[NEohioPAL]The hills of the Merriman Valley are Alive with The Sound of Music

Jan Harcar Jharcar at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Thu Jun 8 11:10:04 PDT 2006

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C68B05.3D2EC350

WEATHERVANE PLAYHOUSE
Cast brings THE SOUND OF MUSIC

To the hills of the Merriman Valley

Weathervane Playhouse and a large cast of volunteers will make the hills =
of the Merriman Valley come alive with Rodgers and Hammerstein's THE =
SOUND OF MUSIC, June 14 - July 16, 2006.=20

OUR DIRECTING TEAM

Kevin Joseph Kelly (Director) has directed for Rocky River and Clague =
Playhouse and also at the Beck Center, Cassidy Theatre, Chagrin Valley =
Little Theatre and Lake Performing Arts. Musicals suit him well =
including Annie, West Side Story and Little Shop of Horrors. Recently, =
he performed in two shows at once for Cleveland Play House - The Wind in =
the Willows and Walkin' My Baby Back Home.

Heidi Herczeg (Musical Director) was our Musical Director for Ain't =
Misbehavin' last season. She holds a master's degree in Music Education =
from Case Western Reserve University and is a graduate of =
Baldwin-Wallace College Conservatory. Heidi is a vocal music teacher at =
Bay Middle School and a master teacher in the Metropolitan Opera's =
Creating Original Opera Program. She has also performed with the =
Cleveland Opera Chorus and the Cleveland Orchestra Chorus.

Lora Workman (Choreographer) is a director/choreographer in the =
northeastern Ohio area. Her choreography credits include Beehive, Little =
Me, The Fantasticks, Annie, Working, Grease, My Favorite Year and many =
more. She has worked for Cassidy Theatre, Clague Playhouse, Beck Center, =
Huntington Playhouse, Greenbrier, Rocky River Community Theatre and =
North Royalton Players. She is also the Resident Choreographer for the =
North Coast Men's Chorus and has worked with The Singing Angels.

OUR CAST:

Kathleen Culler Maria Akron

Kathleen holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Musical Theatre from Point =
Park University and was a graduate of Firestone High School in Akron. =
Since January, she has worked with The Illusion Factory in The Frog =
Prince and Raggedy Ann & Andy. She was also seen this year as Hermia in =
the Actors' Summit production of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Bill Berry Captain von Trapp Wadsworth

This year, Bill has been busy at Solon Center for the Arts performing in =
The Nerd and You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. For Weathervane, he =
performed in The Laramie Project and The Fantasticks (as El Gallo). In =
2006 he served as Assistant Stage Manager for Lend Me a Tenor and in =
2005 as Production Stage Manager for The Grapes of Wrath.

Jackie Komos Liesl Macedonia

Jackie will be a senior at Walsh Jesuit High School in the fall where =
she performed as Belle in its production of Beauty and the Beast. She =
also performed as a nurse for Aurora Community Theatre's production of =
South Pacific last year.

Joshua Leeson Freidrich Wadsworth

Joshua has performed in two Weathervane Youth productions - Charlie and =
the Chocolate Factory and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. He is a =
student at Wadsworth Middle School, where he loves to sing, act and =
dance.

Hilary Hapgood Louisa Warren

Hilary will be a junior at Warren G. Harding High School, where she is a =
member of the drama club and concert and marching bands. This fall she =
will be a majorette and is an honors student. She has performed in shows =
for Salem Community Theatre, Trumbull New Theatre and Kent State Summer =
Stock.

Brian Bradford Hirsch Kurt Akron

Brian will be in the fourth grade at Miller South School for the =
Performing Arts in the fall. He has performed in several school plays at =
Chapel Hill Christian School and has been on the honor roll. He enjoys =
arts, soccer, acting, reading and swimming.

Rosie Jo Neddy Brigitta Canfield

Rosie Jo was an understudy for the role of Gretl at Carousel Dinner =
Theater in 2005. She was in productions at New Castle Playhouse =
including The Wizard of Oz, Annie and Evita and at Easy Street =
Productions in Annie and Will Rogers Follies. She will be in the 7th =
grade at Canfield Village Middle School in the fall.

Shea C. Lee Marta Akron

Shea returns to Weathervane after playing the role of a small rabbit in =
our production of Winnie-the-Pooh. She will be a fifth grade student at =
Miller South School for the Performing Arts in the fall, where she was =
seen in The Kingdom that Forgot How to Read and Seussical the Musical =
among others.

