[NEohioPAL]America=?ISO-8859-1?B?uQ==?=s Da Vinci, The Battle of the Sexes, and Kids Writing Plays: this week at Cain Park!

Ksenia Roshchakovsky ksenia at clvhts.com
Thu Jun 22 10:16:49 PDT 2006

--MS_Mac_OE_3233827009_756049_MIME_Part

Fred, This is the third time I'm emailing this to you.  Is there a problem?
I first emailed it Tuesday, June 20 in the evening and then I emailed it to
your personal email address asking whether there was a problem.  I've heard
nothing back from you.  Are my emails getting blocked?

Thanks,

Ksenia

It=B9s =B3Another Op=B9nin=B9, Another Show=B2 this week when Cain Park begins its
68th season of diverse, eclectic and affordable entertainment in the heart
of Cleveland Heights at Lee and Superior roads.

AMERICA=B9S DA VINCI EXHIBITS AT CAIN PARK
As part of =B3The Viktor Schreckengost National Centennial Exhibition,=B2 Cain
Park is honored to celebrate the remarkable accomplishments of a Cleveland
Heights resident who is a leader in 20th century ceramics and industrial
design.  This exhibit features a prototype of Viktor Schreckengost=B9s iconic
Jazz Bowl, Jiffy Ware, marionettes and illustrations, among them set and
costume designs many of which he created for Cain Park productions in the
40s.
Sharing exhibit space will be Cleveland Institute of Art graduate Richard
Glowacki, an award-winning artist in ceramics, glass, sculpture and
woodworking and recipient of the Guy Cowan Pottery Association Scholarship
in Excellence in Ceramics.
=B3Now and Then=B2 June 22-July 16, Audrey and Harvey Feinberg Art Gallery.
Opening reception Friday, June 23, 6-8pm.  Refreshments provided by The
Stone Oven Bakery/Caf=E9.

BATTLE OF THE SEXES
Lilli/Kate and Fred/Petruchio duke it out off-stage and on in Cole Porter=B9s
musical comedy masterpiece, Kiss Me, Kate, directed by Carol Dunne with
musical direction by Larry Hartzell and choreography by Martin Cespedes.
PREVIEW tickets are only $10 on Thursday, June 22!  Opening weekend ticket
prices are $12.50 this Friday, Saturday and Sunday (June 23-25).  Showtime
is 8pm in the Evans Amphitheater.  Kiss Me, Kate runs Thursdays-Sundays and
closes on July 9.  Promotional support provided by WCLV 104.9 FM, WKSU 89.7
FM and Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The Cast of Kiss Me, Kate
Pops/Padua Priest            Paul Hoffman
Hattie                                 Alan Simone
Paul                        Jason Samuel
Ralph                        Arthur Wise
Lois Lane/Bianca Minola        Katie Greiner
Bill Calhoun/Lucentio            Cornelius Bethea
Lilli Vanessi/Katharine Minola        Emily Krieger*
Fred Graham/Petruchio            Steel Burkhardt
Harry Trevor/Baptista Minola        Bob Godfrey
Gremio                    Andy Mills
Hortensio                    Dustin Jesberger
General Harrison Howell        Arlo Hill
Gangsters                    Paul Floriano*, Andrew Schmidt
Stagehand #1/Nathaniel        David Dabney

MALE ENSEMBLE:  Salvatore Bruno, David Dabney, Danny Henning, Nathan A.
Lilly

FEMALE ENSEMBLE:  Christina Caravella, Hillary Elk, Caitlin Dubsky, Theresa
Kloos, Malika Petty, Libby Servais

MALE QUARTET:      David Dabney, Danny Henning, Paul Hoffman, Nathan A.
Lilly

FEMALE QUARTET:  Hillary Elk, Theresa Kloos, Malika Petty, Libby Servais

KIDS WRITING PLAYS
The 28th Annual Dobama Theatre Marilyn Bianchi Kids=B9 Playwriting Festival
takes up temporary residence in Cain Park=B9s Alma Theater June 22-25
(Thursday & Friday at 7:30pm, Saturday 2:30 & 7:30pm, Sunday 2:30pm).  FREE
ADMISSION except Thursday, June 22 ($25 benefit ticket: call Dobama Theatre
216-932-3396).  Winning plays that will be produced this weekend include:

