[NEOPAL]fear of possible dissolving of theatre in the us

Celeste Cosentino tigerlily.celeste at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 08:57:18 PDT 2006

i would have to disagree with the statement that a growing number of
theatres is the reason for the decline in theatre in cleveland.  it is
a far bigger problem.  cities like chicago, LA, New York, even obscure
cities all over the country have high attendance and just as many if
not more theatres in them.  I believe the reason for the decline is
the decline in people living in cleveland, in a city built for so many
more than actually live here now.  it is hard to seperate politics and
economics from theatre...they are intertwined.  as are politics and
economics in our everyday lives.  you can't be neutral on a moving
train.  too many people are neutral.  we must find the reasons why our
city is declining...which i could go on about FOREVER!, only then will
we find the answer.  as a theatre professional i am as much an active
person in my local government and community.  and i feel i should be
more so.  make sure that you are out there waking people up.  people.
politicians alike.
there's my piece....
celeste cosentino

--
"If you want to be given everything, give everything up."