[NEohioPAL]Check out the latest Episode of "Call-Back", the Community Theatre Podcast!

GEOFFFREY SHORT geoffshort at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 10 06:50:01 PDT 2006

What's up Wonderful People?

Just wanted to give a quick holler to let you know the
latest episode of "Call-Back", the Community Theatre
Podcast is up and running! It's Episode #3. Check it
out!  Just search iTunes podcasts for "Call-Back with
Geoffrey Short" or go to www.geoffshort.libsyn.com to
listen directly from your desktop! And thanks so much
to everyone who has been downloading these episodes so
far!  It's growing and we've been getting great
feedback even from other parts of the country!

In this episode I introduce some new regular
features...

"The Marketing Minute" takes a few minutes to look at
different aspects of marketing ideas for community
theatre. Each episode will feature a different
business category and we'll discuss research and
promotional ideas to attract sponsors in that category
and help theatres become more financially independent.
 This episode features the grocery store category.

"My Last Nerve" gives me and my listeners the chance
to vent about stuff that drives them crazy during a
production - let's do it here and "keep the drama out
of the drama"!

We almost meet Cleveland theatre star Kevin Joseph
Kelly who gives some great advice about casting and
some insight into auditioning as well!

I'll also introduce you to two other great theatre
podcasts..."Your Neighborhood Stage" and
"Musicalworld" - You've got to download these
immediately! "Your Neighborhood Stage" is from the New
Jersey area and focuses on all things to do with high
school, religious and community theatre.  Go to
www.trinityplayers.org/podcast.  "Musicalworld" is
from composing team Jim Farley and David Brush and
focuses on new, original musicals!  Go to
www.jfarley.libsyn.com!

Plus the usual openings and audition listings and of
course the "Violet" moment!

Enjoy and Break a Leg!

   Have a Nice Day!
Geoffrey Short