[NEOPAL]ACTORS Needed for Student Film - Parma

Dragon Magic / Bair, Christopher cbair at dragonmagic.net
Mon Mar 13 14:33:05 PST 2006

We need two actors and two actresses for a student film production
_Tours of Duty_, that will be shooting most scenes at Cuyahoga Community
College Western Campus Monday evenings starting on March 20, 2006. The
short film requires the following characters:

JENNIFER
Main female lead. She is in her late teens to early twenties. She is
slowly dying from a case of lung cancer but refuses to let it stop her
from being a typical college-age female.
Jennifer is dying from cancer, and the movie progresses from her first
signs of dying, to months later when she is near death and finally dies.
We will need someone who can appear thin and frail with little makeup,
but also healthy and the same.

SARAH
Jennifer’s roommate in the college dorm, and later in a shared house.
She cares greatly for Jennifer as the latter’s life is slowly ending.
About the same age as Jennifer. The two are roommates, so she should
have a very caring and understanding demeanor to her.

DEREK
Main male lead. He is a marine about ready to ship out. He spends his
last night out at a party where he meets Jennifer. Though he was looking
for a one-night stand before he goes on duty, Jennifer’s mystique and
her sudden collapse hold his interest during his tour. They write
letters until he finally comes home to see her.
Need a marine-like man who is compassionate. Someone who has a marine
outfit would be the ideal candidate. Must also be able to drive a car.
Early to mid twenties preferred.

MIKE
Derek’s friend. He hangs around Derek more for the girls than anything.
He took Derek out for one last romp and wanted to get him smashed before
Derek left the party to follow Jennifer.
Weasly character, not at all marine-like material. He should be about
Derek's age, perhaps just a little younger, so early twenties is preferable.

Those interested, this will be a student production so there is no pay,
only thanks and credit given. We will likely be shooting all but Derek
and Sarah's scenes Monday evenings from 6pm-9:30pm at the Western
Campus, so please be available at this time for two or three weeks
starting on March 20. Derek and Sarah's characters have exterior shots
at a residence that will require daytime shooting, so they will need to
be available for these. Mike's scenes can be shot all on the 20th.

Please send head shots, availability, past experience and the desired
character you wish to play. I will send back a PDF of the script so that
lines can be learned, and a shooting script will be provided on set
March 20. My email address is cbair (at) dragonmagic.net

Any questions or clarifications can also be directed to that email address.

Looking forward to hearing from people!