Madison Hayes Gretl Canton

Madison's stage experience includes Godspell at The Players Guild in =
Canton. She recorded her first CD at age four and has performed the =
National Anthem for numerous school and community events. She will be in =
the third grade at Amos McDannel Elementary School in the fall.

Brett Parr Rolf Canton

Brett's past credits include Titanic, Godspell, The Wizard of Oz and =
Cinderella.

Shonna Y. Talley Baroness Elsa Schrader Twinsburg

Shonna is a minister of music at Destiny Church, where she sings on a =
regular basis. She has traveled extensively with the gospel group "Third =
Heaven."

Gilgamesh Taggett Max=20

Gilgamesh has worked as an educator and director for the Beck Center, =
Spring Garden Waldorf School, Tree City Players and Cleveland Public =
Theatre. He currently sings for the jazz vocalese band Everybody's =
Boppin', which premiered at Cleveland Play House.

Jean Blair Mother Abbess Akron

Jean has stayed busy teaching voice at The University of Akron, where =
she has appeared in recitals, operas, oratorios and musical theater =
performances. This fall she will be the Narrator/Singer in the =
University's production of Side by Side by Sondheim.

Christine Gingerich Sister Sophia Hartville

Christine is a 2005 graduate of Malone College, where she earned a =
Bachelor of Science degree in Music Education. She performed for a year =
with Malone College's traveling drama team, the Chancel Players and was =
seen in productions of Fiddler on the Roof (Grandma Zeitel), Titanic, =
Gilligan's Island (Mary Ann) and Our Town (Mrs. Gibbs).

Sarah Elaine Bailey Sister Margaretta Cuyahoga Falls

Sarah holds a bachelors degree in vocal performance from Ohio Northern =
University and a masters degree in vocal performance/pedagogy from =
Westminster Choir College. She was recently seen in Weathervane's =
production of Nunsense as Sister Amnesia. Sarah has directed our =
production of Joseph the past two seasons.

A. Suzanne Hirsch Nun Akron

Suzanne is a teacher in the Hudson City School District where she =
teaches home economics. She is a monthly soloist at Faith Bible =
Fellowship and is also an active choir member.

Danielle Denise Frau Schmidt/Nun Stow

Danielle lists among her favorite productions A Funny Thing Happened on =
the Way to the Forum, Damn Yankees and Annie Get Your Gun. She works for =
FirstMerit Bank.

Jennifer Klika Sister Berthe Cuyahoga Falls

Jennifer is making her community theater debut in our production. She is =
a homemaker and also directs the children's choir at Trinity United =
Church of Christ in Wadsworth.

Bonnie Z. Jewell Nun Kent

Bonnie is the office manager for Faith Lutheran Church /Lutheran Campus =
Ministries in Kent. She sang with Akron Symphony Chorus and the Kent =
chapter of Sweet Adelines and currently sings in her church choir and =
with the praise team.

Jerry Dorton Franz the Butler Stow

Jerry was last seen at Weathervane as Lt. Rooney in Arsenic and Old =
Lace. He is a 7th grade science teacher for Stow-Munroe Falls City =
Schools.

David P. Myers Herr Zeller/Admiral Akron

David played the role of Tom Joad in Weathervane's production of The =
Grapes of Wrath and Dr. Einstein in Arsenic and Old Lace. He is a =
teacher at Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy.

Steve Shannon Company/Herr Zeller understudy Mogadore

Steve holds education and communications degrees from The University of =
Akron and is an 8th grade math teacher for Stow-Munroe Falls City =
Schools.

Backstage:

Jerry A. Mirman, Jr. Stage Manager Copley

Alison Cooper Assistant Stage Manager Akron

Stephanie Kohl Assistant Stage Manager Akron

Jennifer Farris Lighting Co-Designer Medina

Becca Carter Lighting Co-Designer Akron

Danielle M. Rusen Properties Designer Copley

The Costume Committee Costume Designers

Casey Jones Sound Designer Cuyahoga Falls

Alan Scott Ferrall Scenic Designer/Technical Director Cuyahoga Falls

Kathy Kohl Assistant Technical Director Akron

THE SOUND OF MUSIC - truly a family classic! See it at Weathervane =
Playhouse June 14 - July 16, 2006. Low-cost preview performances on =
Wednesday and Thursday, June 14 & 15 at 7:30 p.m. with official opening =
on Friday, June 16 at 8:00 p.m. A complete performance schedule is =
posted online at weathervaneplayhouse.com. Charge by phone at =
Weathervane's Ticket Office at 330-836-2626. Call between 10 a.m. and =
5:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Tickets: $20 (Other Tickets: Wed. & =
Thurs previews $14, Children 17 or younger $16, College Students and =
Senior Citizens $18 on Thursdays and Sundays. Half-price student rush =
tickets may be purchased at the door with ID pending availability).

