[NEohioPAL]UMC Family Theatre- Theatre Times Newsletter Summer 2006

DVangaasbe at aol.com DVangaasbe at aol.com
Tue Jun 27 14:34:31 PDT 2006

-------------------------------1151444071

Theatre Times
A  publication of the UMC Family Theatre
Volume 1, Issue  3     Summer, 2006
=20
THE UMC FAMILY  THEATRE
PROUDLY PRESENTS
=20
AN ORIGINAL PLAY WRITTEN  BY
=20
DAVID VAN  GAASBEEK
=20
ROMMEL AND PATTON
a  love story
=20
JULY 20-23, 2006
AT  7:30 pm
=20
UNITED METHODIST  CHURCH
OF CANAL FULTON
363 CHERRY STREET SE
CANAL FULTON,  OHIO
=20
ADMISSION- $5.00  ADULTS
$3.00 SENIOR CITIZENS AND CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF  12

ROMMEL  AND PATTON REPLACES MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING

On May 10, after only four people  appeared for the auditions of William=20
Shakespeare=E2=80=99s Much Ado About Nothing,  Director Dave Van Gaasbeek de=
cided to put=20
that play in hiatus because there are  fifteen parts in the play.  After=20
reviewing his options, Mr. Van Gaasbeek  decided to stage a romantic comedy=20=
which he=20
wrote twenty three years ago.   Called Rommel and Patton, a love story, the=20
play deals with a small community  theatre in a fictional Ohio town staging=20=
a=20
romantic comedy for four  actors.  At the beginning of the play, the directo=
r=20
and the producer are  congratulating one another over a sure shot critical a=
nd=20
financial success even  before the play enters into rehearsal.  Their=20
enthusiasm is soon dashed  when they learn that the lead man has been transf=
erred to=20
Portland, Oregon and  the lead lady is ordered to bed when she discovers she=
 is=20
pregnant. =20
=20
    Faced with  possible cancellation, the remaining cast members and the=20
suddenly deflated  director and producer try to find replacement actors.  Th=
ey=20
succeed in  finding two actors willing to fill in at the last moment but at=20=
a=20
horrible  cost.  Both actors are known to be opinionated and temperamental.=20=
 =20
Further, they hate one another so much so that they fight continuously when=20=
they=20
 are together.  What follows is the comedy of the whole situation as the =20
director, producer, cast and crew try to survive a battle which dwarfs some=20=
of =20
the major World War II battles.  Nicknamed =E2=80=9CRommel and Patton=E2=80=
=9D, these two =20
actors manage to practically bring the house down even before the curtain go=
es =20
up.  The net result- a director who makes Captain Queeg of the Caine Mutiny=20=
=20
look like a sane person, a producer who mocks everyone, and two supporting =20
actors who wish they could go to the bathroom to avoid the horrid  confronta=
tions.=20
 What else happens- Well! you=E2=80=99ll have to come and  see.
=20
    Adam Leventhal  plays Joe Morrison, the very opinionated and talented=20
lead actor, who does not  think twice to give his opinion on anything that g=
oes=20
on at the theatre.   His foil, Carol Norris, is played by Lisa Van Gaasbeek.=
 =20
Carol is highly  talented but she has been playing it safe recently. However=
,=20
she will rail if  anyone says that she cannot act.  Keeping these two apart=20
from one another  is the director, Jane Merrick, played by Stephanie Cochran=
. =20
Jane who  expected a nice pleasant experience finds that she is getting =E2=
=80=9Ctoo old=20
for all  of this.=E2=80=9D  Meanwhile, her business agent and producer, Tom=20
Johannsen,  though fearing Carol, cannot wait to zing her again when she ope=
ns herself=20
up to  criticism.  Tom is played by Gerald Perry.  The two supporting roles=20=
=20
are Toni Pasquale, played by Jamie Orlando, and John Richmond, played by Nat=
e =20
Cochran.  Toni is the consummate cheerleader and optimist who always seems =20=
to=20
get to rehearsal even if one of her family members is sick with the  flu. =20
John is the man who has started acting in community theatre mostly to  get a=
way=20
from home and seems to be compliant due to his out and out fear of the =20
director.
=20
    The play is in  two acts and will be presented in the Fellowship Hall=20
Theatre.  It will be  presented in a theatre in the round format similar to=20=
Bus =20
Stop.
=20
Rommel and  Patton, a love story, twenty three years in the  making
=20
    Twenty three  years ago, Director and writer Dave Van Gaasbeek starred i=
n=20
The Tender Trap at  the North Canton Playhouse.  Though getting good reviews=
=20
as Charlie Reader,  the swinging bachelor, Dave said that it was a truly=20
trying experience.   =E2=80=9CTender Trap was the greatest melodrama I ever=20=
