[NEohioPAL]VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM FRED TO ALL SUBSCRIBERS

FSternfeld at aol.com FSternfeld at aol.com
Sat Sep 2 20:44:59 PDT 2006

yahoo or gmail account.

To date, 100 former AOL subscribers have resubscribed using a new  service.

Please help spread the word to your friends and colleagues and  assist them
in resubscribing to this list.

Thanks!

Fred  Sternfeld
_http://www.fredsternfeld.com_ (http://www.fredsternfeld.com/)
216-360-0708-home
216-496-6087-cell

PS - Here is what is on the _FAQ _ (http://www.fredsternfeld.com/faqs.htm)
page of my website  regarding this issue:

ATTN: AOL USERS - IMPORTANT NOTICE
Recommended alternative email provider: _yahoo_ (http://www.yahoo.com/)

1) I recently tried to  subscribe with an AOL email address, but you rejected
it. Why?
2) You  unsubscribed my AOL address. Why?
AOL is only sporadically  delivering the neohiopal mail so you are not
receiving the full benefit of  the list-serve. Because of this reason, I am no
longer accepting AOL email  addresses for subscription. You need to subscribe with
another email  address - I recommend _yahoo_ (http://www.yahoo.com/) .

I wrote to the  company that runs the "mailman" software (Hostway) for an
explanation as  to why AOL was not consistently delivering the NEohioPAL mail and
here is  what they sent me...

Hello,
AOL limits the amount of emails any server can send to their  servers.
When this limit is surpassed, their block goes into effect.  This results in
the bounce back you've received. Unfortunately, there  is not much
Hostway can do regarding this, as it is AOL's decision on  how many
emails to accept from any one server. Our email  administrators,
however, are trying to find a work around for this  situation. We
appreciate your patience.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us  again.
Sincerely,
Adam
Hostway Support Staff

I am  gratefull that I finally have an explanation after all of these years
as  to why AOL only sporadically delivers the neohiopal mail. The volume they
are talking about from the servers is not just the neohiopal list, it is  ALL
the lists-serves that run through hostway.

The only solution to  this is for those of you who used to receive the
neohiopal mail via aol  (or are trying to subscribe using aol) to resubscribe using
another  service. I recommend _yahoo_ (http://www.yahoo.com/)  - it is a
wonderful FREE service. It delivers the one-at-a-time postings or the  digest
without any html gruel.

-------------------------------1157255099

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2912" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY:=20=
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D3>
<DIV><STRONG>Hi Everybody,</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Subscribers to NEohioPAL who use an AOL email address have&nbsp=
;not=20
been consistently receiving their mail.  Several days ago I took the ac=
tion=20
of unsubscribing all 700 AOL addresses and encouraging them to resubscribe w=
ith=20
a free yahoo or gmail account.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>To date, 100 former AOL subscribers have resubscribed using a n=
ew=20
service.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Please help spread the word to your friends and colleagues and=20
assist them in resubscribing to this list.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Thanks!</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D4 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"14"=
>Fred=20
Sternfeld</FONT><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D3 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF"=20
PTSIZE=3D"12"><BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.fredsternfeld.com/">http://www.fredsternfeld.com</A><BR>2=
16-360-0708-home<BR>216-496-6087-cell</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>PS - Here is what is on the <A=20
href=3D"http://www.fredsternfeld.com/faqs.htm">FAQ </A>page of my website=20
regarding this issue:</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG></STRONG> </DIV>
<DIV>
<TABLE width=3D517 border=3D0>
  <TBODY>
  <TR vAlign=3Dtop>
    <TD width=3D503 height=3D261>
      <P><STRONG><FONT color=3D#ff0000>ATTN: AOL USERS - IMPORTANT NOTICE=20
      </FONT><BR>Recommended alternative email provider: <A=20
      href=3D"http://www.yahoo.com/">yahoo</A><BR><BR>1) I recently tried to=
=20
      subscribe with an AOL email address, but you rejected it. Why?<BR>2) Y=
ou=20
      unsubscribed my AOL address. Why?</STRONG><BR>AOL is only sporadically=
=20
      delivering the neohiopal mail so you are not receiving the full benefi=
t of=20
      the list-serve. Because of this reason, I am no longer accepting AOL e=
mail=20
      addresses for subscription. You need to subscribe with another email=20
      address - I recommend <STRONG><A=20
      href=3D"http://www.yahoo.com/">yahoo</A></STRONG>.<BR><BR>I wrote to t=
he=20
      company that runs the "mailman" software (Hostway) for an explanation=20=
as=20
      to why AOL was not consistently delivering the NEohioPAL mail and here=
 is=20
      what they sent me...<BR><BR><EM>Hello, </EM></P>
      <P><EM>AOL limits the amount of emails any server can send to their=20
      servers. <BR>When this limit is surpassed, their block goes into effec=
t.=20
      This results in <BR>the bounce back you've received. Unfortunately, th=
ere=20
      is not much <BR>Hostway can do regarding this, as it is AOL's decision=
 on=20
      how many <BR>emails to accept from any one server. Our email=20
      administrators, <BR>however, are trying to find a work around for this=
=20
      situation. We <BR>appreciate your patience. </EM></P>
      <P><EM>If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us=
=20
      again.</EM></P>
      <P><EM>Sincerely,<BR>Adam<BR>Hostway Support Staff</EM><BR><BR>I am=20
      gratefull that I finally have an explanation after all of these years=20=
as=20
      to why AOL only sporadically delivers the neohiopal mail. The volume t=
hey=20
      are talking about from the servers is not just the neohiopal list, it=20=
is=20
      ALL the lists-serves that run through hostway.<BR><BR>The only solutio=
n to=20
      this is for those of you who used to receive the neohiopal mail via ao=
l=20
      (or are trying to subscribe using aol) to resubscribe using another=20
      service. I recommend <A href=3D"http://www.yahoo.com/">yahoo</A> - it=20=
is a=20
      wonderful FREE service. It delivers the one-at-a-time postings or the=20
      digest without any html gruel.=20
</P></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>