[NEohioPAL]"Half & Half" photography exhibition

Standing Rock Cultural Arts info at standingrock.net
Fri Jul 21 07:05:23 PDT 2006

--MS_Mac_OE_3236321124_832722_MIME_Part

Greetings,

WHO:  Standing Rock Cultural Arts

WHAT:  =B3Half & Half=B2 Photography Exhibition
-featuring the work of former Kent Roosevelt High School Students who were
under the instruction of Michael McClure
-Mary Beth Wade, Kristyn Shreve and more

WHEN:  July 27, 8pm
-exhibit runs through August 12

WHERE: North Water Street Gallery, 257 N. Water St., Kent

CONTACT:  330-673-4970

GALLERY HOURS:  Thursday-Saturday 1-5pm

www.standingrock.net for updates

Thank you for supporting the Arts,

Standing Rock Cultural Arts
257 N. Water St.
Kent, OH 44240
330-673-4970
info at standingrock.net

Mary Beth Wade Artist Statement

My work is that fascination I find when the world completely changes
perspective to form a deeper understanding of everything I took for granted
before.  The main topic of my show right now is called Half & Half, because
I believe there is always at least two sides to each and every little thing
that belongs to this world.  No one entity is made up of merely one
perspective; someone always sees it in a different view.  Every time I take
a photograph, I like to think of it from someone or something else=B9s
perspective.  When taking a picture of a house, I may not take a simple
bystander=B9s view, but use the rearview image of a car, as if the bystander
were passing it by.  Each time I do this, I believe that an entirely
different side of the equation comes into view.
I believe that no one can really understand another person without walking =
mile in their shoes.  My work takes me to a different world.  It takes my
subconscious and forms a different view, one that I might use to better
understand and sympathize with that person.  I believe it=B9s also easy to
take the beautiful things in this world for granted, and by posing a second
half or perspective to the everyday walk of life, it adds to the excitement
and wonder of the world in which we live.  It adds thought to simplicity.

My work makes people question.  What is the intent of each photograph?  Wit=
such simple details, such as one purple eye and one orange eye, and also
symbolism, my photographs create such a deep vortex of possibilities, that
art is the consequence.  My art is like poetry, always changing in the eyes
of the viewer.  While I attempt to see the world in a different perspective=
,
my work creates multiple perspectives as well, exponentially increasing the
thought put into it.  My work is not done until seen by viewers, because
they are the end result of it.  It is an escape, for both me and my viewers=
.
While I am caught in an endless vortex of possibilities, so is the rest of
the world in viewing it.

Mary Beth Wade is a senior at Kent Roosevelt High school, and loves to run
and play trumpet. Next year she will be attending Akron University, and wil=
major in Biomedical Engineering.

Kristyn Shreve Artist Statement

Whether you travel to many different locations or simply stay at home there
are always a variety of subjects waiting to be captured on film. I try to
take pictures in many different areas to capture many unique moods. These
locations include photos from my backyard in Kent, Ohio to photos of
Rehoboth Beach in Delaware. The color of the sky and the lighting vary from
city to city and from shot to shot.  Through these photographs, I wanted to
capture the variety of moods and subjects produced by the common effect of
lighting. =20
Lighting is everywhere, it is an ordinary thing, but it can be used to
affect the mood of the picture and viewer. When I began taking photographs,
I realized that the lighting in the picture affects the mood and
interpretation that I got from the photograph.  I began to take photographs
with beautiful sunsets that further enhanced the picture. I then moved to
shooting at night to show the variety of lighting that can be seen even in =
dark sky.  Finally, I took photographs inside buildings to show that even
the most mundane places could be changed to interesting subjects.

My photography is an array of many subjects with lighting effects to entice
many different moods.
I want my photographs to express that there are interesting and beautiful
subjects everywhere you look. Even though you may see something very common
it can be interpreted differently if you just look hard enough. Photography
is personal, just like any other art, and though the feeling I get from my
photography is different than what you may feel from it I hope that it
evokes some emotion from you.

