[NEohioPAL]Time-shifting musical -- The Last Five Years

Jan Harcar Jharcar at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Mon Oct 23 10:26:25 PDT 2006

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C6F6A6.D69C9D70

A Time-Shifting Love Story

WEATHERVANE PLAYHOUSE'S production of

The Last Five Years a contemporary musical by Jason Robert Brown

SPONSORED BY MARGARET J. DIETZ

If you have ever wondered whether men really are from Mars or if women =
do come from Venus, you'll love The Last Five Years! See it at =
Weathervane Playhouse between November 1 - 18, 2006.

One of the most important musicals to emerge from the recent =
off-Broadway scene, this time-shifting musical tells the story of a =
relationship from two points of view. It follows Cathy (Joanna Mae =
Hunkins), a Catholic actress, and Jamie (Andrew Rothman), a young Jewish =
novelist, through the five turbulent years of their romance. Jamie tells =
his story in chronological order while Cathy's story goes in reverse. =
The fifteen songs - beautiful, ironic, often funny and sometimes =
painfully moving - confirm Brown's status as the most remarkable new =
voice in American musical theatre since Stephen Sondheim (Philadelphia =
Inquirer).

THE PLAYWRIGHT/COMPOSER

Jason Robert Brown grew up in the suburbs of New York City and attended =
the Eastman School of Music. He began his career in New York City as an =
arranger, conductor and pianist working on shows such as William Finn's =
A New Brain. Songs for a New World (directed by Daisy Prince) marked the =
first major New York production of Brown's songs. Through his =
association with Daisy Prince, Brown wound up writing songs for the =
Broadway musical, Parade, directed by Hal Prince, which won the 1999 =
Tony Award for Best Original Musical Score.

OUR DIRECTORS:

Jacqi Loewy (Director) happily returns to WCP having directed Little =
Shop of Horrors, The Fantasticks, Proof, Rocky Horror, and the =
award-winning The Laramie Project. Jacqi was onstage at Weathervane in=20

Six Degrees of Separation and Prelude to a Kiss. She is the Artistic =
Director of Charenton Theater Company (Cleveland's premier small =
theater). Originally from New York, her directing career began in 1979 =
for Madison Square Garden's and Warner Brothers' international =
productions of The Bugs Bunny Follies. Broadway choreography credits =
include I Married an Angel (starring Tony-winners Karen Ziemba and =
Phyllis Newman) and Just So (starring Tony-winner Andre de Shields). =
Locally, recent direction includes the world premiere of V-E Day (Dobama =
and The Cleveland Play House Next Stage), Constellations (Case Western =
Reserve University), Berlin to Broadway, The Fantasticks and She Loves =
Me (Lyric Opera Cleveland), Look Back in Anger (Charenton), The Eight: =
Reindeer Monologues (Cleveland Public Theatre), Shaw's Overruled, =
Mamet's Speed-the-Plow (The University of Akron), The World Goes Round, =
Crimes of the Heart, Bad Dates, Charlie Brown, The Nerd (Solon Center =
for the Arts.), The Fantasticks (Willoughby Fine Arts) and AVAIL4 =
(Playhouse Square). Next up: The Nutcracker at The Cleveland Play House =
and the world premier of Stars Fell All NIght at Cleveland Public =
Theatre. She will return to WCP to direct The Full Monty in the spring.

Jordan Cooper (Musical Director) played keyboard for all 19 performances =
of the 2004 production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. =
Jordan made his Weathervane debut as the Mad Hatter in Alice and the =
Wonderful Tea Party. Last year he played Colonel Pedro in Much Ado about =
Nothing. He has worked as everything from musical director for the =
Florida Repertory Theater in Ft. Myers, Florida to "the incredible =
floating dead baby" in The Grapes of Wrath.

OUR CAST:

Joanna Mae Hunkins Cathy Cleveland Heights

A graduate of Baldwin-Wallace College, Joanna has been seen as Soupy Sue =
in Urinetown, Susan in The Full Monty (Beck), Eve in Children of Eden =
(The Players Guild), Woman One in And the World Goes 'Round (Solon) and =
several roles at Mercury Summer Stock where she also serves as Company =
Manager.

Andrew Rothman Jamie South Euclid

Andrew's most recent appearance was this past spring in Chagrin Valley =
Little Theatre's I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change, for which he =
was awarded by the Ohio Community Theatre Association. Previous roles =
have included "Eugene" in Biloxi Blues, 'Seymour' in Little Shop of =
Horrors, and 'Rapunzel's Prince' in Into The Woods. This is his first =
appearance at Weathervane Playhouse. Andrew currently serves on the =
Board of Directors at Chagrin Valley Little Theatre, where he handles =
publicity and website/graphic design.

