[NEOPAL]Something Dada Passes Over the Holidays

Something Dada somethingdada at aztemail.com
Tue Apr 11 10:02:39 PDT 2006

Something Dada is aware that this week's Thursday show at the Bassa Vita Lounge coincides with the second Seder of Passover.  If you can't make it for this reason, we lift a glass of Manischewitz to you, make the universal drinking-Manischewitz face, and look forward to seeing you next week and weeks beyond.  We also know that Easter comes this Sunday, so if you're heading out of town for the Holiday, enjoy the ham and eggs.  For those of us who will be around on Thursday, there's tons of things we can be celebrating as well.  Such as:
 - International Special Librarian's Day (whether this is a special day for librarians or a day for special librarians is unclear)
 - National Chad Day (well, National Day in Chad, but if you know a Chad, give him a hug)
 - Pi Mai, the Laotian New Year (Be sure to check the date if you're writing any Laotian checks)

So come down to Bassa Vita (below Bottoms Up Lakewood) Thursday at 9 and celebrate Thomas Jefferson's birthday with Something Dada.  In honor of TJ there will be beer specials (he drank beer) and hilarious improv (he was very funny, as that whole Declaration of Independence thing shows).  The show is free, but donations are gladly accepted.

Thomas himself once said "Never spend your money before you have it."  In trying to keep with that, Something Dada is still trying to raise money for our permanent theater space with our "All About the Hamiltons" fundraiser.  This Thursday, of course, it will temporarily be "All About the Jeffersons," though that means we need to rise 5,000 $2 donations.  So collect all those $2 bills that grandma has given you for your birthdays, and give them to a higher cause: Something Dada.  Visit http://www.somethingdada.com for details on donating, or simply mail a check to the address below.

If you're looking for a gift for somebody for Jefferson's birthday (or Laotian New Year's), how about a Dada shirt?  Spiffy as always, they'll be appreciated and loved by whichever recipient is deemed worthy.  Available only at http://www.cafepress.com/somethingdada.

Next show times:
Thursday, 4/13/06 (TJ's Birthday!)
9:00 PM

Thursday, 4/20/06