[NEohioPAL]A potential job crisis - looking for feedback!

Nancy Brooks goodfoot34 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 13 10:01:52 PDT 2006

Dear Friends -

There's a good chance that I'll lose my job in the next month or so, due to
the financial state that arts organizations continue to face.

Most of the jobs I've had in the last 15 years have come my way thanks to a
theatre connection, so this time, I figured I'd appeal to friends both known
and unknown. I'm currently in administrative support, so the same would be
great, but I'm flexible (my unofficial job description has been
"administrative spackle"). I'd love to stay in the arts or at least in
nonprofit, but since that's the kind of job I may be losing, I am realistic
- but you never know if you don't ask!

I'm scrambling to update my business resume and will have it ready soon.
Meanwhile, I'm an excellent team player (hey, I'm a theatre person - go
figure) with strong verbal and written communication skills, professional
phone etiquette, interpersonal diplomacy, a good sense of humor, and I play
well with others. I'm comfortable on the computer, and I've got box office
and development background. I have also worked with kids in the arts for
many years, and am comfortable speaking to groups. If this becomes a
reality, I will come with strong references from my current employer. I
would need full-time work, during the day, and hope for at least some kind
of minimal health coverage.

So, there it is. If anyone has suggestions, leads, or bright ideas, I'd love
your feedback. Please feel free to email me at goodfoot34 at hotmail.com and
I'll give you my undying gratitude.

Thanks in advance!

Nancy Shimonek Brooks

"Rejoice, rejoice, we have no choice but to carry on...."