[NEohioPAL]Something Dada Wants to Know: What Happened to the Hostess Characters?

Something Dada somethingdada at aztemail.com
Tue Aug 8 08:59:39 PDT 2006

It's August, it's hot, and our brains are fried.  As such, we got to wondering: what the heck happened to the Hostess dessert characters? Twinkie the Kid, Captain Cupcake, Fruit Pie the Magician, Chauncey Choco-Dile, and Happy Ho Ho.  (No, we're not making these up: http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0857/)  Twinkie the Kid seems to be riding strong, nominated as Advertising Icon of the Year (really, we're not making it up: http://www.twinkies.com/iconoftheyear.asp), but the rest have disappeared from view.  Why is this?  Is it because they're unbelievably weak, not even showing the creativity of the McCrew (mmmmmm, Mayor McCheese), but rather just putting a hat an legs on the delicious Hostess creations?  Or is it simply because the delicious filled goodness that is a Hostess snack sells itself, without the need for silly cartoon characters?

Do you know these answers?  Then come down to the Bassa Vita lounge beneath Bottoms Up in Lakewood Thursday night, let us know, and watch our hilarious improv.  Do you not know?  Then come down and join us in befuddlement at 9 PM, have a drink, and forget about the torment these questions have caused you for a while.

Next show times:
Thursday, 8/10/06
9:00 PM

Thursday, 8/17/06