Bill Berry Stage Manager Wadsworth

Mark A. Zimmerman Lighting Designer Akron

David Cooper Costume Designer Akron

Alan Scott Ferrall Scenic Designer/Technical Director Cuyahoga Falls

Kathy Kohl Assistant Technical Director Akron

The Last Five Years, a musical about passionate relationships and the =
differences between men and women by Jason Robert Brown. See it at =
Weathervane Playhouse November 1 - 18, 2006. Preview performances on =
Wednesday and Thursday, November 1 & 2 at 7:30 p.m. with official =
opening on Friday, November 3 at 8:00 p.m. A complete performance =
schedule is posted online at weathervaneplayhouse.com. Charge by phone =
at Weathervane's Ticket Office at 330-836-2626. Call between 10 a.m. and =
5:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. Tickets: $15.

The play is recommended for audiences 16 years and older (language & =
content).

The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with state tax dollars to =
encourage economic growth,

education excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.

Additional Season Sponsors: WKSU, WCLV, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company

www.weathervaneplayhouse.com

***30***

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C6F6A6.D69C9D70

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><B><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D4>
<P align=3Dcenter>A Time-Shifting Love Story</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>WEATHERVANE PLAYHOUSE=92S production =
of</P></FONT><I><FONT=20
face=3DHelvetica>
<P align=3Dcenter>The Last Five Years</I> a contemporary musical by =
Jason Robert=20
Brown</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>SPONSORED BY MARGARET J. DIETZ</P></B></FONT><FONT=20
face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P>If you have ever wondered whether men really are from Mars or if =
women do=20
come from Venus, you=92ll love <I>The Last Five Years! </I>See it at =
Weathervane=20
Playhouse between November 1 =96 18, 2006.</P>
<P>One of the most important musicals to emerge from the recent =
off-Broadway=20
scene, this time-shifting musical tells the story of a relationship from =
two=20
points of view. It follows Cathy<B> (Joanna Mae Hunkins</B>), a Catholic =

actress, and Jamie (<B>Andrew Rothman</B>), a young Jewish novelist, =
through the=20
five turbulent years of their romance. Jamie tells his story in =
chronological=20
order while Cathy=92s story goes in reverse. The fifteen songs =96 =
beautiful,=20
ironic, often funny and sometimes painfully moving =96 confirm Brown=92s =
status as=20
the most remarkable new voice in American musical theatre since Stephen =
Sondheim=20
(Philadelphia Inquirer).</P><B>
<P>THE PLAYWRIGHT/COMPOSER</P>
<P>Jason Robert Brown</B> grew up in the suburbs of New York City and =
attended=20
the Eastman School of Music. He began his career in New York City as an=20
arranger, conductor and pianist working on shows such as William =
Finn=92s <I>A New=20
Brain.</I> <I>Songs for a New World</I> (directed by Daisy Prince) =
marked the=20
first major New York production of Brown=92s songs. Through his =
association with=20
Daisy Prince, Brown wound up writing songs for the Broadway musical,=20
<I>Parade,</I> directed by Hal Prince, which won the 1999 Tony Award for =
Best=20
Original Musical Score.</P><B>
<P>OUR DIRECTORS:</P></B><STRONG>
<P>Jacqi Loewy</STRONG> (Director) happily returns to WCP having =
directed=20
<I><STRONG>Little Shop of</STRONG><B> </B><STRONG>Horrors,</STRONG><B>=20
</B><STRONG>The Fantasticks</STRONG><B>,</B><STRONG> Proof</STRONG><B>,=20
</B><STRONG>Rocky Horror</I></STRONG>, and the award-winning <I>The</I>=20
<I><STRONG>Laramie Project</I></STRONG>. Jacqi was onstage at =
Weathervane in=20
</P>
<P align=3Dcenter></P></FONT><I><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2><STRONG>
<P>Six Degrees of</STRONG><B> </B><STRONG>Separation</I></STRONG> and=20
<I><STRONG>Prelude to a Kiss</I></STRONG>. She is the Artistic Director =
of=20
Charenton Theater Company (Cleveland=92s premier small theater). =
Originally from=20
New York, her directing career began in 1979 for Madison Square =
Garden=92s and=20
Warner Brothers=92 international productions of <I><STRONG>The Bugs =
Bunny Follies.=20
</I></STRONG>Broadway choreography credits include<STRONG> <I>I Married =
an=20
Angel</I></STRONG> (starring Tony-winners Karen Ziemba and Phyllis =
Newman) and=20
<I><STRONG>Just So</I></STRONG> (starring Tony-winner Andre de Shields). =

Locally, recent direction includes the world premiere of <I><STRONG>V-E=20
Day</I></STRONG> (Dobama and The Cleveland Play House Next Stage),=20
<I><STRONG>Constellations</I></STRONG> (Case Western Reserve =
University<B><I>),=20
</B><STRONG>Berlin to</STRONG><B> </B><STRONG>Broadway</STRONG><B>,=20
</B><STRONG>The Fantasticks</I></STRONG> and<B><I> </B><STRONG>She Loves =