The musical is recommended for absolutely everyone.

The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with state tax dollars to =
encourage economic growth, education excellence and cultural enrichment =
for all Ohioans.

Additional Season Sponsors: WKSU, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company

www.weathervaneplayhouse.com

***30***

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C68B05.3D2EC350

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>WEATHERVANE =
PLAYHOUSE<FONT=20
face=3DHelvetica></DIV>
<P align=3Dcenter>Cast brings </FONT><I><FONT face=3DHelvetica =
size=3D4>THE SOUND OF=20
MUSIC</P></I>
<P align=3Dcenter>To the hills of the Merriman Valley</P></FONT><FONT=20
face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P>Weathervane Playhouse and a large cast of volunteers will make the =
hills of=20
the Merriman Valley come alive with Rodgers and Hammerstein=92s =
<B><I>THE SOUND OF=20
MUSIC,</I> June 14 =96 July 16, 2006</B>. </P><B>
<P>OUR DIRECTING TEAM</P></B></FONT><B><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P>Kevin Joseph Kelly</B> (Director) has directed for Rocky River and =
Clague=20
Playhouse and also at the Beck Center, Cassidy Theatre, Chagrin Valley =
Little=20
Theatre and Lake Performing Arts. Musicals suit him well including =
<I>Annie,=20
West Side Story </I>and <I>Little Shop of Horrors.</I> Recently, he =
performed in=20
two shows at once for Cleveland Play House =96 <I>The</I> <I>Wind in the =

Willows</I> and <I>Walkin=92 My Baby Back Home.</P></I><B>
<P>Heidi Herczeg</B> (Musical Director) was our Musical Director for =
<I>Ain=92t=20
Misbehavin=92</I> last season. She holds a master=92s degree in Music =
Education from=20
Case Western Reserve University and is a graduate of Baldwin-Wallace =
College=20
Conservatory. Heidi is a vocal music teacher at Bay Middle School and a =
master=20
teacher in the Metropolitan Opera=92s Creating Original Opera Program. =
She has=20
also performed with the Cleveland Opera Chorus and the Cleveland =
Orchestra=20
Chorus.</P><B>
<P>Lora Workman</B> (Choreographer) is a director/choreographer in the=20
northeastern Ohio area. Her choreography credits include <I>Beehive, =
Little Me,=20
The Fantasticks, Annie, Working, Grease, My Favorite Year</I> and many =
more. She=20
has worked for Cassidy Theatre, Clague Playhouse, Beck Center, =
Huntington=20
Playhouse, Greenbrier, Rocky River Community Theatre and North Royalton =
Players.=20
She is also the Resident Choreographer for the North Coast Men=92s =
Chorus and has=20
worked with The Singing Angels.</P><B>
<P>OUR CAST:</P></B><B>
<P>Kathleen Culler</B> Maria Akron</P>
<P>Kathleen holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Musical Theatre from =
Point Park=20
University and was a graduate of Firestone High School in Akron. Since =
January,=20
she has worked with The Illusion Factory in <I>The Frog Prince </I>and=20
<I>Raggedy Ann & Andy.</I> She was also seen this year as Hermia in =
the=20
Actors=92 Summit production of <I>A Midsummer Night=92s=20
Dream.</P></I></FONT><B><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P>Bill Berry</B> Captain von Trapp Wadsworth</P>
<P>This year, Bill has been busy at Solon Center for the Arts performing =
in=20
<I>The Nerd</I> and <I>You=92re a Good Man, Charlie Brown.</I> For =
Weathervane, he=20
performed in <I>The Laramie Project</I> and<I> The Fantasticks</I> (as =
El=20
Gallo). In 2006 he served as Assistant Stage Manager for <I>Lend Me a =
Tenor</I>=20
and in 2005 as Production Stage Manager for <I>The Grapes of =
Wrath.</P></I><B>
<P>Jackie Komos</B> Liesl Macedonia</P>
<P>Jackie will be a senior at Walsh Jesuit High School in the fall where =
she=20
performed as Belle in its production of <I>Beauty and the Beast.</I> She =
also=20
performed as a nurse for Aurora Community Theatre=92s production of =
<I>South=20
Pacific</I> last year.</P><B>
<P>Joshua Leeson</B> Freidrich Wadsworth</P>
<P>Joshua has performed in two Weathervane Youth productions =96 =
<I>Charlie and=20
the Chocolate Factory</I> and <I>Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.</I> He =
is a=20
student at Wadsworth Middle School, where he loves to sing, act and=20
dance.</P><B>
<P>Hilary Hapgood</B> Louisa Warren</P>
<P>Hilary will be a junior at Warren G. Harding High School, where she =
is a=20
member of the drama club and concert and marching bands. This fall she =
will be a=20
majorette and is an honors student. She has performed in shows for Salem =

