[NEohioPAL]A clip from The Rapture rehearsal on June 24

Johnny Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Wed Jun 28 04:46:22 PDT 2006

------=_NextPart_000_00B3_01C69A86.F4BC15A0

Hi everyone, wanted to share this, because many of you helped made it
happen and without many of you involved, this woldn't be possible, so
it's almost like a blog.. So bare with it. For those who doesn't care
about what goes behind a film shoot, you can just delete this post. :)

When we decided to make The Rapture, a sci-fi feature film, our
intention is to put more wire-work and martial arts into the movie to
make it more comic book based, and at the same time to challenge us.

It was all nice and dandy during script read out, understanding the work
and covering all our safety concerns with the actors and to secure
multiple locations within the city and another city.

This past weekend (June 24 and 25, from 9 to 5), we did a huge rehearsal
with the main/supporting cast and to went through a rigorous workout
with stunt doubles and for our crew so they know what to expect during
all the wire-stunt work, we even got medics on site to help out.

When I had a time to relax and think through, I realized, that, in
almost every other scene, there's a fight and wire-work to be done,
meaning, constantly having people wired and tosses around.

I was overwhelmed with the degree of the 'work', even though we blocked
off those big fight sequences with 2 days to shoot and such (being
careful to make sure we got enough time for it), I knew deep inside my
heart, it will become a very crazy work flow, yes, there will be
multiple cameras (shooting a mix of HD, film and DV), but it's not like
the fight scenes were without dialouges, between it, there were several
conversations going on as well...

I knew I've asked too much, to get crazy stunt work involved, which you
only would imagine it's something you would see in bigger budget films
not in a low/no budget film like mine... (Wire work with pulling and
guiding, and there's yanking, and at one instances, there are about 6
people being thrown back, just like the teaser... etc)

So, on the 24th (Saturday), after lunch, I was getting stressed out,
trying to 1. minimize the fight sequences, 2. working out the
kinks/structures for several fight scenes, and 3. figure out how to
re-adjust the script to make it flow... When I turn my head and look at
one of the practices, I saw this practice of Midael (played by George
Tutie, who had never been wired):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHyYnk6Bt3k

and I felt a warmth inside my body, my entire body jolted with
electricity, because it's exciting, because I felt I was back in the
candy store with all my favorite candies in display, and I knew the
great team I have, made it happened.

Further more, after the 2 days of hectic rehearsal and practicing with
all the different yank,pulle, twist, turn, spin while on wires, I am
back to the confident level that this film will come out exciting, it
will be different, and it'll be something we all will be proud of.

The team included all the major crew members who will side-job for
wire-team as pulleys, and people (crew wise) that will be coming in town
like Kathy, Jason, PJR, Chrisitne, Chandler, and others which will make
this day-to-day, 13 days shoot w 2 units, as ease as it can go for us.

So, I know many of you who helped me are here, member of this board, am
making a big shout to thank you all to make this happen.

Johnny Wu
www.rapturethemovie.com

------=_NextPart_000_00B3_01C69A86.F4BC15A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.0.4630.0">
<TITLE>A clip from The Rapture rehearsal on June 24</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi everyone, wanted to share this, =
because many of you helped made it happen and without many of you =
involved, this woldn't be possible, so it's almost like a blog.. So bare =
with it. For those who doesn't care about what goes behind a film shoot, =
you can just delete this post. :)</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">When we decided to make The Rapture, a =
sci-fi feature film, our intention is to put more wire-work and martial =
arts into the movie to make it more comic book based, and at the same =
time to challenge us.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">It was all nice and dandy during script =
read out, understanding the work and covering all our safety concerns =
with the actors and to secure multiple locations within the city and =
another city.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">This past weekend (June 24 and 25, from =
9 to 5), we did a huge rehearsal with the main/supporting cast and to =
went through a rigorous workout with stunt doubles and for our crew so =
they know what to expect during all the wire-stunt work, we even got =
medics on site to help out.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">When I had a time to relax and think =
through, I realized, that, in almost every other scene, there's a fight =
and wire-work to be done, meaning, constantly having people wired and =
tosses around.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I was overwhelmed with the degree of =
the 'work', even though we blocked off those big fight sequences with 2 =
days to shoot and such (being careful to make sure we got enough time =
for it), I knew deep inside my heart, it will become a very crazy work =
flow, yes, there will be multiple cameras (shooting a mix of HD, film =
and DV), but it's not like the fight scenes were without dialouges, =
between it, there were several conversations going on as =
well...</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I knew I've asked too much, to get =
crazy stunt work involved, which you only would imagine it's something =
you would see in bigger budget films not in a low/no budget film like =
mine... (Wire work with pulling and guiding, and there's yanking, and at =
one instances, there are about 6 people being thrown back, just like the =
teaser... etc)</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">So, on the 24th (Saturday), after =
lunch, I was getting stressed out, trying to 1. minimize the fight =
sequences, 2. working out the kinks/structures for several fight scenes, =
and 3. figure out how to re-adjust the script to make it flow... When I =
turn my head and look at one of the practices, I saw this practice of =
Midael (played by George Tutie, who had never been wired):</FONT></P>

<P><A HREF=3D"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DQHyYnk6Bt3k"><U><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DQHyYnk6Bt3k</FONT></U></A=
><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">and I felt a warmth inside my body, my =
entire body jolted with electricity, because it's exciting, because I =
felt I was back in the candy store with all my favorite candies in =
display, and I knew the great team I have, made it happened.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Further more, after the 2 days of =
hectic rehearsal and practicing with all the different yank,pulle, =
twist, turn, spin while on wires, I am back to the confident level that =
this film will come out exciting, it will be different, and it'll be =
something we all will be proud of.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The team included all the major crew =
members who will side-job for wire-team as pulleys, and people (crew =
wise) that will be coming in town like Kathy, Jason, PJR, Chrisitne, =
Chandler, and others which will make this day-to-day, 13 days shoot w 2 =
units, as ease as it can go for us.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">So, I know many of you who helped me =
are here, member of this board, am making a big shout to thank you all =
to make this happen.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Johnny Wu</FONT>

<BR><A HREF=3D"file://www.rapturethemovie.com"><U><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">www.rapturethemovie.com</FONT></U></A>
</P>