[NEohioPAL]Battle of Standing Rock heats up

Standing Rock Cultural Arts info at standingrock.net
Thu May 18 07:30:46 PDT 2006

--MS_Mac_OE_3230793047_852467_MIME_Part

Greetings,
----------
From: info at battleofstandingrock.com

First - congratulations on getting to the semi-finals rounds. The BoSR staff
met on Saturday and chose the 6 wildcard bands. Lot of tough discussion  -
there were many bands that were really good during the prelim's. Well, we
wheadled the list down to 6 wildcards, so here is the Semi-Final lineups:

Tuesday, May 23rd, Club Khameleon,  626 N. Water St., Kent

Doctor Teeeth (round winner)
Ep3 (round winner)
The Speedbumps (round winner)
The Black Forrest (wildcard)
The Zou (wildcard)
Willoughby Run (wildcard)

Wednesday, May 24th, Fat Jimmy's,  252 N. Water St., Kent

Run Run Addington (round winner)
Drenalin (round winner)
Poontwang (round winner)
Soldiers of Yesterday (wildcard)
So Be It (wildcard)
Social Zero (wildcard)

All shows $5.00 admission.

Contact: 330-673-4970

Information on the bands and current standings can be found at

www.BattleOfStandingRock.com

Because of the strength of a number of bands in the final shows, we upped
the semi's to 6 bands per round. As you will notice, our final show at The
ECC was really extraordinary - there wasn't a "weak band" in the group.

Here are some other changes to note - none are really earth shattering, but
were necessary to make things work a bit better for many of the bands and
all of the venues:

1) Start time is now 8:00pm. A pre-gig meeting at 7:40 will determine play
order. Any "special needs" can be addressed at that time.

2) Set length has been increased to 22 minutes for the Semi's and 25 minutes
for the Finals. The Semi's are going to be tough, so we want to give
everyone a chance to really show their stuff.

Only the "head judge" will be the same for the finals - the other 4 judges
will not have heard any of the bands during the competition. We have
signed-up music critics from the Akron Beacon Journal and the Cleveland Free
Times as well as all-but-legendary local music types to round-out the
final's judges.

Brought to you by,

Standing Rock Cultural Arts and The Women's Resource Center @ Kent State
University.

Thank you for supporting independent music!

Standing Rock Cultural Arts
257 N. Water St.
Kent, OH 44240
330-673-4970
www.standingrock.net
info at standingrock.net

--MS_Mac_OE_3230793047_852467_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Battle of Standing Rock heats up</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Greetings,<BR>
----------<BR>
From: info at battleofstandingrock.com<BR>
<BR>
First - congratulations on getting to the semi-finals rounds. The BoSR staf=
f met on Saturday and chose the 6 wildcard bands. Lot of tough discussion &n=
bsp;- there were many bands that were really good during the prelim's. Well,=
 we wheadled the list down to 6 wildcards, so here is the Semi-Final lineups=
:<BR>
<BR>
<B>Tuesday, May 23rd, Club Khameleon,  626 N. Water St., Kent<BR>
<BR>
Doctor Teeeth (round winner)<BR>
Ep3 (round winner)<BR>
The Speedbumps (round winner)<BR>
The Black Forrest (wildcard)<BR>
The Zou (wildcard)<BR>
Willoughby Run (wildcard)<BR>
<BR>
Wednesday, May 24th, Fat Jimmy's,  252 N. Water St., Kent<BR>
<BR>
Run Run Addington (round winner)<BR>
Drenalin (round winner)<BR>
Poontwang (round winner)<BR>
Soldiers of Yesterday (wildcard)<BR>
So Be It (wildcard)<BR>
Social Zero (wildcard)<BR>
<BR>
All shows $5.00 admission.<BR>
<BR>
Contact: 330-673-4970 <BR>
<BR>
Information on the bands and current standings can be found at<BR>
<BR>
www.BattleOfStandingRock.com<BR>
</B><BR>
Because of the strength of a number of bands in the final shows, we upped t=
he semi's to 6 bands per round. As you will notice, our final show at The EC=
C was really extraordinary - there wasn't a "weak band" in the gro=
up.<BR>
<BR>
Here are some other changes to note - none are really earth shattering, but=
 were necessary to make things work a bit better for many of the bands and a=
ll of the venues:<BR>
<BR>
1) Start time is now 8:00pm. A pre-gig meeting at 7:40 will determine play<=

order. Any "special needs" can be addressed at that time.<BR>
<BR>
2) Set length has been increased to 22 minutes for the Semi's and 25 minute=
s for the Finals. The Semi's are going to be tough, so we want to give every=
one a chance to really show their stuff.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Only the "head judge" will be the same for the finals - the other=
 4 judges will not have heard any of the bands during the competition. We ha=
ve signed-up music critics from the Akron Beacon Journal and the Cleveland F=
ree Times as well as all-but-legendary local music types to round-out the fi=
nal's judges.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Brought to you by,<BR>
<BR>
Standing Rock Cultural Arts and The Women's Resource Center @ Kent State Un=
iversity.<BR>
<BR>
<B>Thank you for supporting independent music!<BR>
</B><BR>
<BR>
<B>Standing Rock Cultural Arts<BR>
257 N. Water St.<BR>
Kent, OH 44240<BR>
330-673-4970<BR>
www.standingrock.net<BR>
info at standingrock.net<BR>
</B><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3230793047_852467_MIME_Part--