[NEohioPAL]For those of you who might be interested - an old documentary of Cleveland's past

Johnny K. Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Sun Aug 27 08:20:45 PDT 2006

In 1999, me and my fellow crew did a documentary about the Resettlement
of Japanese Americans to Cleveland after the internment camp during
WWII, this was a small, and our first documentary product (with bad
audio/and such) but it was a part of the Cleveland history (we also
received a small grant from the Japanese American Citizens Leagues -
national and Cleveland chapter), we had a young man, Steve Yano, (June
22, 1982 - December 7, 2004), interviewing several of the members of the
Japanese Americans families, including Masumi Hayashi.

This 60 mins documentary was shown at festivals and cultural events, and
now it is available online entirely for you to enjoy, many of the
interviewees had passed away since 1999 and in a way, this documentary
is now part of Cleveland's history.

As part of the Asian community, I realized how important this would be,
documenting the past so we can learn from it and embrace the diversity
of our culture. Perhaps we all should make some sort of an oral history
of our past to remember it from...

So here it is: http://www.mdifilm.com/OralHistory/docu.htm

Hope you can take some time and watch this, the video is encoded with
flash 8, so if you can't watch it, you might have to upgrade your flash
version to the latest free at www.adobe.com
The video is currently hosted free at Brightcove

Johnny K. Wu
Director/Producer/Editor
www.mdifilm.com
216.373.3278

President 2006 & 2007
Organization of Chinese Americans of Greater Cleveland
www.ocagc.org

Join Cleveland IndieClub Monthly Meeting
www.clevelandindieclub.com