[NEohioPAL]the arts and all that

KerrComm at aol.com KerrComm at aol.com
Tue Aug 29 13:36:58 PDT 2006

--part1_55b.5e10654.3225ff6a_boundary

Eric Fingerhut just sent out a plea to folks asking for letters to the edito=
r=20
and any other help...I sent the below to The Plain Dealer, but I'm sure this=
=20
list can do better than myself.   In any case, let's do it, for God's sake.=20=
 =20
It's been years since Issue 31 didn't pass and it's time.

Dear Editor:
Many recent letters to the editor have focused on "why should we have to pay=
=20
more taxes for the arts, which are often questionable and/or objectionable?"
=A0=A0There was a time when Copernicus fit those categories.=A0 And Einstein=
.=A0 And=20
too many others to mention.=A0 Speaking of Einstein, he said "imagination is=
=20
more important than knowledge."=A0
=A0=A0We've already funded facts and history and banks and real estate.=A0=
=A0 Do we=20
want our legacy to be merely Forest City Enterprises (which invests more=20
outside our area than within) and Progressive Insurance?=A0 Let's give imagi=
nation a=20
chance.

--part1_55b.5e10654.3225ff6a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">Eric Fingerhut just sent out a plea to=20=
folks asking for letters to the editor and any other help...I sent the below=
 to The Plain Dealer, but I'm sure this list can do better than myself.&nbsp=
;  In any case, let's do it, for God's sake.   It's been years since Is=
sue 31 didn't pass and it's time.<BR>
<BR>
Dear Editor:<BR>
Many recent letters to the editor have focused on "why should we have to pay=
 more taxes for the arts, which are often questionable and/or objectionable?=
"<BR>
=A0=A0There was a time when Copernicus fit those categories.=A0 And Einstein=
.=A0 And too many others to mention.=A0 Speaking of Einstein, he said "imagi=
nation is more important than knowledge."=A0<BR>
=A0=A0We've already funded facts and history and banks and real estate.=A0=
=A0 Do we want our legacy to be merely Forest City Enterprises (which invest=
s more outside our area than within) and Progressive Insurance?=A0 Let's giv=
e imagination a chance.</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_55b.5e10654.3225ff6a_boundary--