[NEohioPAL]Audition for GUANTANAMO a staged reading at Cleveland Public Theatre

Jaime Bouvier jaime_bouvier at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 7 20:33:44 PDT 2006

Casting Call

What:	AUDITION for GUANTANAMO: Honor Bound to Defend
               Freedom, directed by Jaime Bouvier

When:	Wednesday, 9/20/06 at 7:00 p.m. or
                Saturday, 9/23/06 at 11:00 a.m.

Where:	CLEVELAND PUBLIC THEATRE
                6415 Detroit Ave.
                Cleveland, OH 44102
                (216) 631-2727

How:	        Please bring a short 30 second to 1
minute monologue.  Be
                prepared for cold reading of the
script.

GUANTANAMO: Honor Bound to Defend Freedom, is a play
about the detainees in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, their
families, their lawyers and the politics that
surrounds them.  This play is being presented at CPT
as a part of a three-week series called “Hot Topics”
during which CPT artists present a fully staged
reading of a new play that focuses on an issue that
impacts our lives, our country and where we are going
as a people.  The show will be followed by town-hall
style panels and discussions.

Auditions will be held at Cleveland Public Theatre on
Wednesday, September 20 at 7:00  p.m. and on Saturday,
September 23, at 11:00 a.m.

This is a staged reading, thus, there will only be
four rehearsals.  Rehearsals are scheduled tentatively
for Saturday October 14, during the day and Monday,
Tuesday and Wednesday, October 16, 17 and 18 in the
evenings.  Performances will be on Thursday, Friday
and Saturday, October 19, 20, and 21 at 8:00 p.m.

Cast is 10 people.  8 men and 2 women.  Ages 18 – 88.
Seeking a multi-cultural cast.  Especially seeking
people of Middle-Eastern background.  Several people
will be playing multiple roles. English accent and
other accents are a plus.

Please bring a short 30 second to 1 minute monologue.
Be prepared for a cold reading of the script.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact
Jaime Bouvier at Jaime_Bouvier at sbcglobal.net or at
(216) 226-7012.