--MS_Mac_OE_3236321124_832722_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>"Half & Half" photography exhibition</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<B>Greetings,<BR>
<BR>
</B><FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica"><H2>WHO:  Standing Rock Cultural Arts <BR>
<BR>
WHAT:  =B3Half & Half=B2 Photography Exhibition<BR>
</H2><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><B>-</B></FONT><B>featuring the work of former Kent Roo=
sevelt High School Students who were under the instruction of Michael McClur=
e<BR>
-Mary Beth Wade, Kristyn Shreve and more<BR>
</B><H2><BR>
WHEN:  July 27, 8pm<BR>
</H2><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><B>-</B></FONT><B>exhibit runs through August 12<BR>
</B><H2><BR>
WHERE: North Water Street Gallery, 257 N. Water St., Kent<BR>
<BR>
CONTACT:  330-673-4970<BR>
<BR>
GALLERY HOURS:  Thursday-Saturday 1-5pm<BR>
<BR>
</H2><FONT SIZE=3D"4"><B>www.standingrock.net for updates<BR>
</B></FONT><H3><BR>
Thank you for supporting the Arts,<BR>
<BR>
Standing Rock Cultural Arts<BR>
257 N. Water St.<BR>
Kent, OH 44240<BR>
330-673-4970<BR>
</H3><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><B><U>info at standingrock.net<BR>
<BR>
</U></B></FONT><B>Mary Beth Wade Artist Statement<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U><BR>
</U></FONT></B></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">My work is that fascinat=
ion I find when the world completely changes perspective to form a deeper un=
derstanding of everything I took for granted before.  The main topic of=
 my show right now is called Half & Half, because I believe there is alw=
ays at least two sides to each and every little thing that belongs to this w=
orld.  No one entity is made up of merely one perspective; someone alwa=
ys sees it in a different view.  Every time I take a photograph, I like=
 to think of it from someone or something else=B9s perspective.  When tak=
ing a picture of a house, I may not take a simple bystander=B9s view, but use =
the rearview image of a car, as if the bystander were passing it by.  E=
ach time I do this, I believe that an entirely different side of the equatio=
n comes into view.<BR>
I believe that no one can really understand another person without walking =
a mile in their shoes.  My work takes me to a different world.  It=
 takes my subconscious and forms a different view, one that I might use to b=
etter understand and sympathize with that person.  I believe it=B9s also =
easy to take the beautiful things in this world for granted, and by posing a=
 second half or perspective to the everyday walk of life, it adds to the exc=
itement and wonder of the world in which we live.  It adds thought to s=
implicity.<BR>
<BR>
My work makes people question.  What is the intent of each photograph?=
  With such simple details, such as one purple eye and one orange eye, =
and also symbolism, my photographs create such a deep vortex of possibilitie=
s, that art is the consequence.  My art is like poetry, always changing=
 in the eyes of the viewer.  While I attempt to see the world in a diff=
erent perspective, my work creates multiple perspectives as well, exponentia=
lly increasing the thought put into it.  My work is not done until seen=
 by viewers, because they are the end result of it.  It is an escape, f=
or both me and my viewers.  While I am caught in an endless vortex of p=
ossibilities, so is the rest of the world in viewing it. <BR>
<BR>
Mary Beth Wade is a senior at Kent Roosevelt High school, and loves to run =
and play trumpet. Next year she will be attending Akron University, and will=
 major in Biomedical Engineering.<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica"><B><U><BR>
<BR>
</U></B></FONT></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica"><B><BR>
Kristyn Shreve Artist Statement<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U><BR>
</U></FONT></B></FONT><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Whether you travel to ma=
ny different locations or simply stay at home there are always a variety of =
subjects waiting to be captured on film. I try to take pictures in many diff=
erent areas to capture many unique moods. These locations include photos fro=
m my backyard in Kent, Ohio to photos of Rehoboth Beach in Delaware. The col=
or of the sky and the lighting vary from city to city and from shot to shot.=
  Through these photographs, I wanted to capture the variety of moods a=
nd subjects produced by the common effect of lighting.  <BR>
Lighting is everywhere, it is an ordinary thing, but it can be used to affe=
ct the mood of the picture and viewer. When I began taking photographs, I re=
alized that the lighting in the picture affects the mood and interpretation =
that I got from the photograph.  I began to take photographs with beaut=
iful sunsets that further enhanced the picture. I then moved to shooting at =
night to show the variety of lighting that can be seen even in a dark sky. &=
nbsp;Finally, I took photographs inside buildings to show that even the most=
 mundane places could be changed to interesting subjects.  <BR>
<BR>
My photography is an array of many subjects with lighting effects to entice=
 many different moods.<BR>
I want my photographs to express that there are interesting and beautiful s=
ubjects everywhere you look. Even though you may see something very common i=
t can be interpreted differently if you just look hard enough. Photography i=
s personal, just like any other art, and though the feeling I get from my ph=
otography is different than what you may feel from it I hope that it evokes =
some emotion from you. <BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><FONT FACE=3D"Helvetica"><H3><U><BR>
<BR>
</U></H3></FONT></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3236321124_832722_MIME_Part--