The Magic Eraser by Jake Adelstein (Grade 2, Lewis Elementary School).
Directed by Bernadette Clemens.
Cast:  Betsy Hogg*, Ian Bartz, Trevor Coble, Eli Hanley, Miranda Coble,
Easlin Anderson, Camille Rekhson, Nicholas DeVito

Portrait of Grief by Katrina Walker (Grade 5, Greater Cleveland Academy for
Gifted Students).  Directed by Julia Kolibab.
Cast:  Valerie Young, Andrew Marikis, Fiona DeVito, Tess Young, Lynna
Metrisin, Barbara Quill, Glenn Colerider*, Everett Dodrill

A Squire=B9s Night by Michael J. Clemente, Jr. (Grade 4, Royal View Elementar=
School).  Directed by Jesse Alison.
Cast:  Andrew Craze, Michael Danner, Everett Dodrill, John Kolibab*, Glenn
Colerider*

Just Call Me Charlie by Lauren Hasek (Grade 8, North Royalton Middle
School).  Directed by Joel Hammer.
Cast:  Andrew Craze, Daryl Lewis

The Magical Mirror by Elena I. Joyce (Grade 3, Brookview Elementary School)=
.
Directed by Molly Cornwell.
Cast:  Val Young, Aubrey Cornwell, Lynn Metrisin, Brigitte Kolibab, Andrew
Craze

The Super Hampster by Jason Marmash (Grade 2, Glendale Elementary School).
Directed by Joyce Casey.
Cast:  Katrina Walker, Sarah Grace Danner, John Kolibab, Jr., Emma Bartz,
Una Hanley, Max Krieger, Meghan Grover, Betsy Hogg*, Roxanna Kroll

Neo Saves The World Again For The First Time by Alex Nemeth (Grade 8, North
Royalton Middle School).  Directed by Marc Moritz.
Cast:  Mitchell Fields*, Andy Marikis, Max Krieger, Roxanna Kroll, Easlin
Anderson, Kendall Bianchi, Michael Danner.

A complete list of winners of the 28th Annual Marilyn Bianchi Kids=B9
Playwriting Festival includes:
Kevin Gilligan (Grade 3, Valley Vista Elementary School) The Wise One
Clayton Rush (Grade 3, Royal View Elementary School) The Report
Sarah Grace Danner (Grade 3 home-schooled) Lessons and Such
Adam Murray (Grade 3, Brookview Elementary School) The Mighty Knight
Jason Horvath (Grade 4, Valley Vista Elementary School) The Birthday Party
Jenna Jones (Grade 5, Middlebrook Elementary School) Long Road Home
Jordan Brown (Grade 6, Brady Middle School) A Funny Fairy Tale
Danny Pease-Kerr (Grade 7, Roxboro Middle School) Beware the Blood Red Door
Lauren Hasek (Grade 8, North Royalton Middle School) A Runaway Memory
Faith Tandoc (Grade 8, North Royalton Middle School) A Special Doll
Scott Maynard (Grade 8, Ford Middle School) King to Kid
Melissa Rose Matthews (Grade, Ford Middle School) Questions of Liberty
Arielle Stambler (Grade 8, Hathaway Brown School) Agi=B9s Gifts
Lauren Joy Fraley (Grade 12, Lakewood High School) Brightness Shines
Matt Herzfeld (Grade 12, Shaker Heights High School) Portal

--MS_Mac_OE_3233827009_756049_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>America=B9s Da Vinci, The Battle of the Sexes, and Kids Writing Plays:=
  this week at Cain Park!</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Fred, This is the third time I'm emailing this to you.  Is there a pro=
blem?  I first emailed it Tuesday, June 20 in the evening and then I em=
ailed it to your personal email address asking whether there was a problem. =
 I've heard nothing back from you.  Are my emails getting blocked?=
<BR>
<BR>
Thanks,<BR>
<BR>
Ksenia<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#008080"><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><BR>
I<B>t=B9s =B3Another Op=B9nin=B9, Another Show=B2 this week when Cain Park begins its=
 68th season of diverse, eclectic and affordable entertainment in the heart =
of Cleveland Heights at Lee and Superior roads.<BR>
</B></FONT></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><H2>AMERICA=B9S DA VINCI EXHIBITS AT CAIN PARK<B=

