[NEohioPAL]Berko: Fall previews

Roy Berko royberko at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 19 07:40:45 PDT 2006

More Upcoming theatre and dance events!

Roy Berko

--THE TIMES NEWSPAPERS--

Lorain County Times--Westlaker Times--Lakewood News
Times--Olmsted-Fairview Times

A previous column previewed the fall offerings of
CLEVELAND PUBLIC THEATRE, VERB BALLETS,
convergence-continuum, CAROUSEL DINNER THEATRE, DANCE
CLEVELAND and ACTORS SUMMIT.  Other venues and their
upcoming offerings include:

Clague Playhouse
1371 Clague Road, Westlake
Box office:  440-331-0403

‘DANGEROUS OBSESSION’
Life is “oh so--proper” at the Discoll’s until a man
obsessed with trying to blame someone for his wife’s
fatal accident enters their home.
September 8 - October 1, 2006, Thursdays - Saturday,
8:00pm, Sunday, 2:00pm

 ‘THE SPITFIRE GRILL’
A touching musical about a young woman, recently
released from prison, who moves to a small town to
start her life over.
November 10- December 3, 2006, Thursdays - Saturday,
8:00pm, Sunday, 2:00pm

Huntington Playhouse
28601 Lake Road, Bay Village
 Box Office: (440) 871-8333

‘MY WAY:  A MUSICAL TRIBUTE TO FRANK SINATRA’
A musical revue which features 56 songs from old Blue
Eyes’ recorded legacy.
August 17th to September 10th

‘ART’
A comedy which questions the meaning of modern art and
modern friendships.
September 21st to October 8th

‘SPIDER’S WEB’
An Agatha Christie mystery filled with her usual
twists and turns.
October 19th to November 5th

‘A CHRISTMAS AT AUNT IDA’S’
Cleveland Plain Dealer columnist Dick Feagler’s story
of a simpler time in Cleveland after World War II.
November 24th to December 17th

Beck Center for the Arts
17801 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood
Box office: 216-521-2540  or www.beckcenter.org

‘PORGY AND BESS’
Scott Spence directs George and Ira Gershwin’s musical
tale of misguided love.
September 15-October 8

‘HAMLET’
An interpretation of the Shakespeare classic based on
a 1920 silent film in which Hamlet is a female posing
as the Prince.
September 29-October 22

‘GREATER TUNA’
All the wacky inhabitants of Tuna, Texas return in the
bodies of Nick Koesters and Kevin Joseph Kelly.
November 17-December 17

‘BEAUTY AND THE BEAST’
Last season my review of ‘BEAUTY AND THE BEAST’
stated, “Beck’s production is enchanting.”  So, back
by popular demand is Fred Sternfeld’s production with
many of the same cast including Times Theatre Tribute
winner Dan Folino as the Beast.
December 1-31

Ensemble Theatre
Performances at The Brooks Theatre of The Cleveland
Play House
8500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland
Box office:  216-321-2930 or www.ensemble-theatre.com
or www.ticketleap.com

“LET FREEDOM RING-THE SOCIAL CONSCIENCE OF THE
AMERICAN MUSICAL’
Bill Rudman, who co-authored this musical review with
Eric Coble states, “The words and music provide vivid
snapshots of our society during much of the 20th
century, the so-called American century.”
September 1-17

Hanna Theatre
2067 East 14th Street
Box office:  216-771-8403 or www.playhousesquare.org
‘RESPECT, A MUSICAL JOURNEY’
A review which celebrates women as they have been
depicted in song including “I Am Woman,” “I Will
Survive,” and Aretha Franklin’s ‘R-E-S-P-E-C T.”
Now in previews, opens September 10, runs Tuesday
through Saturday at 8 p.m., Saturday at 3, Sunday at 2

Charenton Theater Company
Painters Loft Condominiums
8205 Franklin in the Detroit-Shoreway Neighborhood
‘BURN THIS’ is Lanford Wilson’s play about passion and
how it can change two people who fall in love.
October 12th - October 28 2006 (Thursdays -Saturdays @
8pm)
FREE ADMISSION
For information e-mail:  info at charenton.org