[NEohioPAL]Don't Miss Madeline's Rescue!

Jan Harcar Jharcar at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Thu Jul 27 11:50:57 PDT 2006

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C6B18C.11629910

WEATHERVANE COMMUNITY PLAYHOUSE

Presents a Musical Young Actors Series production

Madeline's Rescue

Sponsored in part by The Margaret Clark Morgan Foundation

Young Actors Series sponsored by Goodyer Tire & Rubber Company

Weathervane Playhouse is pleased to announce 11 performances of the =
musical adaptation of the beloved children's book, Madeline's Rescue - =
Story by Ludwig Bemmelmans, Adapted by Constance Congdon with Music & =
Lyrics by Mel Marvin.

Madeline's Rescue is a Young Actors Series production on stage at =
Weathervane from Sunday, July 30 - Sunday, August 13, 2006. (Performance =
schedule at end of this release.) Madeline's Rescue brings to life the =
daredevil adventures of Madeline, the plucky French schoolgirl created =
by children's author Ludwig Bemelmans.

Madeline loves to scare her stern teacher, Miss Clavel, with her daring =
behavior - that is, until one day her fearless stunt of walking along =
the bridge wall lands her in the river! Genevieve, a brave dog who =
becomes her new friend, rescues her. Instantly, Madeline loves =
Genevieve, and so do all of the other schoolgirls. But can 12 little =
girls look after one dog without fighting? In Madeline's Rescue, we see =
Genevieve come to the rescue again!

Director for the production is Sarah Bailey. Madeline's Rescue is her =
fourth directing stint at Weathervane. For Weathervane, Ms. Bailey has =
directed Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat for the past three =
seasons (2005, 2004 and 2006). Ms. Bailey received her bachelor of music =
from Ohio Northern University and her masters of music and pedagogy from =
the prestigious Westminster Choir College in Princeton, N.J. She has =
sung on stage at Carnegie Hall with the New York Philharmonic, and was a =
grand finalist at the Guangdong International Vocal Competition in =
China. Ms. Bailey has also acted on stage in such diverse roles as =
Amnesia in Nunsense (at Weathervane in 2004) and as Sister Margaretta in =
The Sound of Music (at Weathervane in 2006). Elsewhere, she has taken =
her operatic turns in such roles as Adele in Die Fledermaus, Juliette in =
Romeo and Juliette and Cherubino in Le Nozze de Figaro. She has also =
performed at the famed Edinburgh Fringe Festival.

For Madeline's Rescue, Margaret Knepper, who serves as the production's =
musical director, joins Ms. Bailey in guiding the cast of 23 young boys =
and girls.

Cast for Madeline's Rescue

MADISON HAYES is Madeline. She's from Canton, Amos McDaniel School.

KATIE SHIFFERLY is Miss Clavel. She's from Barberton, U.L. Light Middle =
School.

SARAH HINELINE is Genevieve. She's from Akron, Miller South School.

BRANDON MARK KLINE is Lord Cucuface. He's from Akron, Miller South =
School.

SOPHIA RICHARDS is Cosette. She's from Bath, St. Hilary School .

JESSICA LEEDS RICHMAN is Claudine. She's from Akron, Lippman Day School.

MADELYN YACECZKO is Catherine. She's from Akron, Miller South School.

JENNICA DOTSON is Emile. She's from Wooster, Parkview Elementary School.

JOIRDAN A. DUNLAP is Jacqueline. She's from Akron, Chapel Hill Christian =
School.

MIKA TAKAHASHI is Sabrina. She's from Cuyahogal Falls, Hudson Montessori =
School.

ANNIE KATE RAGLOW is Gabrielle. She's from Copley, St. Hilary School.

KELCIE SCARLETT BRAHCE is Juliette. She's from Kent, Miller South =
School.

VICTORIA LIMING is Lisette. She's from Akron, Erwine Middle School.

JAMIE RAGLOW is Chloe. She's from Copley. St. Hilary School.

HALEY HINELINE is Danielle. She's from Akron, Miller South School.

LILY SIMONDS is Gendarme 1/Official. She's from Uniontown, Lake High =
School.

BENJAMIN ROSENTHAL is Gendarme 2. He's from Copley, Ft. Island =
Elementary School.

WILLIAM "WILL" KALAL is the Fisherman. He's from Akron, St. Hilary =
School.

LILLY ROMESTANT is the Painter/Accordian Player/Maitre D'. She's from  =
Akron, Miller South School.

MONTGOMERY HUJAR is Valere. He's from Akron, King Elementary School.

SAMANTHA LIMING is Elise/Flower Seller. She's from Akron, Coventry =
Junior High School.

KRISSA DUHON is the Vegetable Seller/Maitre D'/Madame Thin. She's from =
Akron, Miller South School.

CLAIRE KASPER is Madame Fat. She's from Cuyahoga Falls, Woodridge High =
School.