Me</I></STRONG> (Lyric Opera Cleveland), <I><STRONG>Look Back in=20
Anger</I></STRONG> (Charenton), <I><STRONG>The Eight:</STRONG><B>=20
</B><STRONG>Reindeer Monologues</I></STRONG> (Cleveland Public Theatre), =
Shaw=92s=20
<I><STRONG>Overruled</I>, </STRONG>Mamet=92s=20
<I><STRONG>Speed-the-Plow</I></STRONG> (The University of Akron<B><I>),=20
</B><STRONG>The World Goes Round, Crimes of the Heart, Bad Dates, =
Charlie Brown,=20
The Nerd</I></STRONG> (Solon Center for the Arts.), <I><STRONG>The=20
Fantasticks</I></STRONG> (Willoughby Fine Arts) and=20
<I><STRONG>AVAIL4</I></STRONG> (Playhouse Square). Next up: =
<I><STRONG>The=20
Nutcracker</I></STRONG> at The Cleveland Play House and the world =
premier of=20
<I><STRONG>Stars Fell All NIght</I></STRONG> at Cleveland Public =
Theatre. She=20
will return to WCP to direct <I><STRONG>The</STRONG><B> </B><STRONG>Full =

Monty</I></STRONG> in the spring.</P><B>
<P>Jordan Cooper</B> (Musical Director) played keyboard for all 19 =
performances=20
of the 2004 production of <I>Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor =
Dreamcoat</I>.=20
Jordan made his Weathervane debut as the Mad Hatter in <I>Alice and the=20
Wonderful Tea Party</I>. Last year he played Colonel Pedro in <I>Much =
Ado about=20
Nothing</I>. He has worked as everything from musical director for the =
Florida=20
Repertory Theater in Ft. Myers, Florida to "the incredible floating dead =
baby"=20
in<I> The Grapes of Wrath</I>.</P><B>
<P>OUR CAST:</P></B><B>
<P>Joanna Mae Hunkins</B> Cathy Cleveland Heights</P>
<P>A graduate of Baldwin-Wallace College, Joanna has been seen as Soupy =
Sue in=20
<I>Urinetown</I>, Susan in <I>The Full Monty</I> (Beck), Eve in =
<I>Children of=20
Eden</I> (The Players Guild), Woman One in <I>And the World Goes =
=91Round</I>=20
(Solon) and several roles at Mercury Summer Stock where she also serves =
as=20
Company Manager.</P></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica =
size=3D1></FONT><B><FONT=20
face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P>Andrew Rothman</B> Jamie South Euclid</P>
<P>Andrew=92s most recent appearance was this past spring in Chagrin =
Valley Little=20
Theatre's <I>I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change</I>, for which he =
was=20
awarded by the Ohio Community Theatre Association. Previous roles have =
included=20
"Eugene" in <I>Biloxi Blues</I>, 'Seymour' in <I>Little Shop of =
Horrors</I>, and=20
'Rapunzel's Prince' in <I>Into The Woods</I>. This is his first =
appearance at=20
Weathervane Playhouse. Andrew currently serves on the Board of Directors =
at=20
Chagrin Valley Little Theatre, where he handles publicity and =
website/graphic=20
design.</P>
<P>Bill Berry Stage Manager Wadsworth</P>
<P>Mark A. Zimmerman Lighting Designer Akron</P>
<P>David Cooper Costume Designer Akron</P>
<P>Alan Scott Ferrall Scenic Designer/Technical Director Cuyahoga =
Falls</P>
<P>Kathy Kohl Assistant Technical Director Akron</P></FONT><I><FONT=20
face=3DHelvetica size=3D2><B>
<P>The Last Five Years</B></I>, a musical about passionate relationships =
and the=20
differences between men and women by <B>Jason Robert Brown</B>. See it =
at=20
Weathervane Playhouse <B>November 1 - 18, 2006. </B>Preview performances =
on=20
<B>Wednesday and Thursday, November 1 & 2 at 7:30 p.m.</B> with =
official=20
opening on <B>Friday, November 3 at 8:00 p.m.</B> A complete performance =

schedule is posted online at weathervaneplayhouse.com. Charge by phone =
at=20
Weathervane=92s Ticket Office at <B>330-836-2626</B>. <B><I>Call between =
10 a.m.=20
and 5:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday. </B>Tickets: $15.</P></I><B>
<P align=3Dcenter>The play is recommended for audiences 16 years and =
older=20
(language & content).</P></B></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D1>
<P align=3Dcenter></P>
<P align=3Dcenter>The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with =
state tax=20
dollars to encourage economic growth,</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>education excellence and cultural enrichment for all=20
Ohioans.</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>Additional Season Sponsors: WKSU, WCLV, Goodyear Tire =
&=20
Rubber Company</P></FONT><FONT face=3DTimes>
<P align=3Dcenter></FONT><A =
href=3D"http://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com/"><FONT=20
face=3DTimes>www.weathervaneplayhouse.com</FONT></A></P><I><FONT =
face=3DHelvetica=20
size=3D1>
<P align=3Dcenter></P></I></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter>***30***</P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial></FONT> </P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C6F6A6.D69C9D70--