[NEohioPAL]Something Dada's Got World Cup Fever

Something Dada somethingdada at aztemail.com
Tue Jun 6 09:17:28 PDT 2006

Naturally you know that the World Cup starts on Friday in Germany.  Something Dada's just as excited as you are.  In fact, for the entire month of the World Cup, from Germany's kickoff on June 9th to the United States' victory over Angola in the Cup Final on July 9th (bet it, you'll be rich), Something Dada will be adopting soccer-specific traits to get in the spirit.  For example:
 - Any time a performer is in a show he or she will earn a "cap"
 - The stage will be referred to as the "pitch"
 - We will be allowed 3 substitutions per show
 - We will use our feet during the entire show
 - Any time somebody screws up, we will writhe on the ground in pretend agony, grabbing our ankle
 - Regardless of the result of the show, our fans will loot the city afterward
 - We will exchange shirts with audience members at the end of the show

Some of these ideas are still under review, but we're pretty sure they're going to catch on.  So kick it (get it?) down to the Bassa Vita Lounge beneath Bottoms Up on W. 117th on Thursday night to see our football-inspired hilarity.  Come down earlier, at 7, to see even more great improv before Dada takes the stage at 9.  And remember, whatever team you support, whatever nation you back, play beautiful.

Next show times:
Thursday, 6/8/06
9:00 PM

Thursday, 6/15/06