[NEOPAL]fear of possible dissolving of theatre in the us

cpribble cpribble at us.edu
Fri Apr 7 08:15:07 PDT 2006

--------------Boundary-00=_HOEBJ5AUWG7I0NA7Y7WG

<P>I grew up in Youngstown, Ohio where there was one theatre, The =
Youngstown Playhouse. Every actor in town was involved there, and =
every show was sold out.</P>
<P> I've directed enough plays in Cleveland to believe =
that there is not a lack of people who still want to see good =
theatre, and there is certainly not a lack of talent in this town. =
However, I think you would be shocked if you sat down and actually counted =
the number of theatres in Cleveland. We have an unusually high number =
of theatres.  A lot of the audiences we are not getting are not =
necessarily home watching TV. Many are attending other shows, or =
performing in other shows. </P>
<P>Carol Jaffee Pribble</P>=