[NEohioPAL]Last Weekend for 'Art'

Patrick Ciamacco PCiamacco at psas.org
Fri Oct 6 06:58:12 PDT 2006

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6E94F.76631632

'ART'

October 6th, 7th, & 8th

Huntington Playhouse
28601 Lake Road * Bay Village, Ohio * 44140
Box Office: (440) 871-8333
Adults: $17 Students: $10
Performance times are 8:00 P.M. Friday and Saturday evenings and 2:00 =
P.M. Sunday matinees unless noted on the calendar. Contact the box =
office for matinee performance dates and special performance times.=20
Featuring
Patrick Ciamacco as Mark
Joe Kenderes as Yvan
Chuck Tisdale as Serge

Winner of the 1998 Tony Award for Best Play. Winner of the 1996 Olivier =
Award for Best Comedy
"Anyone looking for a play that is funny, sophisticated, stylish, =
stimulating and moving should go to 'ART'." -Independent (London).
"...wildly funny, naughtily provocative..." -NY Post.=20
"...a nonstop cross-fire of crackling language, serious issues of life =
and art expressed in outbursts that sound like Don Rickles with a degree =
from the Sorbonne...Reza is a fiendishly clever writer...'ART' sounds =
like a marriage of Moli=E8re and Woody Allen..." -Newsweek.

THE STORY: How much would you pay for a white painting? Would it matter =
who the painter was? Would it be art? One of Marc's best friends, Serge, =
has just bought a very expensive painting. It's about five feet by four, =
all white with white diagonal lines. To Marc, the painting is a joke, =
but Serge insists Marc doesn't have the proper standard to judge the =
work. Another friend, Ivan, though burdened by his own problems, allows =
himself to be pulled into this disagreement. Eager to please, Ivan tells =
Serge he likes the painting. Lines are drawn and these old friends =
square off over the canvas, using it as an excuse to relentlessly batter =
one another over various failures. As their arguments become less =
theoretical and more personal, they border on destroying their =
friendships.=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6E94F.76631632

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.5.7226.0">
<TITLE>Last Weekend for 'Art'</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
<BR>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT SIZE=3D7 =
FACE=3D"Haettenschweiler">'ART'</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT SIZE=3D5 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">October 6th, =
7th, & 8th</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Huntington =
Playhouse</FONT></B></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">28601 Lake Road • =
Bay Village, Ohio • 44140<BR>
Box Office: (440) 871-8333</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT SIZE=3D4 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Adults: $17 =
Students: $10</FONT></P>

<P><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Performance times are 8:00 =
P.M. Friday and Saturday evenings and 2:00 P.M. Sunday matinees unless =
noted on the calendar. Contact the box office for matinee performance =
dates and special performance times. </FONT></I></P>

<P><U><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New =
Roman">Featuring</FONT></B></U>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Patrick Ciamacco as =
Mark</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Joe Kenderes as Yvan</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Chuck Tisdale as =
Serge</FONT><BR>

<BR><B><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">Winner of the 1998 Tony Award for =
Best Play. Winner of the 1996 Olivier Award for Best Comedy</FONT></B>

<BR><I><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">"Anyone looking for a play =
that is funny, sophisticated, stylish, stimulating and moving should go =
to 'ART'." -Independent (London).</FONT></I></P>

<P><I><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">"…wildly funny, =
naughtily provocative…" -NY Post. </FONT></I>

<BR><I><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">"…a nonstop cross-fire =
of crackling language, serious issues of life and art expressed in =
outbursts that sound like Don Rickles with a degree from the =
Sorbonne…Reza is a fiendishly clever writer…'ART' sounds =
like a marriage of Moli=E8re and Woody Allen…" =
-Newsweek.</FONT></I></P>
<BR>

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Times New Roman">THE STORY:</FONT></B><FONT =
FACE=3D"Times New Roman"> How much would you pay for a white painting? =
Would it matter who the painter was? Would it be art? One of Marc's best =
friends, Serge, has just bought a very expensive painting. It's about =
five feet by four, all white with white diagonal lines. To Marc, the =
painting is a joke, but Serge insists Marc doesn't have the proper =
standard to judge the work. Another friend, Ivan, though burdened by his =
own problems, allows himself to be pulled into this disagreement. Eager =
to please, Ivan tells Serge he likes the painting. Lines are drawn and =
these old friends square off over the canvas, using it as an excuse to =
relentlessly batter one another over various failures. As their =
arguments become less theoretical and more personal, they border on =
destroying their friendships. </FONT></P>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>