[NEOPAL]Cleveland Public Library: Models, Makeup, and Directing

Donald Boozer donald.boozer at cpl.org
Wed Mar 22 09:36:03 PST 2006

The following books for the performing arts are available in the Lite=
rature Department at Cleveland Public Library. We are located on the =
second floor of the Main Library, downtown Cleveland, at East Sixth S=
treet and Superior Avenue. Click on the link provided to access the l=
ibrary=92s catalog to reserve any of these titles. For more informati=
on, visit our location, call 216-623-2881, or email us at =93literatu=
re <at> cpl.org.=94

Keith Orton.
Model Making for the State: A Practical Guide.
The Crowood Press, 2004.
(PN2091 .S8 Q74 2004)
http://www.cpl.org/cgi-bin/lookup.pl?isbn=3D1861266901
(Link includes cover art and table of contents)
This work "explains the practical techniques that will promote accura=
te scale model making for the theatre. It is primarily designed to me=
et the needs of the student or practising stage designer..."

Jim Patterson.
Stage Directing: The First Experiences.
Allyn & Bacon, 2004.
(PN2053 .P38 2004)
http://www.cpl.org/cgi-bin/lookup.pl?isbn=3D0205389635
"Stage Directing is organized around the six basic steps in the proce=
ss that all successful directors use: selecting the playscript, analy=
zing and researching the play, conceiving the production, casting, re=
hearsing, and finally giving and receiving criticism."=20

David Sartor and John Pivovarnick.
Theatrical FX Makeup.
Heineman, 2001.
(PN2068 .S27 2001)
http://www.cpl.org/cgi-bin/lookup.pl?isbn=3D032500238X
(Link includes cover art, a summary, and table of contents)
This book (which includes a multimedia CD-ROM) "is written for anyone=
 with a general interest in trying some (literally) eye-popping makeu=
p effects on their own, especially theatre and film professionals."

Remember, books featured here can be borrowed through any CLEVNET lib=
rary with the touch of a button. Whether you're from Cleveland, Fremo=
nt, Twinsburg, or Orrville, just place a hold through the link provid=
ed and choose your library as the pickup location.

Donald Boozer, Literature Department
Cleveland Public Library
325 Superior Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44114
donald.boozer at cpl.org
216-623-2881 / 216-623-7050 (fax)
http://www.cpl.org