acted in.  Too=20
bad it was a  romantic comedy,=E2=80=9D Mr. Van Gaasbeek said.
=20
    The reason was a  clash between the lead actor and actress over=20
practically everything in the  play.  =E2=80=9CI can=E2=80=99t remember her=20=
name but she and I did not=20
get along at all,=E2=80=9D  he said.  =E2=80=9CThe funny thing is that we ha=
d to=20
convincingly kiss each other  night after night.  That we did but I think we=
 wanted to=20
tear each other=E2=80=99s  lips off while doing it.  It was that bad.=E2=80=
=9D
=20
    After the play  ended to good reviews, Mr. Van Gaasbeek and Evelyn Meyer=
,=20
the assistant director  to the production, went to visit the director of the=
=20
production at Aultman  Hospital.  She had suffered from a bad case of=20
exhaustion keeping the two  combatants from killing each other.  Mr. Van Gaa=
sbeek,=20
exhausted also,  decided to take a different way of handling the situation.=20=
 He=20
penned a  short one act play which he called Rommel and Patton.  It proved t=
o=20
be good  therapy because he felt great after finishing  it.  He also thought=
 it=20
 was a nice exercise but he did not think it would ever see the stage.  He =20
threw the play into a file cabinet for future reference.  He never intended=20=
 to=20
use it for anything.
=20
   That is until only  four actors showed up to audition for fifteen parts i=
n=20
Much Ado About  Nothing.  Faced with a possible cancellation, Mr. Van=20
Gaasbeek decided to  find another play.  =E2=80=9CThe great thing about Shak=
espeare is that=20
he is in the  public domain and there are no royalties.  I did not want to t=
ake=20
on a play  that could lose us money due to the late switch.  I was reading=20
some of my  work that I have done over the years and decided that we were in=
 big=20
 trouble.  That is until a file folder fell on my foot while I was rummaging=
 =20
through the file cabinet that stores my rough drafts.  You guessed  it.  It=20
was Rommel and Patton,=E2=80=9D said Mr. Van Gaasbeek.=20
=20
   Reading it for the  first time since 1983, Mr. Van Gaasbeek saw=20
possibilities.  However, he had  to beef it up to make a two act play.  =E2=
=80=9CRemarkably, it=20
only took me two  lunch hours at Arby=E2=80=99s to complete three scenes,=
=E2=80=9D he said. =20
The finished  result will be presented on the nights of July 20-23. =20
=20
   If completing the  script was hard, finding the cast proved to be more=20
challenging than  anticipated.  Stephanie Cochran and Lisa Van Gaasbeek were=
=20
immediately cast  as Jane Merrick and Carol Norris.  A young lady had been c=
ast as=20
Helen  Johannsen, the assistant director, but scheduling problems caused her=
=20
to  withdraw.  Another woman was cast but she too withdrew due to  schedulin=
g.=20
 At that point, Mr. Van Gaasbeek killed Helen and resurrected  her as Tom=20
Johannsen, the producer and business agent.  He was going to  play the part=20=
until=20
Gerald Perry came to an audition.  Perry proved to be  perfect for the part.
=20
   Nate Cochran who is  also in the chorus for North Canton=E2=80=99s Aladdi=
n was=20
cast as John Richmond soon  after rehearsals began.  Exhausted from two dema=
nding=20
parts in Bus Stop and  Blithe Spirit, Nate wanted the lesser of the male=20
parts.  Jamie Orlando  took on the part of Toni Pasquale as soon as school e=
nded. =20
A first time  actress, Jamie fit the role better than she thought.  A cast=20
was  forming. =20
=20
    However, for  three weeks, Mr. Van Gaasbeek looked for Joe Morrison=20
without success.   Many men expressed interest but scheduling was a major ob=
stacle.=20
 In a fit  of desperation, Mr. Van Gaasbeek asked the lay leaders of his=20
church to announce  auditions for the part.  No one bit.  Going to the Inter=
net=20
sites he  uses, Mr. Van Gaasbeek announced several times the audition for th=
e=20
role.   Finally, in mid June he found Joe Morrison.  Adam Leventhal arrived=20=
and=20
the  play has taken off.  Adam is the tonic that has made this play  move.
=20
   Mr. Van Gaasbeek  states that this is part of the challenge of starting a=
=20
community theatre.   He never doubted that a production would take place. =20
With this cast, he is  ready to bring forth a love story between two people=20=
who=20
cannot stand one  another.  Will it work or will it not?  Come see.  For tho=
se=20
who  think it will or it reflects actual life, just remember.  Mr. Van=20
Gaasbeek  cannot remember the name of the young lady he clashed with twenty=20=
three=20
years  ago.  For that he is eternally grateful.
=20

