[NEohioPAL]WKYC Channel 3 can make your teen a better driver!

Project Go projectgocf at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 15:16:21 PDT 2006

------=_Part_39686_17931253.1161555381973

Project Go: Safe Teen Driving" and  WKYC Channel 3 News are bringing the
nationally acclaimed New Driver Car Control Clinic to Chagrin Falls High
School on October 26-29, 2006. This is the only scheduled Cleveland visit
for the Car Control Clinic! The Clinic is a hands-on, behind-the-wheel
program that teaches new drivers and their parents  what to do when
something goes terribly wrong in the traffic stream.

ABOUT THE CLASS:

Each parent-student  team (the Clinic does not accept a teen without a
parent) attends a Thursday  evening classroom session from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
and a four-hour  behind-the-wheel session on either Saturday or Sunday using
the family's or  teen's own car. The cost is $149 per team and includes a
56-page workbook and  45-minute DVD, plus a certificate of completion for
submission to an insurance  company for a possible discount. To register or
obtain more information on the  classes, log on to: www.carcontrol.com and
click on "Cleveland".

"More than 21,000  teens were killed or injured in car crashes in Ohio last
year" says Brooke Spectorsky, President and  General Manager of WKYC Channel
3 which, for the third year, is sponsoring  clinics in Northeast Ohio.
"According to the  National Safety Council one in four teens crashes in
their first year driving.  And the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
reports that 85% of crashes  involving a 16-year-old are "driver error." We
simply must do more to train our  children how to handle emergency
situations."

"Traditional  driver's education simply does not address the critical skills
required to  handle the dangerous conditions every new driver encounters,"
adds Mr.  Spectorsky. It is for this reason we are bringing The New Driver
Car Control Clinic to Chagrin  Falls."

 "I can  think of no other issue in society," says David Thompson, Clinic
founder, "where  bad behaviors and lack of training are costing more than
$190 billion a year and  we don't have ribbons on our lapels, people
marching in the streets, a national  movement." Thompson's claim, borne out
by statistical evidence, is that unless  your brain is pre-programmed to
react properly in a panic situation, you  will panic, you will lock up the
brakes and you will crash. A four-year study of the crash  experience of
graduates of The New Driver Car Control Clinic shows that teens  that
completed The New Driver Car Control Clinic had 77% fewer crashes
than  their peers of the same age during the same years.

------=_Part_39686_17931253.1161555381973

to Chagrin Falls High School on October 26-29, 2006. This is the only
scheduled Cleveland visit for the Car Control Clinic! The Clinic is a
hands-on, behind-the-wheel program that teaches new drivers and their
parents  what to do when something goes terribly wrong in the
traffic stream.  </span><br>

ABOUT THE CLASS:   <br>
[...]

our  children how to handle emergency situations."  <br>
"Traditional  driver's
education simply does not address the critical skills required
to  handle the dangerous conditions every new driver
encounters," adds Mr.  Spectorsky. It is for this reason we
are bringing The New Driver Car Control Clinic to
Chagrin  Falls." <br>

 "I can  think of no other issue in society," says David
Thompson, Clinic founder, "where  bad behaviors and lack of
training are costing more than $190 billion a year and  we
don't have ribbons on our lapels, people marching in the streets, a
national  movement." Thompson's claim, borne out by
statistical evidence, is that unless  your brain is
pre-programmed to react properly in a panic situation,
you  will panic, you will lock up the brakes and you will
crash. A four-year study of the crash  experience of
graduates of The New Driver Car Control Clinic shows that
teens  that completed The New Driver Car Control Clinic had
77% fewer crashes than  their peers of the same age during
the same years. <br>

------=_Part_39686_17931253.1161555381973--