[NEohioPAL]"Marvin's Room" Opens Thursday at Workshop Players in Amherst

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 20:10:47 PDT 2006

------=_Part_3415_26384858.1151464247578

"I can hardly believe how funny this show is!"  That's what everyone
working on "Marvin's Room" has said at one time or another during
rehearsals.  You would think that a show that deals with sickness and
other serious themes would be depressing but this show is not!

Twenty years ago Bessie (Melissa Hubbard) and Lee (Jayne Kacik) had a
falling out and have barely spoken since.  Now, health issues force them
back into a relationship.  Add to the mix Lee's difficult teen-age son
(Matthew Lewis) and there's a potential for sparks...  But there is
also a potential for love, caring and growth.  Through laughter,
emotional healing begins and we learn how rewarding it is to make room
in our hearts for others.  You will find room in your heart for
Bessie...  Room for Lee...  Room for Hank, Ruth, Charlie and, yes, for
Marvin!

"Marvin's Room", by Scott McPherson, directed by Dave Cotton, will warm your
hearts.  It is
indeed, "A story about the years that keep us apart... And the moments
that bring us together."**

Joining Melissa, Jayne and Matthew in the cast are Angela DePalma as
Aunt Ruth, William Legg as Charlie, Tim Friedman as Dr. Wally, Kathy
Whitmore as Dr. Charlotte, Julie Marchand as the retirement home
director and Jacob Wachholz as Bob.

Performances are June 29, 30; July 1, 7, 8, 14 and 15 at 8 p.m., with Sunday
matinees on July 9 and 16 at 3 p.m. Make your reservations to see Marvin's
Room now.  Tickets are $10 each and may be reserved by calling our box
office at 440-988-5613. Discounts are available for groups of 15 or more.
Workshop Players Theatre-in-the-Round is located at 44820 Middle Ridge Roadin
Amherst. Check out our website at www.workshopplayers.com.

**IMDB web site