COME SEE US AT  CANAL DAYS
=20
    The United  Methodist Church of Canal Fulton will have a booth at the=20
Canal Days Festival on  July 13, 14, 15, and 16.  The theatre will be mannin=
g the=20
booth on July 15  from 2:00 to 5:00 pm.  This is a way to meet the members o=
f=20
this fledgling  theatre which is experiencing its growing pains this year. =20
=20
2006-2007 Season on  hold while New Minister arrives
=20
    With Rev. David  Case, a member of the committee overseeing the=20
operations of the theatre, being  assigned to a parish in Ontario, Ohio, beg=
inning July=20
1, the theatre is waiting  for the arrival of Rev. James Ellison to assume=20
the parish at Canal Fulton and  the seat on the oversight committee.  David=20=
Van=20
Gaasbeek has submitted his  proposals for the 2006-2007 season and has won=20
approval from Rev. Case but both  of them believe that as a courtesy to Rev.=
=20
Ellison, the announcement of the  season be delayed until he arrives.  As so=
on as=20
the proposals are approved  or changed, the Theatre will announce its=20
2006-2007 season.
=20
    The Theatre  appreciates all the support and input that Rev. Case gave=20
this past year and the  members wish his wife, Esther, and him good luck in=20=
his=20
new home in Ontario,  Ohio. =20
=20
  =20
=20

-------------------------------1151444071

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3DUTF-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5>Theatre Time=
s<BR>A=20
publication of the UMC Family Theatre<BR>Volume 1, Issue=20
3     Summer, 2006</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman"=20
size=3D5></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5>THE UMC FAMILY=20
THEATRE<BR>PROUDLY PRESENTS</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5></FONT> </D=

<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5>AN ORIGINAL PLAY=
 WRITTEN=20
BY</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5></FONT> </D=

<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5>DAVID VAN=20
GAASBEEK</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5></FONT> </D=

<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5>ROMMEL AND PATTO=
N<BR>a=20
love story</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5></FONT> </D=

<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5>JULY 20-23, 2006=
<BR>AT=20
7:30 pm</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5></FONT> </D=

<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5>UNITED METHODIST=
=20
CHURCH<BR>OF CANAL FULTON<BR>363 CHERRY STREET SE<BR>CANAL FULTON,=20
OHIO</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5></FONT> </D=

