[NEOPAL]"Yesterday is Tomorrow" Multi-Media Art Exhibit

Standing Rock Cultural Arts info at standingrock.net
Tue Apr 11 07:35:46 PDT 2006

--MS_Mac_OE_3227596546_192617_MIME_Part

Greetings,

WHO:  Standing Rock Cultural Arts

WHAT:  =B3Yesterday is Tomorrow=B2  Multi-Media Art Exhibition
-featuring Genral Jackett Martyn Flunoy and

WHEN:  Saturday, April 29, 8pm, Opening Reception
-show runs through May 27
=20
WHERE:  North Water Street Gallery, 257 N. Water St., Kent

CONTACT:  330-673-4970

GALLERY HOURS:  Thursday-Saturday, 1-5pm or by appointment

    As we move ahead in the new century, we find our current events
mirroring events that took place thirty-six years ago.  The poster used to
announce this exhibit is a revival of the KENT poster which was created in
May 1970, a few weeks after the May 4th shootings.  At the time, the countr=
was waging a war in a foreign land while a cultural war raged at home.

    Today, we find ourselves in a similar situation, at war abroad and
culturally divided at home.  The lessons of the past unlearned.  What is ol=
is new and what is new is old.  The mistakes of the past repeated in
unending cycles.  The KENT poster from 1970 has been computerized for 2006.
This piece and other pieces in the exhibit are computer assisted images.

    Genral Jackett says his art is of the popopdadelic movement which came
out of Kent in the late sixties and early seventies.   Yesterday is tomorro=
and this exhibit looks back to see the future.

-Genral Jackett, April 2006

    Yesterday is Tomorrow is a multi media reflection by two local artists
whose work speaks to the volatile times in which we live.
    Genral Jackett lives in Akron and has been making art for over 40 years=
.
His paintings, graphic designs and posters are national in scope.  The
Eagles,The Beach Boys, and DEVO are a few of his more well known clientele.
For this show, he uses computer imagery to create a sensory explosion
through color, form, and balance.
    Martyn Flunoy is a collage artist and graphic designer whose visual
experiments come alive with humor and a skillful portrayal of strange
characters in surreal landscapes.  Martyn is a resident of Akron, Ohio, has
played in numerous bands, is an accomplished percussionist and performer,
and currently works for Kent State University as a groundskeeper.
   =20
www.standingrock.net for updates

Thank you for supporting the Arts,
Standing Rock Cultural Arts
257 N. Water St.
Kent, OH 44240
330-673-4970
info at standingrock.net

--MS_Mac_OE_3227596546_192617_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>"Yesterday is Tomorrow"  Multi-Media Art Exhibit</TIT=

</HEAD>
<BODY>
<B>Greetings,<BR>
<BR>
</B><FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica"><H2>WHO:  Standing Rock Cultural Arts<BR>
<BR>
WHAT:  =B3Yesterday is Tomorrow=B2  Multi-Media Art Exhibition<BR>
</H2><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><B>-</B></FONT><B><FONT SIZE=3D"4">featuring Genral Jacke=
tt Martyn Flunoy and <BR>
</FONT></B><H2><BR>
WHEN:  Saturday, April 29, 8pm, Opening Reception<BR>
</H2><H3>-show runs through May 27<BR>
</H3><H2> <BR>
WHERE:  North Water Street Gallery, 257 N. Water St., Kent<BR>
<BR>
CONTACT:  330-673-4970<BR>
<BR>
</H2><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><B>GALLERY HOURS:  Thursday-Saturday, 1-5pm </B></=
FONT><B>or by appointment<BR>
<BR>
     As we move ahead in the new century, we find our c=
urrent events mirroring events that took place thirty-six years ago.  T=
he poster used to announce this exhibit is a revival of the KENT poster whic=
h was created in May 1970, a few weeks after the May 4th shootings.  At=
 the time, the country was waging a war in a foreign land while a cultural w=
ar raged at home.<BR>
<BR>
     Today, we find ourselves in a similar situation, a=
t war abroad and culturally divided at home.  The lessons of the past u=
nlearned.  What is old is new and what is new is old.  The mistake=
s of the past repeated in unending cycles.  The KENT poster from 1970 h=
as been computerized for 2006.  This piece and other pieces in the exhi=
bit are computer assisted images. <BR>
 <BR>
     Genral Jackett says his art is of the popopdadelic=
 movement which came out of Kent in the late sixties and early seventies. &n=
bsp; Yesterday is tomorrow and this exhibit looks back to see the futur=
e.<BR>
<BR>
-Genral Jackett, April 2006<BR>
<BR>
     Yesterday is Tomorrow is a multi media reflection =
by two local artists whose work speaks to the volatile times in which we liv=
e.<BR>
     Genral Jackett lives in Akron and has been making =
art for over 40 years.  His paintings, graphic designs and posters are =
national in scope.  The Eagles,The Beach Boys, and DEVO are a few of hi=
s more well known clientele.  For this show, he uses computer imagery t=
o create a sensory explosion through color, form, and balance. <BR>
     Martyn Flunoy is a collage artist and graphic desi=
gner whose visual experiments come alive with humor and a skillful portrayal=
 of strange characters in surreal landscapes.  Martyn is a resident of =
Akron, Ohio, has played in numerous bands, is an accomplished percussionist =
and performer, and currently works for Kent State University as a groundskee=
per.<BR>
     <BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"4">www.standingrock.net for updates<BR>
</FONT></B><H3><BR>
Thank you for supporting the Arts,<BR>
Standing Rock Cultural Arts<BR>
257 N. Water St.<BR>
Kent, OH 44240<BR>
330-673-4970<BR>
</H3><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><B><U>info at standingrock.net<BR>
</U></B></FONT></FONT></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3227596546_192617_MIME_Part--