[NEohioPAL]RSVP needed for NEohioPAL Picnic, August 26 - plus info on venue, performers, activities

Mark Cipra cipram at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 19 06:58:46 PDT 2006

We're very excited by the response so far for the
NEOhioPAL Picnic 2006.  In particular, Vanity Crash
and several other acts have made tentative commitments
to perform (subject, as always, to availability on
that date).

Before we put some money down on the location, though,
we need to be sure that we'll need the very large park
we're talking to.  If you haven't already RSVP'd or
volunteered, *please reply* to this message if you'd
like to attend.  It's not a commitment - we're just
trying to see what the level of interest is.

In your RSVP, please include:
  - your name
  - the number of people expected to be in your party
  - how many of them are kids
  - interested in overnight camping? (see below)

(Note:  Even if you've already RSVP'd or volunteered,
please reply if you're interested in camping.)

Here are the details
Free, donations welcome (and needed!)
Date and time:  August 26, noon to midnight.
Location:  Centerville Mills Park, near the corner of
   Chillicothe (Rt 306) and Crackel Roads in
   Bainbridge.  (Same as two years ago.)  There are
   performance spaces, game fields, dining hall,
   pavilions, etc.
Activities:
  - Performances by area artists
  - Kids' games
  - Dunk-the-critic booth - pending :)
  - Tons of food, gallons of drink * (it's pot luck -
      hopefully a Guinness Book level event.)
  - Camping **

* Alcohol permitted, BYOB.

** There is a large campground with nearby bathhouse.
The cost would be $4 per person for tenting, and $5-15
per person for use of the cabins (based on full
occupancy).  We need to give them a firm figure one
week in advance.

See Fred's website for an idea of how the 2004 Picnic
went.
  http://www.fredsternfeld.com/picnic.htm