<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5>ADMISSION- $5.00=
=20
ADULTS<BR>$3.00 SENIOR CITIZENS AND CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF=20
12<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3><FONT size=
=3D5>ROMMEL=20
AND PATTON REPLACES MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING</FONT></FONT></EM></DIV><EM><FONT=
=20
face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3><FONT size=3D5></FONT>
<DIV align=3Dleft><BR>    On May 10, after only four people=20
appeared for the auditions of William Shakespeare=E2=80=99s Much Ado About N=
othing,=20
Director Dave Van Gaasbeek decided to put that play in hiatus because there=20=
are=20
fifteen parts in the play.  After reviewing his options, Mr. Van Gaasbe=
ek=20
decided to stage a romantic comedy which he wrote twenty three years ago.&nb=
sp;=20
Called Rommel and Patton, a love story, the play deals with a small communit=
y=20
theatre in a fictional Ohio town staging a romantic comedy for four=20
actors.  At the beginning of the play, the director and the producer ar=
e=20
congratulating one another over a sure shot critical and financial success e=
ven=20
before the play enters into rehearsal.  Their enthusiasm is soon dashed=
=20
when they learn that the lead man has been transferred to Portland, Oregon a=
nd=20
the lead lady is ordered to bed when she discovers she is pregnant. =20
</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>    Faced wi=
th=20
possible cancellation, the remaining cast members and the suddenly deflated=20
director and producer try to find replacement actors.  They succeed in=20
finding two actors willing to fill in at the last moment but at a horrible=20
cost.  Both actors are known to be opinionated and temperamental. =
=20
Further, they hate one another so much so that they fight continuously when=20=
they=20
are together.  What follows is the comedy of the whole situation as the=
=20
director, producer, cast and crew try to survive a battle which dwarfs some=20=
of=20
the major World War II battles.  Nicknamed =E2=80=9CRommel and Patton=
=E2=80=9D, these two=20
actors manage to practically bring the house down even before the curtain go=
es=20
up.  The net result- a director who makes Captain Queeg of the Caine Mu=
tiny=20
look like a sane person, a producer who mocks everyone, and two supporting=20
actors who wish they could go to the bathroom to avoid the horrid=20
confrontations.  What else happens- Well! you=E2=80=99ll have to come a=
nd=20
see.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>    Adam Lev=
enthal=20
plays Joe Morrison, the very opinionated and talented lead actor, who does n=
ot=20
think twice to give his opinion on anything that goes on at the theatre.&nbs=
p;=20
His foil, Carol Norris, is played by Lisa Van Gaasbeek.  Carol is highl=
y=20
talented but she has been playing it safe recently. However, she will rail i=
f=20
anyone says that she cannot act.  Keeping these two apart from one anot=
her=20
is the director, Jane Merrick, played by Stephanie Cochran.  Jane who=20
expected a nice pleasant experience finds that she is getting =E2=80=9Ctoo o=
ld for all=20
of this.=E2=80=9D  Meanwhile, her business agent and producer, Tom Joha=
nnsen,=20
though fearing Carol, cannot wait to zing her again when she opens herself u=
p to=20
criticism.  Tom is played by Gerald Perry.  The two supporting rol=
es=20
are Toni Pasquale, played by Jamie Orlando, and John Richmond, played by Nat=
e=20
Cochran.  Toni is the consummate cheerleader and optimist who always se=
ems=20
to get to rehearsal even if one of her family members is sick with the=20
flu.  John is the man who has started acting in community theatre mostl=
y to=20
get away from home and seems to be compliant due to his out and out fear of=20=
the=20
director.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>    The play=
 is in=20
two acts and will be presented in the Fellowship Hall Theatre.  It will=
 be=20
presented in a theatre in the round format similar to Bus=20
Stop.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5><STRONG>Romm=
el and=20
Patton, a love story, twenty three years in the=20
making</STRONG></FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>    Twenty t=
hree=20
years ago, Director and writer Dave Van Gaasbeek starred in The Tender Trap=20=
at=20
the North Canton Playhouse.  Though getting good reviews as Charlie Rea=
der,=20
the swinging bachelor, Dave said that it was a truly trying experience.&nbsp=
;=20
=E2=80=9CTender Trap was the greatest melodrama I ever acted in.  Too b=
ad it was a=20
romantic comedy,=E2=80=9D Mr. Van Gaasbeek said.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>    The reas=
on was a=20
clash between the lead actor and actress over practically everything in the=20
play.  =E2=80=9CI can=E2=80=99t remember her name but she and I did not=
 get along at all,=E2=80=9D=20
he said.  =E2=80=9CThe funny thing is that we had to convincingly kiss=20=
each other=20
night after night.  That we did but I think we wanted to tear each othe=
r=E2=80=99s=20
lips off while doing it.  It was that bad.=E2=80=9D</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>    After th=
e play=20
ended to good reviews, Mr. Van Gaasbeek and Evelyn Meyer, the assistant dire=
ctor=20
to the production, went to visit the director of the production at Aultman=20
Hospital.  She had suffered from a bad case of exhaustion keeping the t=
wo=20
combatants from killing each other.  Mr. Van Gaasbeek, exhausted also,=20
decided to take a different way of handling the situation.  He penned a=
=20
short one act play which he called Rommel and Patton.  It proved to be=20=
good=20
therapy because he felt great after finishing  it.  He also though=
t it=20
was a nice exercise but he did not think it would ever see the stage. =20=
He=20
threw the play into a file cabinet for future reference.  He never inte=
nded=20
to use it for anything.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>   That is until=20=
only=20
four actors showed up to audition for fifteen parts in Much Ado About=20
Nothing.  Faced with a possible cancellation, Mr. Van Gaasbeek decided=20=
to=20
find another play.  =E2=80=9CThe great thing about Shakespeare is that=20=
he is in the=20
public domain and there are no royalties.  I did not want to take on a=20=
play=20
that could lose us money due to the late switch.  I was reading some of=
 my=20
work that I have done over the years and decided that we were in big=20
trouble.  That is until a file folder fell on my foot while I was rumma=
ging=20
through the file cabinet that stores my rough drafts.  You guessed=20
it.  It was Rommel and Patton,=E2=80=9D said Mr. Van Gaasbeek. </FONT><=
/EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>   Reading it for=
 the=20
first time since 1983, Mr. Van Gaasbeek saw possibilities.  However, he=
 had=20
to beef it up to make a two act play.  =E2=80=9CRemarkably, it only too=
k me two=20
lunch hours at Arby=E2=80=99s to complete three scenes,=E2=80=9D he said.&nb=
sp; The finished=20
result will be presented on the nights of July 20-23.  </FONT></EM></DI=