</H2></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4">As part of =B3The Viktor Schreckengost National Ce=
ntennial Exhibition,=B2 Cain Park is honored to celebrate the remarkable accom=
plishments of a Cleveland Heights resident who is a leader in 20th century c=
eramics and industrial design.  This exhibit features a prototype of <F=
ONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><B>Viktor Schreckengost=B9s</B></FONT> iconic Jazz Bowl, J=
iffy Ware, marionettes and illustrations, among them set and costume designs=
 many of which he created for Cain Park productions in the 40s.<BR>
Sharing exhibit space will be Cleveland Institute of Art graduate <FONT COL=
OR=3D"#0000FF"><B>Richard Glowacki</B></FONT>, an award-winning artist in cera=
mics, glass, sculpture and woodworking and recipient of the Guy Cowan Potter=
y Association Scholarship in Excellence in Ceramics.<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><H3>=B3Now and Then=B2 June 22-July 16, Audrey and=
 Harvey Feinberg Art Gallery.  Opening reception Friday, June 23, 6-8pm=
.  Refreshments provided by The Stone Oven Bakery/Caf=E9.<BR>
</H3></FONT><H3><BR>
</H3><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000"><H2>BATTLE OF THE SEXES<BR>
</H2></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4">Lilli/Kate and Fred/Petruchio duke it out off-st=
age and on in Cole Porter=B9s musical comedy masterpiece, <FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000=
"><B><I>Kiss Me, Kate</I></B></FONT><B><I>,</I></B> directed by Carol Dunne =
with musical direction by Larry Hartzell and choreography by Martin Cespedes=
.  PREVIEW tickets are only $10 on Thursday, June 22!  Opening wee=
kend ticket prices are $12.50 this Friday, Saturday and Sunday (June 23-25).=
  Showtime is 8pm in the Evans Amphitheater.  <FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000=
"><B><I>Kiss Me, Kate</I></B></FONT> runs Thursdays-Sundays and closes on Ju=
ly 9.  <I>Promotional support provided by WCLV 104.9 FM, WKSU 89.7 FM a=
nd Enterprise Rent-A-Car.<BR>
</I><BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000"><H3>The Cast of Kiss Me, Kate<BR>
</H3></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4">Pops/Padua Priest      =
      Paul Hoffman<BR>
Hattie            &n=
bsp;            =
        Alan Simone<BR>
Paul            &nbs=
p;           Jason Sa=
muel<BR>
Ralph            &nb=
sp;           Arthur =
Wise<BR>
Lois Lane/Bianca Minola        Katie Gre=
iner<BR>
Bill Calhoun/Lucentio         &nbsp=
;  Cornelius Bethea<BR>
Lilli Vanessi/Katharine Minola        Em=
ily Krieger*<BR>
Fred Graham/Petruchio         &nbsp=
;  Steel Burkhardt<BR>
Harry Trevor/Baptista Minola        Bob =
Godfrey<BR>
Gremio            &n=
bsp;       Andy Mills<BR>
Hortensio           &nbsp=
;        Dustin Jesberger<BR>
General Harrison Howell        Arlo Hill=
<BR>
Gangsters           &nbsp=
;        Paul Floriano*, Andrew Schm=
idt<BR>
Stagehand #1/Nathaniel        David Dabn=
ey<BR>
<BR>
MALE ENSEMBLE:  Salvatore Bruno, David Dabney, Danny Henning, Nathan A=
. Lilly<BR>
<BR>
FEMALE ENSEMBLE:  Christina Caravella, Hillary Elk, Caitlin Dubsky, Th=
eresa Kloos, Malika Petty, Libby Servais<BR>
<BR>
MALE QUARTET:      David Dabney, Danny Henning, Pa=
ul Hoffman, Nathan A. Lilly<BR>
<BR>
FEMALE QUARTET:  Hillary Elk, Theresa Kloos, Malika Petty, Libby Serva=
is<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF00FF"><H2>KIDS WRITING PLAYS<BR>
</H2></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"4">The 28th Annual Dobama Theatre Marilyn Bianchi K=
ids=B9 Playwriting Festival takes up temporary residence in Cain Park=B9s Alma T=
heater June 22-25 (Thursday & Friday at 7:30pm, Saturday 2:30 & 7:30=
pm, Sunday 2:30pm).  FREE ADMISSION except Thursday, June 22 ($25 benef=
it ticket: call Dobama Theatre 216-932-3396).  Winning plays that will =
be produced this weekend include:<BR>
<BR>
<B><I>The Magic Eraser</I></B> by Jake Adelstein (Grade 2, Lewis Elementary=
 School).  Directed by Bernadette Clemens.  <BR>
Cast:  Betsy Hogg*, Ian Bartz, Trevor Coble, Eli Hanley, Miranda Coble=
, Easlin Anderson, Camille Rekhson, Nicholas DeVito<BR>
<BR>
<B><I>Portrait of Grief</I></B> by Katrina Walker (Grade 5, Greater Clevela=
nd Academy for Gifted Students).  Directed by Julia Kolibab.<BR>
Cast:  Valerie Young, Andrew Marikis, Fiona DeVito, Tess Young, Lynna =
Metrisin, Barbara Quill, Glenn Colerider*, Everett Dodrill<BR>
<BR>
<B><I>A Squire=B9s Night</I></B> by Michael J. Clemente, Jr. (Grade 4, Royal =
View Elementary School).  Directed by Jesse Alison.<BR>
Cast:  Andrew Craze, Michael Danner, Everett Dodrill, John Kolibab*, G=
lenn Colerider*<BR>
<BR>
<B><I>Just Call Me Charlie</I></B> by Lauren Hasek (Grade 8, North Royalton=
 Middle School).  Directed by Joel Hammer.<BR>
Cast:  Andrew Craze, Daryl Lewis<BR>
<BR>
<B><I>The Magical Mirror</I></B> by Elena I. Joyce (Grade 3, Brookview Elem=
entary School).  Directed by Molly Cornwell.<BR>
Cast:  Val Young, Aubrey Cornwell, Lynn Metrisin, Brigitte Kolibab, An=
drew Craze<BR>
<BR>
<B><I>The Super Hampster</I></B> by Jason Marmash (Grade 2, Glendale Elemen=
tary School).  Directed by Joyce Casey.<BR>
Cast:  Katrina Walker, Sarah Grace Danner, John Kolibab, Jr., Emma Bar=
tz, Una Hanley, Max Krieger, Meghan Grover, Betsy Hogg*, Roxanna Kroll<BR>
<BR>
<B><I>Neo Saves The World Again For The First Time</I></B> by Alex Nemeth (=
Grade 8, North Royalton Middle School).  Directed by Marc Moritz.<BR>
Cast:  Mitchell Fields*, Andy Marikis, Max Krieger, Roxanna Kroll, Eas=
lin Anderson, Kendall Bianchi, Michael Danner.<BR>
<BR>
A complete list of winners of the 28th Annual Marilyn Bianchi Kids=B9 Playwri=
ting Festival includes:<BR>
Kevin Gilligan (Grade 3, Valley Vista Elementary School) <B><I>The Wise One=
<BR>
</I></B>Clayton Rush (Grade 3, Royal View Elementary School) <B><I>The Repo=
rt<BR>
</I></B>Sarah Grace Danner (Grade 3 home-schooled) <B><I>Lessons and Such<B=

