[NEOPAL]Last Chance to Register for the Weekend Master Class in Playwriting at The Cleveland Play House

Domenick Danza ddanza at clevelandplayhouse.com
Mon Apr 17 06:31:42 PDT 2006

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01C66201.BCC6EAC0

	Weekend Master Class in Playwriting=20
	Saturday & Sunday, April 29 & 30, 10:00 AM =96 5:00 PM
	Plus one ticket to the performance of Custody of the Eyes=20
	on Saturday, April 29, 8:00 PM

	This weekend workshop will provide writers with time, space, and
resources to create new work and explore new methods.  On the first day
playwrights will move through a series of writing exercises and discuss
issues of author's voice.  On the second day playwrights will hear =
segments
of their work read by professional actors, followed by supportive group
discussion.  The group will see the world premier of Custody of the Eyes =
at
the Play House on Saturday night.  This Master Class is a unique =
opportunity
for Playwrights of various levels to come together for a weekend and =
share
their diverse experiences and skills.

	Fee:  $210 (includes ticket price)=20
	Additional tickets for Custody of the Eyes are available for $49.50
each.

Space is limited, so call and register now!
216-795-7000 x270

Instructors:  Seth Gordon & Eric Coble

	Seth Gordon is Associate Artistic Director of the Cleveland Play
House where he runs the Playwrights=92 Unit.  His Play House directing =
credits
include Dinner with Friends, Proof, Forest City (world premiere), =
Vincent in
Brixton, Tuesdays with Morrie and most recently A Christmas Story.  He =
has
also directed in Cleveland for Dobama Theatre, the Cleveland Shakespeare
Festival, and the Beck Center for the Arts.  Previously, he served as
Literary Manager and then as Associate Producer of Primary Stages in New
York, where he produced and/or directed countless productions, workshops =
and
readings of new plays by this country=92s leading playwrights.  He has =
also
directed at many other New York theatres, and has directed and lectured =
at
various universities including Case Western Reserve University.  He =
received
the 2004 Northern Ohio Live Award for Excellence in Theatre.=20

	Eric Coble's plays have been produced Off-Broadway and on four
continents, including productions at The Kennedy Center, Actors Studio,
Playwrights Horizons, Manhattan Class Company, Actors Theatre of =
Louisville,
Alliance Theatre, Cleveland Play House, Dobama Theatre, Alabama =
Shakespeare
Festival, Stages Repertory, Contemporary American Theatre Festival, and =
the
Laguna Playhouse.  Awards include the AT&T Onstage Award, National =
Theatre
Conference Playwriting Award, and an NEA/TCG Playwright in Residence =
Grant.
Eric is a member of the Cleveland Play House Playwrights Unit, where he
writes for several nationally broadcast radio programs and has four
screenplays in the labyrinth of Hollywood.

	   =20

------=_NextPart_000_003A_01C66201.BCC6EAC0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.5.7036.0">
<TITLE>Last Chance to Register for the Weekend Master Class in =
Playwriting at The Cleveland Play House</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
<UL>
<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><B><FONT SIZE=3D5 FACE=3D"Arial">Weekend Master Class =
in Playwriting </FONT></B></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Arial">Saturday =
& Sunday, April 29 & 30, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM</FONT></B></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Arial">Plus one =
ticket to the performance of<I> Custody of the Eyes</I> </FONT></B></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Arial">on Saturday, =
April 29, 8:00 PM</FONT></B></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">This weekend workshop will =
provide writers with time, space, and resources to create new work and =
explore new methods.  On the first day playwrights will move =
through a series of writing exercises and discuss issues of author's =
voice.  On the second day playwrights will hear segments of their =
work read by professional actors, followed by supportive group =
discussion.  The group will see the world premier of</FONT><I> =
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Custody of the Eyes</FONT></I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"> =
at the Play House on Saturday night.  This Master Class is a unique =
opportunity for Playwrights of various levels to come together for a =
weekend and share their diverse experiences and skills.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Arial">Fee:  $210 (includes =
ticket price) </FONT></B>

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Additional tickets =
for</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Custody of =
the Eyes</FONT></I><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> are =
available for $49.50 each.</FONT>
</P>
</UL>
<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><B><FONT SIZE=3D5 FACE=3D"Arial">Space is limited, so =
call and register now!</FONT></B></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><B><FONT SIZE=3D5 FACE=3D"Arial">216-795-7000 =
x270</FONT></B></P>

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Instructors:  Seth Gordon & Eric =
Coble</FONT></B>
</P>
<UL>
<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Seth Gordon</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> is Associate Artistic Director of the Cleveland Play =
House where he runs the Playwrights’ Unit.  His Play House =
directing credits include</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Dinner =
with Friends, Proof, Forest City</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">(world premiere),</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Vincent in Brixton, Tuesdays with Morrie</FONT></I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">and most recently</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">A Christmas Story.</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">  He has also directed in Cleveland for Dobama =
Theatre, the Cleveland Shakespeare Festival, and the Beck Center for the =
Arts.  Previously, he served as Literary Manager and then as =
Associate Producer of Primary Stages in New York, where he produced =
and/or directed countless productions, workshops and readings of new =
plays by this country’s leading playwrights.  He has also =
directed at many other New York theatres, and has directed and lectured =
at various universities including Case Western Reserve University.  =
He received the 2004 Northern Ohio Live Award for Excellence in Theatre. =
</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Eric Coble</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">'s plays have been produced Off-Broadway and on four =
continents, including productions at The Kennedy Center, Actors Studio, =
Playwrights Horizons, Manhattan Class Company, Actors Theatre of =
Louisville, Alliance Theatre, Cleveland Play House, Dobama Theatre, =
Alabama Shakespeare Festival, Stages Repertory, Contemporary American =
Theatre Festival, and the Laguna Playhouse.  Awards include the =
AT&T Onstage Award, National Theatre Conference Playwriting Award, =
and an NEA/TCG Playwright in Residence Grant. Eric is a member of the =
Cleveland Play House Playwrights Unit, where he writes for several =
nationally broadcast radio programs and has four screenplays in the =
labyrinth of Hollywood.</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">    </FONT>
</P>