<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>   If completing=20=
the=20
script was hard, finding the cast proved to be more challenging than=20
anticipated.  Stephanie Cochran and Lisa Van Gaasbeek were immediately=20=
cast=20
as Jane Merrick and Carol Norris.  A young lady had been cast as Helen=20
Johannsen, the assistant director, but scheduling problems caused her to=20
withdraw.  Another woman was cast but she too withdrew due to=20
scheduling.  At that point, Mr. Van Gaasbeek killed Helen and resurrect=
ed=20
her as Tom Johannsen, the producer and business agent.  He was going to=
=20
play the part until Gerald Perry came to an audition.  Perry proved to=20=
be=20
perfect for the part.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>   Nate Cochran w=
ho is=20
also in the chorus for North Canton=E2=80=99s Aladdin was cast as John Richm=
ond soon=20
after rehearsals began.  Exhausted from two demanding parts in Bus Stop=
 and=20
Blithe Spirit, Nate wanted the lesser of the male parts.  Jamie Orlando=
=20
took on the part of Toni Pasquale as soon as school ended.  A first tim=
e=20
actress, Jamie fit the role better than she thought.  A cast was=20
forming.  </FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>    However,=
 for=20
three weeks, Mr. Van Gaasbeek looked for Joe Morrison without success. =
=20
Many men expressed interest but scheduling was a major obstacle.  In a=20=
fit=20
of desperation, Mr. Van Gaasbeek asked the lay leaders of his church to anno=
unce=20
auditions for the part.  No one bit.  Going to the Internet sites=20=
he=20
uses, Mr. Van Gaasbeek announced several times the audition for the role.&nb=
sp;=20
Finally, in mid June he found Joe Morrison.  Adam Leventhal arrived and=
 the=20
play has taken off.  Adam is the tonic that has made this play=20
move.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>   Mr. Van Gaasbe=
ek=20
states that this is part of the challenge of starting a community theatre.&n=
bsp;=20
He never doubted that a production would take place.  With this cast, h=
e is=20
ready to bring forth a love story between two people who cannot stand one=20
another.  Will it work or will it not?  Come see.  For those=20=
who=20
think it will or it reflects actual life, just remember.  Mr. Van Gaasb=
eek=20
cannot remember the name of the young lady he clashed with twenty three year=
s=20
ago.  For that he is eternally grateful.</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><BR><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5>COME SEE=
 US AT=20
CANAL DAYS</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>    The Unit=
ed=20
Methodist Church of Canal Fulton will have a booth at the Canal Days Festiva=
l on=20
July 13, 14, 15, and 16.  The theatre will be manning the booth on July=
 15=20
from 2:00 to 5:00 pm.  This is a way to meet the members of this fledgl=
ing=20
theatre which is experiencing its growing pains this year. =20
</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D5>2006-2007 Se=
ason on=20
hold while New Minister arrives</FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>    With Rev=
. David=20
Case, a member of the committee overseeing the operations of the theatre, be=
ing=20
assigned to a parish in Ontario, Ohio, beginning July 1, the theatre is wait=
ing=20
for the arrival of Rev. James Ellison to assume the parish at Canal Fulton a=
nd=20
the seat on the oversight committee.  David Van Gaasbeek has submitted=20=
his=20
proposals for the 2006-2007 season and has won approval from Rev. Case but b=
oth=20
of them believe that as a courtesy to Rev. Ellison, the announcement of the=20
season be delayed until he arrives.  As soon as the proposals are appro=
ved=20
or changed, the Theatre will announce its 2006-2007 season.</FONT></EM></DIV=

<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>    The Thea=
tre=20
appreciates all the support and input that Rev. Case gave this past year and=
 the=20
members wish his wife, Esther, and him good luck in his new home in Ontario,=
=20
Ohio.  </FONT></EM></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>   </FONT></EM></=

<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV><BR><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3>   </FONT></E=
M></DIV>
<DIV><EM><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D3></FONT></EM> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>