[NEOPAL]Fear of possible dissolving of theatre in the U.S.

Mary L. Davis marydavis119 at adelphia.net
Thu Apr 6 14:56:21 PDT 2006

In NYC the American Theatre Wing does more than give out the Tony
Awards.  They organize student matinees and other programs to teach
the young to enjoy theatre.

This list is a great resource for members of the theater community
but it seems like we need a central organization to effectively
promote all theaters in the area.  Right now it seems like it's just
an every group for itself scramble.

We have the talent, we have the theatres.  Let's create the
audience.  Student matinees, touring speakers to go to the schools,
media promotions.

Anyone interested in forming an active theater coalition?

Mary Davis