</I></B>Adam Murray (Grade 3, Brookview Elementary School) <B><I>The Mighty=
 Knight<BR>
</I></B>Jason Horvath (Grade 4, Valley Vista Elementary School) <B><I>The B=
irthday Party<BR>
</I></B>Jenna Jones (Grade 5, Middlebrook Elementary School) <B><I>Long Roa=
d Home<BR>
</I></B>Jordan Brown (Grade 6, Brady Middle School) <B><I>A Funny Fairy Tal=
e<BR>
</I></B>Danny Pease-Kerr (Grade 7, Roxboro Middle School) <B><I>Beware the =
Blood Red Door<BR>
</I></B>Lauren Hasek (Grade 8, North Royalton Middle School) <B><I>A Runawa=
y Memory<BR>
</I></B>Faith Tandoc (Grade 8, North Royalton Middle School) <B><I>A Specia=
l Doll<BR>
</I></B>Scott Maynard (Grade 8, Ford Middle School) <B><I>King to Kid<BR>
</I></B>Melissa Rose Matthews (Grade, Ford Middle School) <B><I>Questions o=
f Liberty<BR>
</I></B>Arielle Stambler (Grade 8, Hathaway Brown School) <B><I>Agi=B9s Gifts=
<BR>
</I></B>Lauren Joy Fraley (Grade 12, Lakewood High School) <B><I>Brightness=
 Shines<BR>
</I></B>Matt Herzfeld (Grade 12, Shaker Heights High School) <B><I>Portal<B=

</I></B></FONT><I><H3><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</H3></I>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3233827009_756049_MIME_Part--