[NEOPAL]really, REALLY, important message from Fred about making NEOPAL more

Justin Brenis masterchu2076 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 27 08:35:49 PST 2006

Ok, I'm sorry, I didn't anitcipate putting my two cents in on this issue but
I think it's about time to say something.

We are all, or at least I hope we are all, grateful to Fred for what he has
created in providing this list. If it hadn't been for the NEOhioPAL, or
rather NEOPAL, list, I would never have found half the roles I've auditioned
for, let alone even started my "theater career" per se.

Now I agree, there is nothing more frustrating than seeing a subject line
that reads, "Auditions!" only to open it and see the first line of the email
read something like, "Now that I have your attention, I'm selling my
car/fridge/dog/etc." Or open an email that is an actual audition notice, but
is 9 pages long, and the address is impossible to locate.

So don't think I'm voicing opposition to the new standards Fred wishes to
enact, I think in the long run that they will do nothing but help clean up
the list, and give it a sense of organization. Mnemonics are never a bad way
to get things in order. However, my peeve, if you will, is all the emails
that have generated since then. It seems that everyone on the list has their
own agenda of things, and is under the impression that Fred's email was an
invitation to start sharing what you dislike most about the list.

All I have to say, to keep this as short as possible is beggars cannot be
choosers. I'm not saying we out, in essence, beggars, but keep in mind this
list is a gift, not an expectation. Things could use a little fine tuning,
but if we all starting gripe-ing (yes I know that is spelled wrong, but I'm
pretty sure its not spelled "gripping". Either way forgive me) the result
could lead to the ultimate downfall of NEOPAL as we know it.

Yes, things do need to change, and hopefully now they'll start to. But all
things considered, thanks to Fred and those who keep this list up and
generating, we have it pretty damn good.

So please, stop complaining. If things don't change, then maybe that'll
merit some more constructive action on the part of all list users, but for
now, let's see if things can change on their own.

Sorry if I've upset anyone, that's not my intention. I just wanted to share
how I felt.

Have a great day!

-Justin