[NEohioPAL]Desperate mom shares a BIG THANK YOU

cherylcarter cherylcarter at neo.rr.com
Fri May 12 10:55:48 PDT 2006

I got over 50 e-mail responses in four day!  Your intimate stories from
personal experiences, letters of advice and words of encouragement was just
what I needed. I actually read 3 of the letters in front of my son's band
members and parents at a group meeting we had last week. When the meeting
was over my son pulled me to the side and said the letters were pretty cool.
I was able to show him that not all musicians spoke pot and that many who
have wished they never started.

We are not out of the woods yet - we have a plan and my son (and the band)
understands my zero tolerance stance.

I was so moved by your support and kind words. Many of you mentioned that
you would speak to the band and I am working on making that happen. I want
to also thank those who are trying to contact The Black Keys. Maybe
something will come from that as well. The more we talk with these kids the
more of an impact we can make.

I learned in the last couple of weeks that 60% of all high school students
will try pot before they graduate. Many will get hooked and move on to
harder drugs. This is a real issue that all parents have to face.

I have had parents ask to see your letters, stories, etc. If its ok with you
I would like to share them. I will delete all names & email addresses. If
you rather I not share your story just let me know. Maybe we are on to
something. Musicians caring about musicians.

I did have one lady call but the message was cut off during the phone
number. Please try again. I would like to talk with you.

Not as desperate anymore,

Cheryl
330-760-0601