Community Theatre, Trumbull New Theatre and Kent State Summer =
Stock.</P><B>
<P>Brian Bradford Hirsch</B> Kurt Akron</P>
<P>Brian will be in the fourth grade at Miller South School for the =
Performing=20
Arts in the fall. He has performed in several school plays at Chapel =
Hill=20
Christian School and has been on the honor roll. He enjoys arts, soccer, =
acting,=20
reading and swimming.</P><B>
<P>Rosie Jo Neddy</B> Brigitta Canfield</P>
<P>Rosie Jo was an understudy for the role of Gretl at Carousel Dinner =
Theater=20
in 2005. She was in productions at New Castle Playhouse including <I>The =
Wizard=20
of Oz, Annie</I> and <I>Evita</I> and at Easy Street Productions in =
<I>Annie</I>=20
and<I> Will Rogers Follies.</I> She will be in the 7<SUP>th</SUP> grade =
at=20
Canfield Village Middle School in the fall.</P><B>
<P>Shea C. Lee</B> Marta Akron</P>
<P>Shea returns to Weathervane after playing the role of a small rabbit =
in our=20
production of <I>Winnie-the-Pooh.</I> She will be a fifth grade student =
at=20
Miller South School for the Performing Arts in the fall, where she was =
seen in=20
<I>The Kingdom that Forgot How to Read</I> and <I>Seussical the =
Musical</I>=20
among others.</P><B>
<P>Madison Hayes</B> Gretl Canton</P>
<P>Madison=92s stage experience includes <I>Godspell</I> at The Players =
Guild in=20
Canton. She recorded her first CD at age four and has performed the =
National=20
Anthem for numerous school and community events. She will be in the =
third grade=20
at Amos McDannel Elementary School in the fall.</P><B>
<P>Brett Parr</B> Rolf Canton</P>
<P>Brett=92s past credits include <I>Titanic, Godspell, The Wizard of =
Oz</I> and=20
<I>Cinderella.</P></I><B>
<P>Shonna Y. Talley</B> Baroness Elsa Schrader Twinsburg</P>
<P>Shonna is a minister of music at Destiny Church, where she sings on a =
regular=20
basis. She has traveled extensively with the gospel group "Third =
Heaven."</P>
<P><STRONG></STRONG></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D1>
<P><I></P>
<DIV></I></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2><B>Gilgamesh Taggett</B> =
Max </DIV>
<P></P>
<P>Gilgamesh has worked as an educator and director for the Beck Center, =
Spring=20
Garden Waldorf School, Tree City Players and Cleveland Public Theatre. =
He=20
currently sings for the jazz vocalese band Everybody=92s Boppin=92, =
which premiered=20
at Cleveland Play House.</P><B>
<P>Jean Blair</B> Mother Abbess Akron</P>
<P>Jean has stayed busy teaching voice at The University of Akron, where =
she has=20
appeared in recitals, operas, oratorios and musical theater =
performances. This=20
fall she will be the Narrator/Singer in the University=92s production of =
<I>Side=20
by Side by Sondheim.</P></I><B>
<P>Christine Gingerich</B> Sister Sophia Hartville</P>
<P>Christine is a 2005 graduate of Malone College, where she earned a =
Bachelor=20
of Science degree in Music Education. She performed for a year with =
Malone=20
College=92s traveling drama team, the Chancel Players and was seen in =
productions=20
of <I>Fiddler on the Roof</I> (Grandma Zeitel), <I>Titanic</I>, =
<I>Gilligan=92s=20
Island</I> (Mary Ann) and <I>Our Town</I> (Mrs. Gibbs).</P><B>
<P>Sarah Elaine Bailey</B> Sister Margaretta Cuyahoga Falls</P>
<P>Sarah holds a bachelors degree in vocal performance from Ohio =
Northern=20
University and a masters degree in vocal performance/pedagogy from =
Westminster=20
Choir College. She was recently seen in Weathervane=92s production of=20
<I>Nunsense</I> as Sister Amnesia. Sarah has directed our production of=20
<I>Joseph</I> the past two seasons.</P><B>
<P>A. Suzanne Hirsch</B> Nun Akron</P>
<P>Suzanne is a teacher in the Hudson City School District where she =
teaches=20
home economics. She is a monthly soloist at Faith Bible Fellowship and =
is also=20
an active choir member.</P><B>
<P>Danielle Denise</B> Frau Schmidt/Nun Stow</P>
<P>Danielle lists among her favorite productions <I>A Funny Thing =
Happened on=20
the Way to the Forum, Damn Yankees</I> and<I> Annie Get Your Gun.</I> =
She works=20
for FirstMerit Bank.</P><B>
<P>Jennifer Klika</B> Sister Berthe Cuyahoga Falls</P>
<P>Jennifer is making her community theater debut in our production. She =
is a=20
homemaker and also directs the children=92s choir at Trinity United =
Church of=20
Christ in Wadsworth.</P><B>
<P>Bonnie Z. Jewell</B> Nun Kent</P>
<P>Bonnie is the office manager for Faith Lutheran Church /Lutheran =
Campus=20
Ministries in Kent. She sang with Akron Symphony Chorus and the Kent =
chapter of=20
Sweet Adelines and currently sings in her church choir and with the =
praise=20
team.</P><B>
<P>Jerry Dorton</B> Franz the Butler Stow</P>
<P>Jerry was last seen at Weathervane as Lt. Rooney in <I>Arsenic and =
Old=20
Lace.</I> He is a 7<SUP>th</SUP> grade science teacher for Stow-Munroe =
Falls=20
City Schools.</P><B>
<P>David P. Myers</B> Herr Zeller/Admiral Akron</P>
<P>David played the role of Tom Joad in Weathervane=92s production of =
<I>The=20
Grapes of Wrath</I> and Dr. Einstein in <I>Arsenic and Old Lace.</I> He =
is a=20
teacher at Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy.</P><B>
<P>Steve Shannon</B> Company/Herr Zeller understudy Mogadore</P>
<P>Steve holds education and communications degrees from The University =
of Akron=20
and is an 8<SUP>th</SUP> grade math teacher for Stow-Munroe Falls City=20
Schools.</P></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P>Backstage:</P>
<P>Jerry A. Mirman, Jr. Stage Manager Copley</P>
<P>Alison Cooper Assistant Stage Manager Akron</P>
<P>Stephanie Kohl Assistant Stage Manager Akron</P>
<P>Jennifer Farris Lighting Co-Designer Medina</P>
<P>Becca Carter Lighting Co-Designer Akron</P>
<P>Danielle M. Rusen Properties Designer Copley</P>
<P>The Costume Committee Costume Designers</P>
<P>Casey Jones Sound Designer Cuyahoga Falls</P>
<P>Alan Scott Ferrall Scenic Designer/Technical Director Cuyahoga =
Falls</P>
<P>Kathy Kohl Assistant Technical Director Akron</P><B><I>
<P>THE SOUND OF MUSIC =96 truly a family classic!</B></I> See it at =
Weathervane=20
Playhouse <B>June 14 =96 July 16, 2006</B>. Low-cost preview =
performances on=20
<B>Wednesday and Thursday, June 14 & 15 at <U>7:30 p.m.</B></U> with =

