[NEohioPAL]Announcements on Cleveland.com

Seth Gordon sgordon at clevelandplayhouse.com
Fri May 26 14:28:10 PDT 2006

------=_NextPart_000_00D6_01C680E9.C304E110

To Cleveland.com:

I wanted to let you know that I think the fact that you lifted and then
edited our casting notices from the Northeast Ohio Performing Arts List is
going to prove to be an enormous disservice to your readers.

The notice regarding My Fair Lady did not say that an appointment is
necessary, and so anyone reading the notice will not know to call for an
appointment. Anyone coming without an appointment who, due to time
constraints, we cannot see, we will refer to you. The notice also did not
give any information about the commitment actors must make for the
production. The commitment is, for the average actor in this community, an
unusual one and will probably make most people who might respond to your
notice unavailable for the production without their realizing it. Finally,
your notice told people to go to our website for more information, but our
website does not have information on My Fair Lady auditions. Perhaps you
should have taken two minutes of your time and checked our website prior to
sending your readers on a wild goose chase for information they must have in
order to auditon.

The notice regarding the open call we are holding in association with The
Great Lakes Theatre Festival not only did not mention that phone calls will
not be accepted for appointments until Tuesday- anyone calling over the
weekend who doesn't listen to the outgoing message carefully will not know
why they never got an appointment- but it listed our number incorrectly in
any case.

I chose not to list these audition announcements with Cleveland.com
specifically because in the past they have been edited to a point where they
become more of a nuisance than a help, and today is no exception. I didn't
think you would have the temerity to lift them off of someone else's service
and edit them without even informing the source.

In the future, if you truly want to be of help to your readership, please at
least run your edits by the source prior to releasing information to the
public.

I am sharing this letter with the readers of the Northeast Ohio Performing
Arts List- as long as you think it's OK to lift emails people send on the
list and print them on your website people who subscribe to the list should
know you might do that.

Sincerely,

Seth Gordon
Associate Artistic Director
Cleveland Play House
8500 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44106

216 795 7000 x207
www.clevelandplayhouse.com

------=_NextPart_000_00D6_01C680E9.C304E110

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.5.7036.0">
<TITLE>Announcements on Cleveland.com</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">To Cleveland.com:</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I wanted to let you know that I think =
the fact that you lifted and then edited our casting notices from the =
Northeast Ohio Performing Arts List is going to prove to be an enormous =
disservice to your readers.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The notice regarding My Fair Lady did =
not say that an appointment is necessary, and so anyone reading the =
notice will not know to call for an appointment. Anyone coming without =
an appointment who, due to time constraints, we cannot see, we will =
refer to you. The notice also did not give any information about the =
commitment actors must make for the production. The commitment is, for =
the average actor in this community, an unusual one and will probably =
make most people who might respond to your notice unavailable for the =
production without their realizing it. Finally, your notice told people =
to go to our website for more information, but our website does not have =
information on My Fair Lady auditions. Perhaps you should have taken two =
minutes of your time and checked our website prior to sending your =
readers on a wild goose chase for information they must have in order to =
auditon.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The notice regarding the open call we =
are holding in association with The Great Lakes Theatre Festival not =
only did not mention that phone calls will not be accepted for =
appointments until Tuesday- anyone calling over the weekend who doesn't =
listen to the outgoing message carefully will not know why they never =
got an appointment- but it listed our number incorrectly in any =
case.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I chose not to list these audition =
announcements with Cleveland.com specifically because in the past they =
have been edited to a point where they become more of a nuisance than a =
help, and today is no exception. I didn't think you would have the =
temerity to lift them off of someone else's service and edit them =
without even informing the source.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">In the future, if you truly want to be =
of help to your readership, please at least run your edits by the source =
prior to releasing information to the public. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am sharing this letter with the =
readers of the Northeast Ohio Performing Arts List- as long as you think =
it's OK to lift emails people send on the list and print them on your =
website people who subscribe to the list should know you might do =
that.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Sincerely,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Seth Gordon</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Associate Artistic Director</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Cleveland Play House</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">8500 Euclid Avenue</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Cleveland, OH 44106</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">216 795 7000 x207</FONT>

<BR><A HREF=3D"file://www.clevelandplayhouse.com"><U><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">www.clevelandplayhouse.com</FONT></U></A>
</P>