Backstage Team

Sarah Elaine Bailey Director

Margaret Knepper Musical Director

Brett Parr Stage Manager

Alan Scott Ferrall Scenic Designer and Technical Director

Kathy Kohl Assistant Technical Director

Leah Magnus Lighting Designer

Suzanne Hirsch Costume Co-Designer

Mindy Hayes Costume Co-Designer

David Ruggles Sound Designer

Chris Rood Properties Designer

Jon Zido Assistant Stage Manager

Madeline's Rescue performance schedule

July 30 -- August 13, 2006

Sunday, July 30 at 2:30 p.m.

Wednesday, August 2 at 10 a.m.

Friday, August 4 at 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, August 5 at 11 a.m. AND 2:30 p.m.

Sunday, August 6 at 2:30 p.m.

Wednesday, August 9 at 10 a.m.

Friday, August 11 at 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, August 12 at 11 a.m. AND 2:30 p.m.

Sunday, August 13 at 2:30 p.m.

TICKETS

Tickets are $8 each

Groups of 15 or larger pay $7 each.

The Weathervane Community Playhouse Box Office is open Tuesdays through =
Fridays between 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. The Box Office is also open =
beginning one hour before each performance and remains open through =
intermission.

The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with state tax dollars to =
encourage economic growth, education excellence and cultural enrichment =
for all Ohioans.

Young Actors Series Sponsor: Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company

***30***

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C6B18C.11629910

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><B><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D4>
<P align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#ff0000>WEATHERVANE COMMUNITY=20
PLAYHOUSE</FONT></P></B></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica color=3D#ff0000>
<P align=3Dcenter>Presents a Musical Young Actors Series=20
production</P></FONT><B><I><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D5>
<P align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#ff0000>Madeline=92s =
Rescue</FONT></P></B></FONT><FONT=20
face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter></P></I><B>
<P align=3Dcenter>Sponsored in part by The Margaret Clark Morgan =
Foundation</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Young Actors Series sponsored by Goodyer Tire & =
Rubber=20
Company</P></B>
<P>Weathervane Playhouse is pleased to announce 11 performances of the =
musical=20
adaptation of the beloved children=92s book, <B><I>Madeline=92s =
Rescue</B></I> =96=20
Story by Ludwig Bemmelmans, Adapted by Constance Congdon with Music =
& Lyrics=20
by Mel Marvin.</P><B><I>
<P>Madeline=92s Rescue</B> </I>is a Young Actors Series production on =
stage at=20
Weathervane from Sunday, July 30 =96 Sunday, August 13, 2006. =
<I>(Performance=20
schedule at end of this release.)</I><B> <I>Madeline=92s Rescue</B></I> =
brings to=20
life the daredevil adventures of Madeline, the plucky French schoolgirl =
created=20
by children=92s author Ludwig Bemelmans.</P>
<P>Madeline loves to scare her stern teacher, Miss Clavel, with her =
daring=20
behavior =96 that is, until one day her fearless stunt of walking along =
the bridge=20
wall lands her in the river! Genevieve, a brave dog who becomes her new =
friend,=20
rescues her. Instantly, Madeline loves Genevieve, and so do all of the =
other=20
schoolgirls. But can 12 little girls look after one dog without =
fighting? In=20
<B><I>Madeline=92s Rescue</B></I>, we see Genevieve come to the rescue =
again!</P>
<P>Director for the production is <B>Sarah Bailey</B>.<B> =
</B><I>Madeline=92s=20
Rescue</I> is her fourth directing stint at Weathervane. For =
Weathervane, Ms.=20
Bailey has directed <I>Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat</I> =
for the=20
past three seasons (2005, 2004 and 2006). Ms. Bailey received her =
bachelor of=20
music from Ohio Northern University and her masters of music and =
pedagogy from=20
the prestigious Westminster Choir College in Princeton, N.J. She has =
sung on=20
stage at Carnegie Hall with the New York Philharmonic, and was a grand =
finalist=20
at the Guangdong International Vocal Competition in China. Ms. Bailey =
has also=20
acted on stage in such diverse roles as Amnesia in <I>Nunsense </I>(at=20
Weathervane in 2004) and as Sister Margaretta in <I>The Sound of =
Music</I> (at=20
Weathervane in 2006). Elsewhere, she has taken her operatic turns =
</FONT><FONT=20
face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>in such roles as Adele in <I>Die =
Fledermaus</I>, Juliette=20
in <I>Romeo and Juliette</I> and Cherubino in <I>Le Nozze de Figaro</I>. =
She has=20
also performed at the famed Edinburgh Fringe Festival.</P>
<P>For <I>Madeline=92s Rescue</I>, <B>Margaret Knepper</B>, who serves =
as the=20
production=92s musical director, joins Ms. Bailey in guiding the cast of =
23 young=20
boys and girls.</P><B>
<P>Cast for<I> Madeline=92s Rescue</P></B></I>
<P>MADISON HAYES is <EM>Madeline.</EM> She's from Canton, Amos =
McDaniel=20
School.</P>
<P>KATIE SHIFFERLY is <EM>Miss Clavel.</EM> She's =
from Barberton, U.L.=20
Light Middle School.</P>
<P>SARAH HINELINE is Genevieve. She's from Akron, Miller South =

