[NEohioPAL]Desperate mom needs musician role model for son

cherylcarter cherylcarter at neo.rr.com
Sun May 7 06:14:20 PDT 2006

I am the parent of a 16 year bass player who truly believes it is his right
of passage as a musician to smoke pot. All his idols do!

His band loves the Black Keys. Does anyone know the Black Keys personally?
Would they speak out against smoking? I have been told that they too are
smokers but maybe they have some stories that could help re-direct these
kids. So where does a desperate mom go besides the usual family counseling,
punishments, etc. (which we are doing) I am trying to look beyond the
obvious and find some people who can really relate to his thoughts and
ideas.

He is a honors student getting good grades (for now) but he is beginning to
go down this wrong path. I am in search of a local musician or musicians who
care enough to come talk to his band and explain why not all musicians smoke
pot. Or maybe some real stories of why they shouldn't. Just someone who
knows what it is like to be a musician and want to go down this dangerous
path.

Please call or e-mail if you can help.

Thank you,

Cheryl 330-760-0601