official opening on <B>Friday, June 16 at 8:00 p.m.</B> A complete =
performance=20
schedule is posted online at weathervaneplayhouse.com. Charge by phone =
at=20
Weathervane=92s Ticket Office at <B>330-836-2626</B>. <B><I>Call between =
10 a.m.=20
and 5:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. </B>Tickets: $20 </I>(Other =
Tickets: Wed.=20
& Thurs previews $14, Children 17 or younger $16, College Students =
and=20
Senior Citizens $18 on Thursdays and Sundays. Half-price student rush =
tickets=20
may be purchased at the door with ID pending =
availability<I>).</P></I><B>
<P align=3Dcenter>The musical is recommended for absolutely=20
everyone.</P></B></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D1>
<P align=3Dcenter></P>
<P align=3Dcenter>The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with =
state tax=20
dollars to encourage economic growth, education excellence and cultural=20
enrichment for all Ohioans.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Additional Season Sponsors: WKSU, Goodyear Tire & =
Rubber=20
Company</P></FONT><FONT face=3DTimes>
<P align=3Dcenter></FONT><A =
href=3D"http://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com/"><FONT=20
face=3DTimes>www.weathervaneplayhouse.com</FONT></A></P><I><FONT =
face=3DHelvetica=20
size=3D1>
<P align=3Dcenter></P></I></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter>***30***</P></FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C68B05.3D2EC350--