School.</P>
<P>BRANDON MARK KLINE is Lord Cucuface. He's from Akron, =
Miller South=20
School.</P>
<P>SOPHIA RICHARDS is Cosette. She's from Bath, St. Hilary School =
.</P>
<P>JESSICA LEEDS RICHMAN is Claudine. She's from Akron, Lippman Day =

School.</P>
<P>MADELYN YACECZKO is Catherine. She's from Akron, Miller South =
School.</P>
<P>JENNICA DOTSON is Emile. She's from Wooster, Parkview Elementary =

School.</P>
<P>JOIRDAN A. DUNLAP is Jacqueline. She's from Akron, Chapel Hill =
Christian=20
School.</P>
<P>MIKA TAKAHASHI is Sabrina. She's from Cuyahogal Falls, Hudson =
Montessori=20
School.</P>
<P>ANNIE KATE RAGLOW is Gabrielle. She's from Copley, St. Hilary =
School.</P>
<P>KELCIE SCARLETT BRAHCE is Juliette. She's from Kent, Miller South =
School.</P>
<P>VICTORIA LIMING is Lisette. She's from Akron, Erwine Middle =
School.</P>
<P>JAMIE RAGLOW is Chloe. She's from Copley. St. Hilary School.</P>
<P>HALEY HINELINE is Danielle. She's from Akron, Miller South =
School.</P>
<P>LILY SIMONDS is Gendarme 1/Official. She's from Uniontown, Lake =
High=20
School.</P>
<P>BENJAMIN ROSENTHAL is Gendarme 2. He's from Copley, Ft. Island=20
Elementary School.</P>
<P>WILLIAM "WILL" KALAL is the Fisherman. He's from Akron, St. =
Hilary=20
School.</P>
<P>LILLY ROMESTANT is the Painter/Accordian Player/Maitre D'. She's from =

 Akron, Miller South School.</P>
<P>MONTGOMERY HUJAR is Valere. He's from Akron, King Elementary =
School.</P>
<P>SAMANTHA LIMING is Elise/Flower Seller. She's from Akron, =
Coventry=20
Junior High School.</P>
<P>KRISSA DUHON is the Vegetable Seller/Maitre D'/Madame Thin. She's=20
from Akron, Miller South School.</P>
<P>CLAIRE KASPER is Madame Fat. She's from Cuyahoga Falls, =
Woodridge High=20
School.</P><B><I>
<P>Backstage Team</P></B></I>
<P>Sarah Elaine Bailey<I> </I>Director</P>
<P>Margaret Knepper Musical Director</P>
<P>Brett Parr Stage Manager</P>
<P>Alan Scott Ferrall Scenic Designer and Technical Director</P>
<P>Kathy Kohl Assistant Technical Director</P>
<P>Leah Magnus Lighting Designer</P>
<P>Suzanne Hirsch Costume Co-Designer</P>
<P>Mindy Hayes Costume Co-Designer</P>
<P>David Ruggles Sound Designer</P>
<P>Chris Rood Properties Designer</P>
<P>Jon Zido Assistant Stage Manager</P><B><I>
<P align=3Dcenter>Madeline=92s Rescue</I> performance schedule</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>July 30 -- August 13, 2006</P></B>
<P align=3Dcenter></P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Sunday, July 30 at 2:30 p.m.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Wednesday, August 2 at 10 a.m.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Friday, August 4 at 7:30 p.m.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Saturday, August 5 at 11 a.m. AND 2:30 p.m.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Sunday, August 6 at 2:30 p.m.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Wednesday, August 9 at 10 a.m.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Friday, August 11 at 7:30 p.m.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Saturday, August 12 at 11 a.m. AND 2:30 =
p.m.</P></FONT><FONT=20
size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter>Sunday, August 13 at 2:30 p.m.</P></FONT><B><FONT =
face=3DHelvetica=20
size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter>TICKETS</P></B>
<P align=3Dcenter>Tickets are $8 each</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Groups of 15 or larger pay $7 each.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter></P>
<P>The Weathervane Community Playhouse Box Office is open Tuesdays =
through=20
Fridays between 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. The Box Office is also open =
beginning one=20
hour before each performance and remains open through =
intermission.</P><B></B>
<P>The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with state tax dollars =
to=20
encourage economic growth, education excellence and cultural enrichment =
for all=20
Ohioans.</P><B>
<P align=3Dcenter></P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Young Actors Series Sponsor: Goodyear Tire and Rubber=20
Company</P></B>
<P align=3Dcenter></P>
<P align=3Dcenter>***30***</P></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C6B18C.11629910--