>
Standing Rock Cultural Arts<BR>
257 N. Water St.<BR>
Kent, OH 44240<BR>
330-673-4970<BR>
www.standingrock.net<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>info at standingrock.net<BR>
</U></FONT></FONT><H3><I><BR>
</I><BR>
</H3>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3225096094_355935_MIME_Part--