[NEohioPAL]From Chicago to Cleveland on October 21, 2006, Allegrezza and Bianchi - Every Saturday at Noon at Gallery 324

marcus at designerglass.com marcus at designerglass.com
Mon Oct 16 05:09:33 PDT 2006

>From Chicago to Cleveland on October 21, 2006, Allegrezza and Bianchi
- Every Saturday at Noon at Gallery 324

Gallery 324
The Galleria at Erieview
1301 East Ninth Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114

216/780-1522
mbales at oh.verio.com
Gallery 324 Hours: M-F 10 am - 5 pm, Sat 10 am - 2 pm

Raymond L Bianchi lived for most of the 1990's in Latin America in
Brazil and Bolivia. A native of suburban Chicago and the child of
Italian Immigrants, he worked in international publishing since 1996.
His poetry has appeared or is upcoming in Antennae, Near South, Tin
Lustre Mobile, 26, Moria, Red River Review, Sentence, Bird Dog,
Literatura e Cultura, and his essays have appeared in the Economist
and the Financial Times. He is the section editor of the fall 2006
issue of Aufgabe, which includes a translation section of
contemporary Brazilian poetry that he translated. His book Circular
Descent was published by Blaze Vox Press in 2004, and a chapbook, The
American Master, was published by Moria Books in 2006. He is the
publisher of Cracked Slab Books in Chicago and edits the website
chicagopostmodernpoetry.com.

William Allegrezza teaches and writes from his base in Chicago.  His
poems,articles, and reviews have been published in several countries,
including the U.S., Holland, Finland, the Czech Republic, and
Australia, and are available in many online journals. Also, he is the
editor of moria (http://www.moriapoetry.com), a journal dedicated to
experimental poetry and poetics, and the editor-in-chief of Cracked
Slab Books (http://crackedslabbooks.com).  His e-books and books
include The Vicious Bunny Translations, Covering Over, Temporal
Nomads, Ladders in July, and In the Weaver's Valley.
Lou Suarez grew up in the 1950s in Canton, Ohio, a small city south
of Cleveland that provides an idyllic setting for many of his poems.
Suarez=B4s community spans across northeastern Ohio: after growing up
in Canton, he attended Kent State University to earn both his
Bachelor=B4s and Master=B4s degrees, then settled into marriage and a
teaching job in Elyria, Ohio. As a lifelong resident of Ohio, his
poems depict an Ohio town park pavilion where families "bring fried
chicken and deviled eggs" and "watch their dogs run loose through the
park," and the rural landscape of Ohio where "the east branch of the
Black River/ turns north along Short Road-/ Crow Road in the next
county,/ after this creek that begins as run-off/ from the farming
fields when spring rains come,/ mostly bank and brush,/ dry bed for
months in summer." He is currently Professor of Arts and Humanities
at Lorain County Community College and resides in Sheffield Lake,
Ohio.
Mollie Chambers - Not much is known about Mollie Chambers except that
she lives on the West Side of Cleveland, I=B4ve heard her read a couple
really good poems at the Lorain County Community College Poetry
Workshop, and she didn=B4t send in a bio in time for the press release.

DIRECTIONS

>From the west side

2 East - East Ninth Street, right - Lakeside, left - Galleria Parking
Garage, right (if you get to 12th street you went too far - go around
the block, right on 12th, right on St Clair, right on 9th, and right
on Lakeside, and then right at the Parking Garage sign). Parking is
Free
on Saturdays, $3 after 4pm on Fridays. Go up the escalator or
elevator
to the FIRST FLOOR. Out of the elevator turn right and walk past the
escalator to the Courtyard

480 - 176North - 90East - 2West (Lakewood) - East Ninth Street, left -
 Lakeside, left - Galleria Parking Garage, right (if you get to 12th
street you went too far - go around the block, right on 12th, right
on St Clair, right on 9th, and right on Lakeside, and then right at
the Parking Garage sign)

71 North - 90 East - 90East - 2West (Lakewood) - East Ninth Street,
left - Lakeside, left - Galleria Parking Garage, right (if you get to
12th street you went too far - go around the block, right on 12th,
right on St Clair, right on 9th, and right on Lakeside, and then
right at the Parking Garage sign)

77 North - 90East - 2West (Lakewood) - East Ninth Street, left -
Lakeside, left - Galleria Parking Garage, right (if you get to 12th
street
you went too far - go around the block, right on 12th, right on St
Clair, right on 9th, and right on Lakeside, and then right at the
Parking Garage sign)

>From the east side

480 - 77 North - 90East - 2West (Lakewood) - East Ninth Street, left -

Lakeside, left - Galleria Parking Garage, right (if you get to 12th
street
you went too far - go around the block, right on 12th, right on St
Clair, right on 9th, and right on Lakeside, and then right at the
Parking Garage sign)

90 West - 2 West - East Ninth Street, left - Lakeside, left -
Galleria
Parking Garage, right (if you get to 12th street you went too far -
go around the block, right on 12th, right on St Clair, right on 9th,
and right on Lakeside, and then right at the Parking Garage sign)

>From the Heights

Martin Luther King Jr Blvd North - 90 West - 2 west - East Ninth
Street, left - Lakeside, left - Galleria Parking Garage, right (if
you get to 12th street you went too far - go around the block, right
on 12th, right on St Clair, right on 9th, and right on Lakeside, and
then right at the Parking Garage sign)

By RTA Rapid

>From wherever you are go to the Tower City station and change for the
Waterfront Line - get off at East 9th street, up the stairs, turn
right on
East Ninth Street (away from the lake, away from the R&R Hall) walk
half a block to Lakeside, cross Ninth Street to your left, cross
Lakeside,
and half a block further on is the Ninth Street Entrance to the
Galleria.

If the weather's nice, you can also walk from Tower City across
Public
Square away from the Terminal Tower building you came out of (the
building in which the RTA Rapid lets you off) and toward the BP
Building. Walk east (that is, turn right just past the BP building)
on any of Superior, Rockwell, or St Clair streets, to East Ninth.
Turn left. From St Clair, it's right there; from Rockwell, one block,
from Superior two blocks, to the entrance at East Ninth and St Clair.

If you=B4d like to be removed from this email list, please REPLY to
this message to:
marcus at designerglass.com
and ask to be removed in the text of your message.