[NEOPAL]Fear of possible dissolving of theatre in the U.S.

Anastasjoy at aol.com Anastasjoy at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 15:53:04 PDT 2006

In a message dated 4/6/06 3:27:14 PM, kmilota66 at yahoo.com writes:

<<   I have also noticed the disappearing of men in shows.  The past 3 shows
that I have been in we had to go out of our way and ask men to perform, and
even get some to do it when they didn't really even want to, and some who
couldn't sing and just mimed it >>

Now, this is nothing new. I remember doing community theater productions 40
years ago where any available man who was breathing and could stand upright
would get cast. I recall chubby 15-year-old high school boys with speech
impediments and an older gentleman who recited everything in a singsong voice and
moved like he was made of wood being cast as leads in plays because no one else
was available.