[NEOPAL]Third New Musical Premiere by Local Playwrights

Jan Harcar Jharcar at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Wed Mar 29 13:29:51 PST 2006

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C6534E.0120D040

Weathervane Playhouse Salon Series presents

PALE MARY

Third New Musical Premiere by Local Playwrights

Pale Mary, an original musical by Kimberly Aldrich-Ceja of Lorain, will =
be presented Sunday, April 30 at 2:30 p.m. as another of Weathervane =
Community Playhouse's free Salon Readings.

Pale Mary is the story of a woman so chained to her past she is unable =
to function in the present. After two decades of self-imposed exile on =
the streets battling demons with alcohol and misguided self-analysis, a =
woman from her past reveals a truth that rocks her world. Ceja says the =
musical deals with issues of forgiveness, selfishness and the ultimately =
subjective nature of "normal".

Inspiration from Real Life

A singer, songwriter and actress, Ceja wrote the book, lyrics and music. =
Its roots go back many years to a song she wrote called Pale Mary. "I =
often passed a homeless woman on the way to work. Then one day, I read =
her obituary and realized she had a full life that included a husband =
and children. Suddenly, she came to life as a flesh and blood character =
with her own identity and history-not our stereotype of homeless =
people."

Ceja, who performed her music with several bands and acted in many local =
musicals, has a bachelor's degree in journalism from Bowling Green State =
University and studied playwriting with several local playwrights, =
including Faye Sholiton, Christopher Johnston and Linda Eisenstein.

Salon Series Supports Play Development

Salon Series readings at Weathervane Playhouse provide exposure to new =
plays in an environment where local playwrights can hone their work. In =
recent months, Weathervane Playhouse also presented two other musical =
works-in-progress. Audience members are encouraged to offer feedback in =
discussions following readings. Refreshments are also served.

The free Sunday afternoon reading of Pale Mary takes place at =
Weathervane Community Playhouse at 1301 Weathervane Lane in Akron's =
Merriman Valley.

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C6534E.0120D040

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><B><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D4>
<P align=3Dcenter>Weathervane Playhouse Salon Series presents</P><I>
<P align=3Dcenter>PALE MARY</P></I>
<P align=3Dcenter>Third New Musical Premiere by Local=20
Playwrights</P></B></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter></P>
<P><B><I>Pale Mary</B></I>, an original musical by <B>Kimberly =
Aldrich-Ceja</B>=20
of Lorain, will be presented <B>Sunday, April 30 at 2:30 p.m.</B> as =
another of=20
Weathervane Community Playhouse=92s free Salon Readings.</P><B><I>
<P>Pale Mary</B></I> is the story of a woman so chained to her past she =
is=20
unable to function in the present. After two decades of self-imposed =
exile on=20
the streets battling demons with alcohol and misguided self-analysis, a =
woman=20
from her past reveals a truth that rocks her world. Ceja says the =
musical deals=20
with issues of forgiveness, selfishness and the ultimately subjective =
nature of=20
"normal".</P><B>
<P>Inspiration from Real Life</P></B>
<P>A singer, songwriter and actress, Ceja wrote the book, lyrics and =
music. Its=20
roots go back many years to a song she wrote called <I>Pale Mary</I>. "I =
often=20
passed a homeless woman on the way to work. Then one day, I read her =
obituary=20
and realized she had a full life that included a husband and children. =
Suddenly,=20
she came to life as a flesh and blood character with her own identity =
and=20
history=97not our stereotype of homeless people."</P>
<P>Ceja, who performed her music with several bands and acted in many =
local=20
musicals, has a bachelor=92s degree in journalism from Bowling Green =
State=20
University and studied playwriting with several local playwrights, =
including=20
Faye Sholiton, Christopher Johnston and Linda Eisenstein.</P><B>
<P>Salon Series Supports Play Development</P></B>
<P>Salon Series readings at Weathervane Playhouse provide exposure to =
new plays=20
in an environment where local playwrights can hone their work. In recent =
months,=20
Weathervane Playhouse also presented two other musical =
works-in-progress.=20
Audience members are encouraged to offer feedback in discussions =
following=20
readings. Refreshments are also served.</P>
<P>The free Sunday afternoon reading of <I>Pale Mary</I> takes place at=20
Weathervane Community Playhouse at 1301 Weathervane Lane in Akron=92s =
Merriman=20
Valley.</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C6534E.0120D040--