[NEohioPAL]Ohio Premiere of New Musical at Holy Name 7/21 & 22

Mike Mazur mcmazur at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 07:55:42 PDT 2006

The Holy Name Summer Musical Theatre Workshop presents the Ohio Premiere of
THE PORTABLE PIONEER AND PRAIRIE SHOW
by Mel Marvin and David Chambers

Directed by Mike Mazur
Music Director: Rob Schneider
Acting Coach: Rachel Cottom

Produced in association with MTI, New York

This unique new show tells the story of an immigrant family in the
1800's searching for their dreams in rural America.  Anyone who has
relatives who came to this country will relate to this show, and it
will revive the true American Spirit in us all.  This show is indeed
rare...a sofisticated show with rich characters that is also
family-friendly.  The score blends country and folk sounds with
today's Broadway feel.

THE PORTABLE PIONEER AND PRAIRIE SHOW
Friday and Saturday
July 21 and 22  2006, 8:00pm
Holy Name High School
6000 Queens Highway, Parma Heigths, Ohio  44130
Tickets available at the door

Note from the DIrector:  I saw this show off-broadway in the late
1990's, and despite a difficult title, I LOVED it.  I was so thrilled
to see it in the MTI catalog.  I am happy to have the "Ohio Premiere",
but as a school, we are separate from the theatre community.  If you
are a director or producer looking for a new show that you can
advertise as the "Professional" or "Community Theatre Area Premire",
please contact me to learn about this show. It is truly a gem!
-Mike Mazur