[NEohioPAL]Something Dada Celebrates Labor Day

Something Dada somethingdada at aztemail.com
Tue Sep 5 08:10:57 PDT 2006

Another Labor Day has come and gone, leaving people to wonder "What is Labor Day?"  "If it's called 'Labor Day,' why do we get the day off?"  "Sure, I get the day off, but shouldn't those people at the grocery store should have to work because I forgot to get buns yesterday, darn it?"  Well, we have no answers for these questions.  What we do have are answers to questions you probably DIDN'T ask:

 - Labor Day has nothing to do with the British political party.  That's LaboUr day, duh.
 - Surprisingly, no more or fewer women go into labor on Labor Day than any other holiday.
 - There was no Labor Day when Hercules had to complete his 12 labors, or he might have gotten the day off, there would only be 11, and the Augean Stables would still stink to high heaven*.
 - In France, Labor Day is known as "Le Jour de Les Boars," and is a celebration of pigs.

To learn even more interesting, made up stuff, come down to the Bassa Vita Lounge below Bottoms Up in Lakewood at 9 PM on Thursday for the hilarious improv stylings of Something Dada.

Next show times (all shows 21 and Over only):
Thursday, 9/07/06
9:00 PM

Thursday, 9/14/06
9:00 PM

Bassa Vita Lounge
below Bottoms Up
1572 W. 117th St.
Lakewood, OH

Something Dada
P.O. Box 81422
Cleveland OH 44181-0422
216.696.HAHA (4242)
info at somethingdada.com
http://www.somethingdada.com
http://www.cafepress.com/somethingdada
http://www.myspace.com/somethingdada

* We know that the Aegean Stables were his 5th labor, not his last, but if you had to skip one, wouldn't you skip cleaning out the nastiest stables in the world?  Thought so.  So would Hercules.